colorado eagles ahl

syracuse blazers

Jun 14, 2017
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/14/colorado-eagles-avalanche-ahl-affiliate/
The Denver post has reported the Colorado eagles are in discussions with
the ahl to become an AHL affiliate of the colorado avalanche.
By the way San Antonio is the last outpost.
The ahl lacks real commitment to this beautiful city. The riverwalk is very beautiful. I just feel it is only a matter of time before the ahl leaves this city. It is a shame
The ahl is a real soap opera even if you disagree , thank you for listening.!! Yes I grew up in the NAHL, the old ihl,the old ahl etc. Does any one remember john brophy and the long island cougars Maine Nordiques(old pro nahl) Utica comets and broome county dusters

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
The ahl lacks real commitment to this beautiful city. The riverwalk is very beautiful. I just feel it is only a matter of time before the ahl leaves this city. It is a shame
The ahl is a real soap opera even if you disagree , thank you for listening.!! Yes I grew up in the NAHL, the old ihl,the old ahl etc. Does any one remember john brophy and the long island cougars Maine Nordiques(old pro nahl) Utica comets and broome county dusters

Like it was yesterday..................

Back when men were men the girls were beautiful, cars were real cars not like today as now cars are laptops with wheels, and Hockey was real Hockey Not the watered down game they play today.........

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Visited Syracuse a couple of times when Adduano played for them (had a nice looking wife ;)) and the Ferguson Bros. Brophy used to come to town in the later part of his career as player coach with that white mane of his. Enjoyed a few brews with the boys at the Cooper Kettle after the game.:laugh:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

San Antonio likely isn't going anywhere, syracuse..... St. Louis likely lands there when the Eagles do move up, but it depends on the arena getting retrofitted up to AHL Standards, no different when the Central League collapsed and the Eagles shifted to the ECHL

Hurricane Ron

Jul 23, 2015
Tulsa
San Antonio likely isn't going anywhere, syracuse..... St. Louis likely lands there when the Eagles do move up, but it depends on the arena getting retrofitted up to AHL Standards, no different when the Central League collapsed and the Eagles shifted to the ECHL

The CHL didn't collapse. Eagles moved on their own at the start of the 2011/12 season to the ECHL. The CHL carried on through the 2013/14 season, before the 7 remaining league teams also joined the ECHL for the 2014/15 season.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

The Eagles didn't have to do anything to the arena to move from the CHL to ECHL. I think the arena size would be ok for thr AHL, but I know the locker rooms are not.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The Eagles didn't have to do anything to the arena to move from the CHL to ECHL. I think the arena size would be ok for thr AHL, but I know the locker rooms are not.

they will if it's the Sinbin version, Avs, not the Denver Post article..... THE SAME APPLICATION that was discussed when Vegas was searching for affiliates before landing with the Wolves..... it may not be 2018/19, THE Eagles might just stay in the ECHL while upgrading that portion before submitting that proposal to move up....

Depends on how fast the Avalanche want to do that, and isn't that up to the Eagles ownership if they are the owners, or is Colorado serious about owning the Eagles outright?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
they will if it's the Sinbin version, Avs, not the Denver Post article..... THE SAME APPLICATION that was discussed when Vegas was searching for affiliates before landing with the Wolves..... it may not be 2018/19, THE Eagles might just stay in the ECHL while upgrading that portion before submitting that proposal to move up....

Depends on how fast the Avalanche want to do that, and isn't that up to the Eagles ownership if they are the owners, or is Colorado serious about owning the Eagles outright?

Colorado will own the team not the current owners in Loveland and I love how you are now parroting what I have been saying since around the A.S. game and acting as if it's your own thoughts. Go back to the thread about the vegas affliate and read the parts where I have told people for months that vegas would be in chicago...st. louis would be in san antonio and colorado would buy the 31st franchise and put it where the eagles play...and all in the 18-19 season...then make sure to go back and read all the comments by yourself about chicago people etc and they know nothing and dont have a clue etc...and yet here you are in this thread parroting what ive been saying all along and passing it off as your own thoughts....shame shame shame

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO

I understand that. I was just pointing out that you were incorrect in your statement about the Eagles having to upgrade their arena when moving from CHL to ECHL. Upgrades would definitely be in order to move to the AHL.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
So here's what's gonna happen. I am going to win the lottery of like $400 mil. I will get like $250 mil after tax. I will then offer 5 mil a team for each team in the AHL. They will all sell. I will then fire Andrews and fold the league. :)

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
This should be the last set of team movements along with the anticipated Canucks move from Utica. Hopefully things will settle down for a few years...

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
So here's what's gonna happen. I am going to win the lottery of like $400 mil. I will get like $250 mil after tax. I will then offer 5 mil a team for each team in the AHL. They will all sell. I will then fire Andrews and fold the league. :)

The scary part is the most glaring hole in the plan is you can't own two AHL teams at once...so if you can find a work around for that I'd say you've got a great plan there.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Seems long overdue for them but isn't there a deadbeat franchise they could just take the spot of?

For that to happen, the league would have to seize a franchise in the way they did with the Iowa Stars. Hasn't happened in close to 10 years, and there's nothing to indicate it will anytime soon.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

$400m lottery win is about $275m lump sum. So, probably closer to $200m all said and done after taxes. :sarcasm:

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
The scary part is the most glaring hole in the plan is you can't own two AHL teams at once...so if you can find a work around for that I'd say you've got a great plan there.

Many LLCs :) with allies as owners. I know Axe would want one just so he could vote yea on firing Andrews. :)

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
For that to happen, the league would have to seize a franchise in the way they did with the Iowa Stars. Hasn't happened in close to 10 years, and there's nothing to indicate it will anytime soon.

Iowa CHOPS not the Stars

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Sure but the league needs weekend dates. Now every Friday and Saturday you will have one team not playing.

You realize all 30 teams playing on the same night was not that common of an occurrence the past couple seasons, right? It happened nine times last season, and only three times in 2015-16.

So an odd number of teams is not an issue at all in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->