Columbus Blue Jackets 2014 NHL Draft preview

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

For the first time since 2009 the Columbus Blue Jackets had a berth in the NHL playoffs. Their time, however, was short lived, as they fell to the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.

While the Blue Jackets more established players, like Jack Johnson and Brandon Dubinsky, were front and center for much of the postseason, plenty of Columbus' homegrown talent, such as Ryan Murray, Ryan Johansen, and Boone Jenner gained valuable playoff experience.

The upswing for the Blue Jackets has finally arrived. With most of its highly-touted prospects graduating to the NHL and a slew of European and Canadian forwards nearing their arrival to the professional game, a Blue Jackets squad that was ranked 13th in the league in scoring should continue its climb over the next few years.… read more

More...

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I agree with the sentiments that we need to start working on building the backend, which is why the Fabbri selection makes little sense. Other than playing on a line with Rychel, we have little use for a guy like Fabbri in our system right now, and would benefit more from several other guys in that range.

I wouldn't be disappointed if that's the turnout, but I certainly think there are going to be other players at that spot, that could use more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad