Value of: Colton Sissons

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Seems to be quite unheralded on here.

Great young defensive player.

What’s his value in a trade and in contract talks?
I'd like to sign him for around $2M. Or on a bridge deal of some sort... I am thinking he has just 2 years until qualifying for UFA, however (somebody correct me if that's wrong), so I guess I am looking at just a very short 1x$2M deal, so that we have him still restricted after this year. Then how he plays this season dictates the term and magnitude of his next long-term deal.

Alternatively, if he wants term now, then $2.5M-$3M on a 4- or 5-year deal would be my offer. I think he could do better than that if he takes the 1-year deal now though... because I'd probably be looking at him as my replacement for Bonino long-term and assuming he plays as well next season as he did last season, then my offer to him next year is probably more like 6x$4M.

I don't think there's any merit in a discussion of his trade value... there's no reason the Preds would trade him. He's young, progressing very well, and checks a whole lot of boxes for what we need both in the lineup and on the payroll. There's absolutely no futures return anybody would actually offer that would compel me to trade him. Nobody is going to offer a top-10 pick, for example, right? And our cap situation makes it difficult for anybody to offer us an overpayment in the form of a roster player that would work either. I can't see him being any kind of trade candidate. He's in that category of player where the stars have aligned so that it would take the kind of overpayment that nobody is going to sign up for.

Reactions: Blueboy

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Never say never. How highly did Paul Fenton speak of him in Nashville?
I don't remember Paul Fenton speaking of anybody in Nashville - not publicly that we paid any mind to, anyway, he was behind the curtains to us. So no idea what he thought of Sissons.

If we failed to find any other way to get a 2nd line winger, I'd be cautiously curious about trying Zucker with Granlund again there for us. But I would not trade Sissons for Zucker. However they stack up as players, it's a non-starter on the cap front. So that's what we're up against here. Even if you offered a good player for him, it's not going to fit our cap without something else shaking loose.

Anyway, anybody can make their trade offers. I pred-ict they will generate lots of "No Thanks" responses from Preds fans.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Nashville's new Assistant Coach used to coach him in juniors. Obviously can't trade him now!

He's a guy worth more to the team than actual market value. If he had more offensive talent he'd be captain material.

With a career high of 30 points, I don't see him returning much in a trade. May as well just keep him.

Reactions: preds1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad