Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just got back from Nationwide, went ahead and got quarter season tickets. 222 in the first five. I'm actually really excited because these are pretty much the exact seats I wanted without going full season and the exact plan I wanted.

Last home game of the season and it's against Pittsburgh.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just got back from Nationwide, went ahead and got quarter season tickets. 222 in the first five. I'm actually really excited because these are pretty much the exact seats I wanted without going full season and the exact plan I wanted.

Last home game of the season and it's against Pittsburgh.

Congrats - I renewed my full season in 207.. From looking into other seats I've found the Ticket Reps will allow you to sit lower than the website says if something is open. Wanted to move to a different seat in Row A for my full season only to find out they're letting a quarter season ticket holder continue to renew that seat even though he's only there for 11-12 games. :(

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Congrats - I renewed my full season in 207.. From looking into other seats I've found the Ticket Reps will allow you to sit lower than the website says if something is open. Wanted to move to a different seat in Row A for my full season only to find out they're letting a quarter season ticket holder continue to renew that seat even though he's only there for 11-12 games. :(

That's frustrating, our rep told us those weren't available to quarter season holders

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I just contacted my ticket rep to ask about the season ticket holder event for this year. He said that the fifth line event is open to everyone. No zoo Cbj event is happening this year. Kind of bummed about that. One of the things I liked best about being a season ticket holder is some access that is a bit smaller. Typically there have been at least two season ticket holder only meet and greet events. My rep says there is one planned possibly for February. Still not happy about that. We always look forward to a preseason event similar to the zoo in the past.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I just contacted my ticket rep to ask about the season ticket holder event for this year. He said that the fifth line event is open to everyone. No zoo Cbj event is happening this year. Kind of bummed about that. One of the things I liked best about being a season ticket holder is some access that is a bit smaller. Typically there have been at least two season ticket holder only meet and greet events. My rep says there is one planned possibly for February. Still not happy about that. We always look forward to a preseason event similar to the zoo in the past.

Agreed! They're saying the 5LFest will have "exclusive areas and lines" for STH but let's be honest -- with the amount of people that will be there it's not going to feel "exclusive" at all.

We were also supposed to get 2 "Chalk talks" last year and only ended up getting 1.

Also noticed this year if you want to get extra tickets they have raised the prices of those extra tickets... Not truly priced at STH price.

Overall pretty disappointing that one season of success has suddenly lead to decreased benefits for STH. :shakehead

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Does anyone know if the Huntington Green Seats have been discontinued? No information on them anymore on the team website.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Does anyone know if the Huntington Green Seats have been discontinued? No information on them anymore on the team website.

If you click on single game tickets, those rows are still blocked off. Perhaps they're just reworking the promo or something.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010

They're going to be mobile-only this season. They had a flyer about it at the ticket windows during the latter part of last season.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Agreed! They're saying the 5LFest will have "exclusive areas and lines" for STH but let's be honest -- with the amount of people that will be there it's not going to feel "exclusive" at all.

We were also supposed to get 2 "Chalk talks" last year and only ended up getting 1.

Also noticed this year if you want to get extra tickets they have raised the prices of those extra tickets... Not truly priced at STH price.

Overall pretty disappointing that one season of success has suddenly lead to decreased benefits for STH. :shakehead

All of this is disappointing, yes, especially doing away with the zoo event, but as long as they keep up the winning I will be pretty quick to forgive ;)

Daytonian

Nov 6, 2014
Dayton OH
What about the mobile-less?

If you click on single game tickets, those rows are still blocked off. Perhaps they're just reworking the promo or something.

Mobile only??? New technology is fine and the way of the future. Still, some of us go with our cell phones until they die and do not have I-phones that accept the newest apps or that can display tickets to the phone.

It would be nice to still be able to pick up Huntington Green tix at the box office for low-demand games.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Mobile only??? New technology is fine and the way of the future. Still, some of us go with our cell phones until they die and do not have I-phones that accept the newest apps or that can display tickets to the phone.

It would be nice to still be able to pick up Huntington Green tix at the box office for low-demand games.
Should be possible to pick up a cheap tablet that'll take care of that for you when you're near a Wifi hotspot.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Correction: no green seats this year. Sorry for sharing old info. It was the best I had at the time.

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/tickets/promotions?partnerId=cbj-int-com-ddm-promo

While I'm sorry to see them go, I get it.

When a franchise struggles to maintain its season ticket base, having seats available in a half empty arena for $10 while the season ticket holders are paying double to triple for the same seats is probably not a good policy. People can find any number of reasons not to buy season tickets for a team where tickets are readily available, so it's probably best not to provide them with one more.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
While I'm sorry to see them go, I get it.

When a franchise struggles to maintain its season ticket base, having seats available in a half empty arena for $10 while the season ticket holders are paying double to triple for the same seats is probably not a good policy. People can find any number of reasons not to buy season tickets for a team where tickets are readily available, so it's probably best not to provide them with one more.

With the way the team has progressed over the last year in fan popularity in Columbus, it is understandable. They really shouldn't need to "advertise 10 dollar seats" to get people to come. Fans should be much more likely to attend this year.

Shoot, in years past- I struggled to find anyone that wanted to go to Columbus Blue Jacket's games with me, even for a free seat in Club.. Then last year comes- My family has people wanting our club seats for free on a weekend, and I have like 4 close friends/family members that I can hit up on late notice if I have an open seat that doesn't go to use.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Huntington pulled out of the Green Seats promotion and they are struggling to find a replacement sponsor (plus, there aren't any other big companies in Columbus with green as part of their logo so would it change to...Ohio Health Blue Seats? - just an example).

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I are going to be visiting Columbus from Toronto this weekend for a concert on Saturday night. What are some things we should do/see while in town?

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Hey guys, my girlfriend and I are going to be visiting Columbus from Toronto this weekend for a concert on Saturday night. What are some things we should do/see while in town?

Thanks in advance!

Columbus Zoo is usually on most peoples bucket list when they visit here. #1 Zoo in the U.S. and well worth a visit.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Anyone have a single ticket cheap for tonight? Direct message me if you have one, thanks.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
IMPORTANT QUESTION :)

I am a student but am in the process of getting a new ID. For student rush tickets, they say you have to show an ID but I’ve had a few people tell me that they don’t even check when they’re scanning your ticket.

Can anyone help me out? Do you have to show your ID/Have you been able to get in without showing your student ID?

Thanks!

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
IMPORTANT QUESTION :)

I am a student but am in the process of getting a new ID. For student rush tickets, they say you have to show an ID but I’ve had a few people tell me that they don’t even check when they’re scanning your ticket.

Can anyone help me out? Do you have to show your ID/Have you been able to get in without showing your student ID?

Thanks!

I have never been asked to show my student ID in the past for student rush...

A few years back I worked for the team in promoting the student rush program on OSU's campus, and this was never an issue.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I have never been asked to show my student ID in the past for student rush...

A few years back I worked for the team in promoting the student rush program on OSU's campus, and this was never an issue.

Apparently they are actually checking ID’s this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad