GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Saint Louis Blues Saturday 11/11/23 @7:00PM Mountain Time

Which is the better side dish?

• Total voters

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Year 1 of 8 for MacK.

This was CMac on the phone with MacK when negotiating the deal.

200w.gif

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Bednar post game presser. 5 painful tooth extraction w/o numbing mins. Most notable thing was what he didn't say. He went right up to and then stopped on... leadership. You know why, yes? He would have an even bigger MacK problem than he already does if he did.

Welp, the Krack will be an interesting reveal. My missus made the comment that during their cup run, didn't they suck before they didn't? Not 'zactly the right take but give her props for her perception. Maybe she sees into the future?

Beds did harp on quitting tho. To beat that horse, thank gawd have never understood... that.

To beat another other horse.. is there a goalie problem. Perceptive aye...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
WTF happened?

I missed the fights but caught up this morning. I was leaning Jiri as well but that didn’t go according to plan lol.

I did have Aspinall. He’s legit and just different for a HW. I would favour Jones over him but probably not anyone else.
Yah Aspinall looks legit. Thats the fight to make after JBJ runs through Stipe.

Reactions: Avs_19

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I'm not going to disagree I think all 3 of the big 3 have played like shit. They are absolutely a part of the problem. To many quiet nights.

However they do lead us by a large margin in every offensive category, so at least they are noticable. All 3 are over point per game.

Nuke can play better.

Everyone else pretty much is underperforming and it sucks. The depth is non existent.
It may be non existent, but who cares, if they don't fix 29, 8, the goaltender, etc.

There is a lot of high-end talent (and highly paid talent) that is playing some pretty rotten hockey right now. Wood and Manson are not the problem at hand.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Just finished watching Bednar's presser...whoa! I have never seen him that pissed and rightly so. I rarely stop watching an Avs' game but yesterday was one of those time. Once it got to 6-1 I had enough. They certainly quit. I am really concerned with leadership in that locker room. I never thought Mack was captain material and he is certainly proving it right now. Those interviews are just....depressing and not encouraging to say the least. Let's see how they respond to Bednar's post game presser. They should be extremely embarrassed.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs shot selection and shooting accuracy is just abysmal right now.

Story of the game was the PP in the second period where they were snapping the puck all around the zone. Then Nate, Mikko, and Cale all had absolutely glorious chances in a row, and all three shot the puck right into Binnington’s chest. Then the Blues go the other way shorthanded and redirect the puck top corner to make it 4-0.

I think we heard they hadn't practiced much earlier, which is odd to me considering all extra days off. They need to start practicing as much as possible. This team relies on their fundamentals, and these two days off aren’t going to last forever.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
IMO, Girard is playing closer to his salary than MacKinnon or Makar or Nichushkin are. That's a brutal statement, but I believe it's true, especially over the past 7 games.

Points are nice, but Makar is playing brutal defensive hockey. Looks like Paul Coffey some nights.

The Avs have a player on their roster who makes 8 million a year and has one 5 vs 5 pt all year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs shot selection and shooting accuracy is just abysmal right now.

Story of the game was the PP in the second period where they were snapping the puck all around the zone. Then Nate, Mikko, and Cale all had absolutely glorious chances in a row, and all three shot the puck right into Binnington’s chest. Then the Blues go the other way shorthanded and redirect the puck top corner to make it 4-0.

I think we heard they hadn't practiced much earlier, which is odd to me considering all extra days off. They need to start practicing as much as possible. This team relies on their fundamentals, and these two days off aren’t going to last forever.
This I think is a CBA thing. So many coaches complain about lack of legit practices these days. It's mostly training camp, then optional skates and off-days.

Reactions: Foppa2118

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This I think is a CBA thing. So many coaches complain about lack of legit practices these days. It's mostly training camp, then optional skates and off-days.

The CBA dictates 4 off days per month (and there has to be at least one every 7 days so math dictates some months will have 5) and gets into the nitty gritty on travel too. If you arrive after 2am local time, even if there is not practice, it is considered a working day. So take the Avs tonight, playing at 8pm MST where there game is likely to extend to 11pm MST. Figure 2 hours to do press, shower, pack up and take off (that's even tight)... then a 3 hour flight means, at best, they get back at 4am. That puts Tuesday as a working day, even if no practice. So they might as well stay the night and leave Tuesday morning.

So this week... Sunday was a practice day, today is a game day, Tuesday is travel, Wednesday is a game day, one of Thursday or Friday will be a day off and the other will be a practice day, then Saturday is a game day. Looking ahead another week, the 23rd is likely the off day with the 21st being the only practice day (19th will probably be travel, but might get a short practice in). We're looking at 3 real practices in 2 weeks, one of was optional... and this includes a week with only 3 games. When the NHL really gets into the meat of the schedule, you're really looking at one practice a week and many times players will be held out of them.

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
THank god i missed this shitshow...

I really thought gettin smoked 7-0 by Vegas was the low-point this season. Well, i was wrong...

Every single player should be ashamed of himself. Every f***ing one.
They should but it more seems like they could give a damn.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
With the constant blender-mixing of the lines, I'm surprised we don't get more too many men penalties than we do.

I think this is contributing to the shit show anyway.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm championing Drouin or Tartar by any means at this point though.

That was some hilarious shit seeing Drouin, Tartar, and Ryjo out together. Like that was a good idea lol.

The most consistent thing about this team has been it's inconsistency, and it's the coaches kitchen. So far he's serving soup sandwiches...

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just finished watching Bednar's presser...whoa! I have never seen him that pissed and rightly so. I rarely stop watching an Avs' game but yesterday was one of those time. Once it got to 6-1 I had enough. They certainly quit. I am really concerned with leadership in that locker room. I never thought Mack was captain material and he is certainly proving it right now. Those interviews are just....depressing and not encouraging to say the least. Let's see how they respond to Bednar's post game presser. They should be extremely embarrassed.

Me either, killing Aliens in Alien's Fire team was a lot more fun.

It's been a long time since I shut a game off like that.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad