GDT: Columbus @ Nashville

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good shot there from Silly

Heard the latest puck rakerspodcast and Hedger said he could see silly becoming a mold of Boone Jenner. Second line/ top 6 center. Not sure I agree but would be nice

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
McDonagh would have been such a good pickup 2 years ago when he chose not to waive to us. Shame

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Good shot there from Silly

Heard the latest puck rakerspodcast and Hedger said he could see silly becoming a mold of Boone Jenner. Second line/ top 6 center. Not sure I agree but would be nice
Curious your thoughts on whether Silly of Voronkov has the higher upside?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Curious your thoughts on whether Silly of Voronkov has the higher upside?
Upside is probably Silly but I am not sure he’ll ever hit his upside. Both are safe bets to be good contributors though.

What’re your thoughts.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Upside is probably Silly but I am not sure he’ll ever hit his upside. Both are safe bets to be good contributors though.

What’re your thoughts.
I like Sillinger’s energy and aggressiveness but I like Voronkov’s size, hands and clever passing even more. I also think he’ll be the better goal scorer.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like Sillinger’s energy and aggressiveness but I like Voronkov’s size, hands and clever passing even more. I also think he’ll be the better goal scorer.

Voronkov's hockey sense is much better than I anticipated, while Sillinger is low end, especially with passing. Then you add in Voronkov's physical advantage, the size and reach. I think Voronkov, if he could play a few more shifts per game, basically would be a 2C already. I don't think Sillinger's upside is that high.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t believe Burnette could have performed miracles with this team, but he sure would have been a good hire.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don’t believe Burnette could have performed miracles with this team, but he sure would have been a good hire.
But he drove a golf cart a few hundred yards after a few drinks and a cop with nothing to do made an arrest.:laugh: The guy had just won a Presidents Trophy with Florida and the CBJ "brain trust" thought that a mothballed Babcock would be the better choice.

Sillinger has grown on me. I think that he's a glue player. Possibly a second liner but maybe just a very good bottom 6er. I think he'll have a long NHL career. I'll have to give Jarmo a good deal of credit for keeping him up in the NHL during these lost seasons. I think he's a much better player for it.

Voronkov has a very nice touch for a big man. Doesn't play like a big man most of the time unfortunately. Don't see him as a top line center. Probably a more skilled player than Sillinger but Cole has plenty of time to refine his skill set.

I also think it's important to realize that Sillinger is still 20 while Voronkov is 23.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
But he drove a golf cart a few hundred yards after a few drinks and a cop with nothing to do made an arrest.:laugh: The guy had just won a Presidents Trophy with Florida and the CBJ "brain trust" thought that a mothballed Babcock would be the better choice.
He was never really an option because once the Nashville job became open, that’s where he wanted to go. If I recall right, he was interviewed here, and then Nashville job became open, and it was over.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Sillinger has grown on me. I think that he's a glue player. Possibly a second liner but maybe just a very good bottom 6er. I think he'll have a long NHL career. I'll have to give Jarmo a good deal of credit for keeping him up in the NHL during these lost seasons. I think he's a much better player for it.

Voronkov has a very nice touch for a big man. Doesn't play like a big man most of the time unfortunately. Don't see him as a top line center. Probably a more skilled player than Sillinger but Cole has plenty of time to refine his skill set.

I also think it's important to realize that Sillinger is still 20 while Voronkov is 23.
And you looked at Florida roster and who was the coach after? Just don't change the system. Conversely, look at the Panthers play in the PO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad