Injury Report: Colton Sceviour 10/21/17 (upper-body injury), day-to-day

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I hope Boughner or Tallon or whoever is the appropriate party will report this to the league.

Of course, it'll go in the pile "discard - Penguins do nothing wrong".

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
What surprised me was the lack of reaction from Boughner. He's talking to the officials getting an explanation, shrugs and just says okay. GG would have been going through the roof. While the 4 officials were meeting they kept panning on Hornquist and he had this guilty look on his face like a cat that just swallowed the canary. He knew it was a cheap shot. Two game suspension from Parros.:madfire:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
No penalty there but let's call penalties for face off violations and offsides challenge fails. That stuff bugs me.

-ghoste

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
What surprised me was the lack of reaction from Boughner. He's talking to the officials getting an explanation, shrugs and just says okay. GG would have been going through the roof. While the 4 officials were meeting they kept panning on Hornquist and he had this guilty look on his face like a cat that just swallowed the canary. He knew it was a cheap shot. Two game suspension from Parros.:madfire:
That means absolutely ****ing nothing. Your speculation is sometimes very irritating.

How do you know the ref didn't say "sorry we missed it, can't go back to review, but player safety will review and hand out punishment accordingly".

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Is this official or is this jumping the gun and making assumptions like the last thread?
Cause, question mark. Concussion, question mark. I'm not assuming anything, though with the current concussion protocol, I'd be shocked if Sceviour doesn't miss at least one game, whether he has symptoms or not.

Afaik there was nothing official on McGinn either taking a rest in the pre-season.
McGinn left a game, the next day he had a maintenance day and stayed behind in Florida, while the rest of the team travelled to Montreal. Nope, doesn't sound like an injury at all.

Rest is when the team has pre-planned it in advance, they weren't planning to rest McGinn before whatever happened to him happened. Boughner was on the record saying that he wanted to ice as close to the actual line-up as possible in the last game.

Should we not discuss potential injuries on a discussion board? It's not like I'm pulling these out of a hat.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
That means absolutely ****ing nothing. Your speculation is sometimes very irritating.

How do you know the ref didn't say "sorry we missed it, can't go back to review, but player safety will review and hand out punishment accordingly".

How is a ref going to speak for the player safety office? Relax.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The McGinn situation looked exactly like what you stated so you easily can make that assumption, but it was nothing officially reported and the staff said he is fine when there were inquiries about the situation.

We should discuss them, but an injury report thread that has the looks of official news on the board before it's officially reported is just adding to the scare that the fans of this team are already full of. Perhaps speculate them in the GDT/PGT until it's official.

I'm not the admin here just voicing out my opinion.

Been like this for years. It's a quick for people that didnt see parts of the game or the game itself (like me) to know that there was an incident.

Question marks have always been part of the title for people to know it's not official and is then removed if and when made official.

Dont understand the outrage.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

Sorry we missed it? :laugh: That's why the 4 of them met to discuss it. You don't miss a call like that after all eye's were on that spot in the middle of the ice after Sceviour had just passed the puck on the blue line a second before. No way all 4 of them missed that call. Just typical NHL officiating BS where the league is turning a blind eye to head shots. I will trust that Parros will not let it slide, but if he gets a call from Bettman.............all betts are off. :)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Sorry we missed it? :laugh: That's why the 4 of them met to discuss it. You don't miss a call like that after all eye's were on that spot in the middle of the ice after Sceviour had just passed the puck on the blue line a second before. No way all 4 of them missed that call. Just typical NHL officiating BS where the league is turning a blind eye to head shots. I will trust that Parros will not let it slide, but if he gets a call from Bettman.............all betts are off. :)
Whatever. I made up the conversation. The point is, because Boughner didn't yell at the official or throw spit balls at him to satisfy your desire for immediate action, doesn't mean Boughner is a pushover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad