Colorado Rockies

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Doug Favell

Here is the goaltender who guided the rockies to there only playoff apperance in the 1978 playoffs former philadelphia flyer and toronto maple leaf Doug Favell.he kept the rockies in those playoff games against the flyers.

South Florida Canuck

Biggest Canucks Superfan in South Florida
Jun 8, 2006
Jupiter, FL
I have a pair of Lanny McDonalds pants he used when he played for the Rockies. I still bust them out from time to time during pick up games and practices, along with my Rockies jersey

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Simon Nolet

Here is another former philadelphia flyer the captain of the kansas city scouts Simon Nolet.Nolet was traded to the pittsburgh penguins during the 1975-76 and last season in kansas city.he was traded back to the team in there first season in colorado with goalie Michel Plasse for compensation for the penguins signing of goalie Denis Herron.

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Steve Durbano

Here is one of the toughest players in the NHL in the 1970s Steve Durbano. he played with the st louis blues, pittsburgh,kansas city,colorado and birmingham of the WHA. he was also signed by the detroit red wings in the 1977-78 season but did not play a game for detroit.

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
LANNY McDONALD

Now here is a photo of the former maple leaf who was traded to colorado on 12-29-1979 for Wilf Paiement this is Lanny McDonald. McDonald only played 1 full season for the rockies and 2 partial seasons.and if you compare Wilf Paiements record for the 5+ seasons he played for the scouts-rockies franchise he was the best player that they had.go look in the record book.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Now here is a photo of the former maple leaf who was traded to colorado on 12-29-1979 for Wilf Paiement this is Lanny McDonald. McDonald only played 1 full season for the rockies and 2 partial seasons.and if you compare Wilf Paiements record for the 5+ seasons he played for the scouts-rockies franchise he was the best player that they had.go look in the record book.

Lanny's in the Hall and brought more to the team. Ask any Rockies fan and we all will say Lanny was the best.

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Rockies

Lanny's in the Hall and brought more to the team. Ask any Rockies fan and we all will say Lanny was the best.

Now we are not talking about McDonalds years with toronto or calgary he was only with the rockies one full season and 2 partial seasons.Wilf Paiement was with the team for 5+ years including the teams stay in kansas city. so Wilf Paiement was the better player for the Scouts-Rockies teams.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Now we are not talking about McDonalds years with toronto or calgary he was only with the rockies one full season and 2 partial seasons.Wilf Paiement was with the team for 5+ years including the teams stay in kansas city. so Wilf Paiement was the better player for the Scouts-Rockies teams.
Tree dropping in the forest with KC.

Looks like the first three rows were full in that clip, which easily puts it at the biggest crowd ever in Big Mac.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
I remember reading a Hockey News article about Durbano sometime around 97 or 98. Depressing story that ended up not having a happy ending.

Big#D

Tree dropping in the forest with KC.

Looks like the first three rows were full in that clip, which easily puts it at the biggest crowd ever in Big Mac.

sounds like that you dont like to hear the truth.Wilf Paiement is the best ever for the scouts-rockies.

As a (former) Colorado Rockies fan, I have to say, I agree with Hasbro on this one. Stop looking at stats sheets. During that time period, Lanny McDonald was far and away the better player of the two (and was the best player the Rockies ever had on their team). You can add up points and say that 5 years is better than 2 (0.5 + 1 + 0.5) but that is just silly. McDonald meant much more to the Rockies in his time with the Rockies than Paiement did in any one of his years there. It sounds to me that it is Olympia Stadium that doesn't want to hear the truth or has no idea what he/she is talking about / doesn't remember much about Rockies hockey.

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Rockies

It sounds to me that it is Olympia Stadium that doesn't want to hear the truth or has no idea what he/she is talking about / doesn't remember much about Rockies hockey.

I do know what the truth is look at Wilf Paiement stats for the 5+ years that he was with the Scouts and Rockies teams.it dont take a rocket scientist to see that Paiements was worth alot more to that organization than a player who was on the team for only 1 full season and 2 partial seasons.and Wilf Paiement lead the rockies to there only playoff apperance in the scouts-rockies history.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
What in the hell did Craig attack him like that for? Robert was a cheese cake fighter

I'm not sure. I do know when the Atlanta Flames had "Jim Craig Day" that the Coke commercial was filmed against the Rockies. Maybe Robert was a Pepsi man. ;)

Big#D

He is a photo of the best player that the scouts-rockies ever had Wilf Paiement.this photo was taken at the detroit olympia stadium before a rockies detroit game.

I do know what the truth is look at Wilf Paiement stats for the 5+ years that he was with the Scouts and Rockies teams.it dont take a rocket scientist to see that Paiements was worth alot more to that organization than a player who was on the team for only 1 full season and 2 partial seasons.and Wilf Paiement lead the rockies to there only playoff apperance in the scouts-rockies history.

I disagree very much with your opinion as would any Colorado Rockies fan or anyone who spent any time actually following the Rockies when they actually played hockey. I also noticed that in the first two postings above your referred to Paiement as the best player that Colorado ever had and now you start talking about being worth more to the organization. He may have been worth more to the organization in that during his time there he scored more goals and had more points but he was not the best player to play for the team. Lanny was.

It is fine that your opinion is that Paiement is better but I don't think you will find any Rockies fan who shares your opinion. As for using stats as the basis of your opinion, stats are the bastion of people who can't just a player based on his play. If you saw the two players throughought their careers, you would know that Lanny was a far better player than Wilf. This leads me to believe that you didn't watch these player play much during their careers. Wilf Paiement was a good NHL hockey player whereas Lanny McDonald was a great NHL hockey player.

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Colorodo Rockies

I disagree very much with your opinion as would any Colorado Rockies fan or anyone who spent any time actually following the Rockies when they actually played hockey. I also noticed that in the first two postings above your referred to Paiement as the best player that Colorado ever had and now you start talking about being worth more to the organization. He may have been worth more to the organization in that during his time there he scored more goals and had more points but he was not the best player to play for the team. Lanny was.

It is fine that your opinion is that Paiement is better but I don't think you will find any Rockies fan who shares your opinion. As for using stats as the basis of your opinion, stats are the bastion of people who can't just a player based on his play. If you saw the two players throughought their careers, you would know that Lanny was a far better player than Wilf. This leads me to believe that you didn't watch these player play much during their careers. Wilf Paiement was a good NHL hockey player whereas Lanny McDonald was a great NHL hockey player.

Well i was around at the time when the scouts and rockies were still in the league and i still say that i am right about wilf paiement being the best player in the scouts-rockies franchise.the facts speak for themselves.again you have the right to your opinion like everyone else even if its the wrong opinion which yours is wrong.Nobody will ever change my opinion on this and i did follow the scouts and rockies back then.Wilf Paiement did lead the scouts-rockies to there only playoff appearance which Lanny McDonald could not do in his only full season(1) with the rockies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->