Colorado Avalanche's success - will it last?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm not really sure what to expect. This season I was expecting missing the playoffs or just squeaking into the playoffs, comparable to Phoenix or Dallas type of seasons.

If we keep the team exactly as is? I think we're relying too much on our quick transition game and timely scoring to say anything more then a playoff bubble team. It's a great system at the moment, but we do need to transition into playing more of a puck possession game, which relies on upgrading our defense.

That being said, if we sign another top 4 defenseman and get another 3rd liner, I'd say we're a playoff team.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I truly doubt the Avs will be able to have as much success next season as they had this season. Managing to get 52 wins in an 82 game season is truly unreal : I still don't know how they managed to do it ... We were only 2 wins behind the Bruins (54 wins) and their team is just miles away from ours in terms of defensive skill and playing shutdown hockey.

I just watched the Bruins play against the Habs in Game 2 yesterday and they really are better than Colorado in all areas of the game : especially transitioning from defense to offense. They just don't turn pucks over whereas the Avs did all season long.

I think the Avs will finish lower in the standings next year but will make the playoffs and get past the first round. Having a better defense would help (adding at least one more good dman next year).

Anyway, excited for next year ! :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3