Post-Game Talk: Columbus Blue Jackets at New York Rangers - March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It all depends upon who's doing the shouting. On this board, Kreider is considered an elite analytics player. Anyone who puts stock in those numbers will continue to be fans. The eyetest crowd wants production.

*Gestures towards the ice*

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What do we do next year at the center position if both Chytil and Lias are ready? I'm ok with Zibby-Hayes-Chytil-Lias down the middle. Would playing 4th line center be ok for Lias' development?

I would not be the least bit surprised to see Andersson and Chytil taking shifts on the wings and other guys sliding over as well.

I wouldn't count out some of the versatility next year's roster could have.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would not be the least bit surprised to see Andersson and Chytil taking shifts on the wings and other guys sliding over as well.

I wouldn't count out some of the versatility next year's roster could have.

Damn i knew you would say that lol.
I can see that as well. I just would rather have them play center and be our future 1/2 or 2/3 center combination.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gary Sanchez is a legit perennial all star player playing a position that is traditionally weak offensively.

Kreider is good, but hes not that level of good.

He's not at that level for sure, but are we just talking, or do we actually want him moved?

Hard to tell around here and don't tell me the latter isn't a thing.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Damn i knew you would say that lol.
I can see that as well. I just would rather have them play center and be our future 1/2 or 2/3 center combination.

Truth be told, I'm really not concerned with them spending time on the wings at all. Especially at 19 and 20 years of age next season.

I would also caution that it is a VERY real possibility that they spend additional time in the AHL. I know that does little to prevent the ----storm that would occur if it happened, but I can't help myself.

People are spending so much time trying to predict next year's roster, and our contention timeline, and a million other things. The reality is that we are still in March --- we don't know where we're drafting, we don't know who we've drafted, we don't know what other moves are around the corner (and I believe several additional moves are going to happen), and a host of other factors.

Right now, the most interesting part of the Rangers rebuild is where they will pick in the draft. Once we get through that, we'll see where everything else falls into place (or doesn't).

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's not at that level for sure, but are we just talking, or do we actually want him moved?

Hard to tell around here and don't tell me the latter isn't a thing.

I've seen very few people suggest that they want him moved unless the right deal comes along.

The only guy who I feel 10000000% has to be moved this summer is Zucc.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Truth be told, I'm really not concerned with them spending time on the wings at all. Especially at 19 and 20 years of age next season.

I would also caution that it is a VERY real possibility that they spend additional time in the AHL. I know that does little to prevent the ----storm that would occur if it happened, but I can't help myself.

People are spending so much time trying to predict next year's roster, and our contention timeline, and a million other things. The reality is that we are still in March --- we don't know where we're drafting, we don't know who we've drafted, we don't know what other moves are around the corner (and I believe several additional moves are going to happen), and a host of other factors.

Right now, the most interesting part of the Rangers rebuild is where they will pick in the draft. Once we get through that, we'll see where everything else falls into place (or doesn't).

Absolutely. Would not be shocked if one of them is gonna see more time in the AHL to help with their development.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've seen very few people suggest that they want him moved unless the right deal comes along.

The only guy who I feel 10000000% has to be moved this summer is Zucc.

Some people -not mentioning any names- who want to suddenly crown Kreider as the only reason for Zibanejad's success, will be trading Kreider for a gumball the next time his shooting percentage goes cold.

Just a few, and maybe my original comment was too sweeping, but that's because the agenda irks me.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I like Kreider but my problem with him is consistency.
He has all the tools in the world to absolutely dominate games and be a Corey Perry but instead he's just a 20 goal scorer.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like Kreider but my problem with him is consistency.
He has all the tools in the world to absolutely dominate games and be a Corey Perry but instead he's just a 20 goal scorer.

ymm8v.jpg

@Go Away Staal Took about a page...

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I wouldn't be opposed to that conversation.

Something tells me he's going west though.
Dallas and Calgary are just so obvious of a fit. I even think bobbop said we were negotiating Zucc to Calgary and were asking for Rasmus Andersson or Fox. I also wouldn’t be shocked if Gorton already has a deal in place that has the trigger pulled in the offseason

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Why would we want to trade our 24 year old center who is a PPG when healthy not to mention our best skater this past playoff run?

I honestly dont get it.

It was said in jest. Again its totally cool to mention trading kreider but not Zibby? His health hasn't been exactly bulletproof and with head injuries many a career have been cut short. Would you get it a bit more if montreal offered you the number 4 or number 5 pick overall?

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
It was said in jest. Again its totally cool to mention trading kreider but not Zibby? His health hasn't been exactly bulletproof and with head injuries many a career have been cut short. Would you get it a bit more if montreal offered you the number 4 or number 5 pick overall?

I wouldn't trade Kreider either.

With Bergevin everything is possible and I would certainly entertain the idea but honestly, I think I would decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad