GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Arizona Coyotes - Put Something on the Table - 1PM

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
You can't pick up the phone and call someone for a suspension when you are laughing your ass off.
How good is it mate - 68 games in, 13th overall in the NHL (and hopefully climbing). Everyone should be pumped. Hopefully EJ returns. That gets us there imo. Ans I'm sure people won't like me saying this, Barberio as well.

We are like a champion boxer this season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
How good is it mate - 68 games in, 13th overall in the NHL (and hopefully climbing). Everyone should be pumped. Hopefully EJ returns. That gets us there imo. Ans I'm sure people won't like me saying this, Barberio as well.

We are like a champion boxer this season.

If the choices are Barberio, Lindholm, Warsofsky, Siemens you have to go with Barberio. Hes frustrating as hell but hes the best option on that list sad to say. I would have Siemens in after that and then Lindholm and Warsofsky can go massage Mironov in Russia.

Reactions: klozge

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Speaking of our defense...why the hell did we claim Alt again if he's not getting in the lineup? He's had enough practices to step in but they call up Warsofsky instead. Guess Sakic needed an all time nacho eater?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Big Z doing Big Z things.

Last edited:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Keep in mind, this is Compher's second pro season, so he has had a full season already of a non-NCAA schedule. He may be an NHL rookie but he spent most of last year in the A. So I can see the argument for why Kerfoot ran out of gas, but that's not applicable to Compher.

That’s a fair point. In my opinion Compher’s “hitting the wall” is attributable to his being banged up. I don’t think he’s anywhere near 100%.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That’s a fair point. In my opinion Compher’s “hitting the wall” is attributable to his being banged up. I don’t think he’s anywhere near 100%.
I think so too. I think upper body, because his puck handling seems off to me. He can still motor but doesn't really have the hands right now to do much with it.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I think so too. I think upper body, because his puck handling seems off to me. He can still motor but doesn't really have the hands right now to do much with it.

He’s taken some notably punishing hits in the last month, which to his credit he just keeps trucking along, but something seems “off”.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Speaking of our defense...why the hell did we claim Alt again if he's not getting in the lineup? He's had enough practices to step in but they call up Warsofsky instead. Guess Sakic needed an all time nacho eater?

Maybe he's been bad at practice.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
If the choices are Barberio, Lindholm, Warsofsky, Siemens you have to go with Barberio. Hes frustrating as hell but hes the best option on that list sad to say. I would have Siemens in after that and then Lindholm and Warsofsky can go massage Mironov in Russia.

Tough one now. I'd probably go:

Zadorov - Johnson
Nemeth - Barrie
Barberio - Girard
(Siemens)

One thing I CAN say, is jeez, that's a WHOLE lot better than we've had in years.

Alt, Lindholm, Warsofsky, Meloche, Timmins, Schmaltz, Butler, Graves and Geertsen to all fight it out for the SAR starting 6

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol Zadorov with such swagger.

OEL is not a 2nd pairing defensemen. He's very clearly a 1st pairing guy. He's obviously not in the same tier as Karlsson/Doughty/Hedman/Subban but he's a very good defensemen. Losing can take a toll on a guy. He turns 27 this July and has played 16 total playoff games, all of them in 2012. Since that time the Coyotes have been one of the worst teams in hockey, if not the worst.

I believe it's gotten to a point with him where he just doesn't try as hard for the Coyotes because he knows how bad they are. Not a good attitude to have, but that's what losing does to a player year after year. It's not fun knowing that every single year your season is basically over by December at the latest.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Tough one now. I'd probably go:

Zadorov - Johnson
Nemeth - Barrie
Barberio - Girard
(Siemens)

One thing I CAN say, is jeez, that's a WHOLE lot better than we've had in years.

Alt, Lindholm, Warsofsky, Meloche, Timmins, Schmaltz, Butler, Graves and Geertsen to all fight it out for the SAR starting 6
Thing is Barberio can’t provide Barrie or Girard with the help Siemens can. So I’d keep Dunc out there. They both need a big body out there imo.

Reactions: arun

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Lol Zadorov with such swagger.

OEL is not a 2nd pairing defensemen. He's very clearly a 1st pairing guy. He's obviously not in the same tier as Karlsson/Doughty/Hedman/Subban but he's a very good defensemen. Losing can take a toll on a guy. He turns 27 this July and has played 16 total playoff games, all of them in 2012. Since that time the Coyotes have been one of the worst teams in hockey, if not the worst.

I believe it's gotten to a point with him where he just doesn't try as hard for the Coyotes because he knows how bad they are. Not a good attitude to have, but that's what losing does to a player year after year. It's not fun knowing that every single year your season is basically over by December at the latest.

Yeah. We Avs fans should know very well how losing makes players look. Just look at our last season. I'd love OEL - Johnson top pairing.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
OEL is one of the biggest fake tough guys in the league. Always running around hacking and whacking, pushing guys, and starting scrums, then hiding behind the refs. Pretending like he’s gonna do something with his 0 fights in 8 year career. Well, guess what? There’s no refs around to save you this time. So taste some leather and take a seat son.

Yes, I like OEL from an offensive point of view but he is soft for sure. Hammer should be able to teach him pure/tough/honest defensive hockey.

Last edited:

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Yeah but I don't see how that matters to the Aves.
1,000% relates to Avs. LOL. You being serious? Your saying the players our AHL prospects are playing with and developing with, and sharing the fortunes and disappointments with, have no affect on the development of players who MAY play in an Avs uniform?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad