Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Hey guys! Just wondering if there’s any possible way to get a ticket refund for last night’s game???

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Hey guys! Just wondering if there’s any possible way to get a ticket refund for last night’s game???

You could probably get a few bucks from people here if you promise to never mention it again..

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^^
LOL

So my wife and I are coming to Columbus for New Years.
Coming down on the 30th, staying for a couple nights, catching the game vs TB.

Any suggestions on where to go for New Years? Is there a park where they do the countdown, etc.....

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Two questions:

Has anyone seen a souvenir cup other than Foligno or Bobrovsky? They seem to be doing one a month and they didn't have the new one in on December 1 (only game I'm able to make this month).

Any word on the yearbook giveaway date?

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
...so a few complaints about the arena. Curious if anyone here is connected and can address any of them. The QR codes for buying Club tickets via ticketmaster are a pain. Showing the "ticket" to the ushers in order to get into club is a pain. WTH is up with the teenie-bop song we play when the teams come out just before the Anthem? And the tetris-sounding song they play when we win is just weird. Finally - a Club level thing...they need to come up with some rules for the Handicap seats - - when they stand, people in the first few rows of club can't see much of the the ice through their heads.

...just whining a bit...

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
...so a few complaints about the arena. Curious if anyone here is connected and can address any of them. The QR codes for buying Club tickets via ticketmaster are a pain. Showing the "ticket" to the ushers in order to get into club is a pain. WTH is up with the teenie-bop song we play when the teams come out just before the Anthem? And the tetris-sounding song they play when we win is just weird. Finally - a Club level thing...they need to come up with some rules for the Handicap seats - - when they stand, people in the first few rows of club can't see much of the the ice through their heads.

...just whining a bit...
Ok, if we are whining about arena ops, I want to contribute. What the heck is up with the Gatling gun? They don’t shoot very far. It’s a pretty anemic attempt. The cheerleaders actually throw them farther than the “T-shirt cannon” shoots.

And I sit row 2 in club. If the folks in handicap seating below us stand against the back of the section where SRO usually go, it’s fine. Alert your usher.

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The Gatling gun used to get to the top of the upper deck, but it was shooting the shirts out so fast that people were probably getting injured by the shirts.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The Gatling gun used to get to the top of the upper deck, but it was shooting the shirts out so fast that people were probably getting injured by the shirts.
Huh? Can’t be they intentionally lowered the power, really? Ridiculous.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

...just whining a bit...

I have no idea WTF that goofy-ass song is that gets played when we win, but it needs to go the way of the mammoth.

but then again, I still pine for the days when we played Gary Glitter as our goal song...

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Ok, if we are whining about arena ops, I want to contribute. What the heck is up with the Gatling gun? They don’t shoot very far. It’s a pretty anemic attempt. The cheerleaders actually throw them farther than the “T-shirt cannon” shoots.

And I sit row 2 in club. If the folks in handicap seating below us stand against the back of the section where SRO usually go, it’s fine. Alert your usher.

...but I feel like a jerk asking the people to sit down. There should be a rule, and then it's not my preference, just rule enforcement.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
and it seems like they shoot farther when there are two shirts stuffed in there, and stuffed hard.

Club is the worst for t shirts, pizza, jewelry, parachutes, you name it. I've sat in c7/c8/c9 over the years 200 times, and caught my first shirt about 2 weeks ago. I understand that they take a lot of club ticket holders for granted, but I feel like people in premium seats should get rewarded, often.

I remember in 2007 I believe that we got all kinds of stuff - the best was an autograph session on maybe a saturday for Club STH only. Maybe suites were there too, IDK. Lines were maybe 3 people deep at most, and all 3 of my kids got every autograph and several player pictures with them in about an hour.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
one more, and maybe I am not paying attention, but are we done with the "Rise up" song just before player intros? It's not church, it's a hockey game. I don't want to bow my head, I want to get fired up.

Overall, and maybe it's a licensing or money (IDK what we pay to play music), our music choices suck and have mostly forever. On any given night, there are maybe 4 or 5 songs most people recognize and can enjoy / have fun with.

and bye bye hockey song, please. I think it's an effort to avoid 2 minutes of effort.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Huh? Can’t be they intentionally lowered the power, really? Ridiculous.

The guy who sits next to me complained to his ticket rep about the lack of giveaways in our section and he was told the t shirt guns were turned down for safety. I the early years they would shoot a t shirt from center ice to the top of the upper bowl all of the time.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Anyone heading out to Vegas for the game in a few weeks? Thinking of taking a flight out there the day of and flying home on the red eye....need to make it back by the evening for a graduate school class. Worth it?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The guy who sits next to me complained to his ticket rep about the lack of giveaways in our section and he was told the t shirt guns were turned down for safety. I the early years they would shoot a t shirt from center ice to the top of the upper bowl all of the time.
While I get that, I think there's multiple variables at play with the Gatling Gun. One's the velocity of the t-shirts, but the other is that the t-shirts are rolled so they have the consistency of a brick.

Maybe up the pressure a bit and then package the t-shirts in a way that they're softer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad