Columbus Blue Jackets Mid Season Report

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
IMO

Defense is an A. We are 2nd in the league in GA, and top five in GF, primarily due to D being better slotted with the addition of Werenski and the emergence of Jones.
Frankly the mistakes that have been made appear more egregiuos than they are because there have been so few of them. Yes, room for improvement, but a solid A nonetheless.

Forwards are an A-. Many are outperforming their career best to date. Two have been underwhelming from a productivity perspective, but are coming around (finally). One is talented as all get out but seems to be in Torts' crosshairs for being consistently inconsistent as far as effort/positioning.

Goalie - Bob is an A+.
The rest of the goalie group gets an I (Incomplete). Not enough games to evaluate, but what we've seen thus far is cause for concern.

Special Teams - A for both. And we've done a better job of staying out of the box, thus helping the PK that much more and allowing 4 lines to roll more regularly.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Just a quick thing about our defense. While they have made some mistakes, they always correct those mistakes by the next game. That's a result of good coaching.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Just a quick thing about our defense. While they have made some mistakes, they always correct those mistakes by the next game. That's a result of good coaching.

I don't know about that. Not bearing on the overall grade for the D, but I've seen Werenski start to get damn repetitive with some of his mistakes.

Kid needs a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad