bryce24

Mar 9, 2007
Sackville NB
Name: Bryce
Favoite Music Artist(s): Johnny Cash, Brad Paisley, Emerson Drive, Trace Adkins
Favorite TV show: South Park,Simpsons, Family Guy
Favorite Av:Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Alex Tanguay
Favorite non-Av: Any former Halifax Moosehead player or anybody from the Maritimes
Next or other favorite team: Halifax Mooseheads
Favorite Av moment: Staying up and watching Alex Tanguay score 2 goals in game 7 against NJ in the finals then seeing Bourque raise the Cup.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When I was 5(ish) I was a huge Patrick Roy/Habs fan and when he was traded I jumped ship on the Habs and became an Avs fan and haven't looked back.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
For some reason I never did this...ah...

Name: Doug
Favoite Music Artist(s): Most of them. Top five would be U2, Elvis Costello, Depeche Mode, INXS and OMD.
Favorite TV show: Newsradio, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, The Office.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Bill James, George Orwell, J.D. Salinger.
Favorite Av: Andrew Brunette.
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Patrick Marleau
Next or other favorite team: Canucks (don't kill me!)
How else is hockey in your life?: I run a Strat-o-Matic hockey league (http://www.geocities.com/nshlweb) and a website dedicated to hockey goaltending (http://hockeygoalies.org). I've played goal since 1995, played three seasons at CU-Boulder (and coached for six).
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Stanley Cup, without question. I cried. True story!
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I moved to Denver on the same day as the Avalanche, so I started rooting for them then, although the Canucks were my favourites as I went to undergraduate just across the border. They became my favourite team when the Canucks hired Mike Keenan and traded away Trevor Linden and Kirk McLean. They're still my favourite team.

Coloradofan3313

Feb 18, 2007
Ontario
Name: Blake
Favoite Music Artist(s): Any Punk-Rock, Rap
Favorite TV show: Sportscentre, Family Guy
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): DaVinci Code
Favorite Av: Joe Sakic, Hensick, and Stastny
Favorite Ex-Av: Drury, and Roy
Favorite non-Av: Ilya Kovalchuck, Patrice Bergeron, and Dany Heatley
Next or other favorite team: Probably The Thrashers or Sens
Favorite Av moment: 01 Cup, started liking the avs during that playoffs
How and when did you become an Av fan?: look up ;)

THECHAD

Mar 28, 2007
Name: Chad
Favorite Music Artist(s): country, Toby Kieth
Favorite TV show: South Park
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Dont read
Favorite Av: Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Adam Deadmarsh, Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Ryan Smyth
Next or other favorite team: I really only have one Fav. Team

How else is hockey in your life?:Friends play, and I would like to see my boys play someday.
Favorite Av moment: Game 7 SCF 2001
How and when did you become an Av fan? The first game I went to in 1996 Avs vs Oil
Favorite Non-Av Moment:The Wings losing any playoff series

RoyIsALegend*

Hey, I'm new here. Nice to meet you all. Let's try out some smilies. :rant::yo::naughty:

Blue Dragon

Jan 27, 2007
Ohio
I've never done this...lessee

Name: Nate
Favoite Music Artist(s): Pretty much everything except country and rap.
Favorite TV show: Still going? House and Last Comic Standing probably.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I read a lot of nonfiction. I just finished Michael Shermer's "Borderlands". I'm also a huge Carl Sagan fan.
Favorite Av: Sakic.
Favorite Ex-Av: Roy, Forsberg, Bourque and Drury
Favorite non-Av: Ovechkin, Neidermayer, Thornton
Next or other favorite team: I like the Preds.
How else is hockey in your life?: Not much, mostly video games. I never learned to skate considering I was born (and lived my first 24 years) in a country with very little ice.
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Cup, seeing Raymond lift it.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Well, I started out as a Nords fan, playing the game NHL94, because I liked their name. Then I found out the team moved to Denver and started cheering for the Avs.

HoustonHockeyNut

Jun 15, 2006
Houston, TX
Name: Will
Favoite Music Artist(s): Skillet
Favorite TV show: Heroes
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Bible; "That Hideous Strength" by Lewis, "Blood Feud" by Dater, "I, Robot" by Asimov, DC's "Crisis on Infinite Earths", "Hamlet" by Shakespeare
Favorite Av: Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Drury
Favorite non-Av: Crosby
Next or other favorite team: Lightning, Penguins
How else is hockey in your life?: Strat-O-Matic (I belong to 3 leagues and am Commish in 1); hopefully newborn son Robbie will take it up one day; saving up to learn to play in a geezer league for my mid-life crisis
Favorite Av moment: 2001 Cup, listening to the game on a fuzzy TV station while building the set for the musical South Pacific
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When the team moved to Colorado, my hometown in Kansas was picking up Fox Sports Rocky Mountain, so we got tons of Avs games. I got to watching the team, getting to know the players, and was simply hooked. Classy organization, and a great style of hockey

AvsFanInBuffalo

Feb 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Name: Brandon
Occupation: Full time student at Buffalo State College (Landscaping in the summers)
Favoite Music Artist(s): Tom Petty, Jay-Z, Kenny Chesney, as you can see anything really.
Favorite TV show: CSI Miami, Sportscenter, Fresh Prince, King of Queens, Seinfeld.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): None.
Favorite Av: Sakic of course, but now Wolski too.
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Guillaume Latendresse, Mike Grier, and Alexander Ovechkin.
Next or other favorite team: Buffalo and Montreal.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played my whole life, and some in college.
Favorite Av moment: 2001 season, by far.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I had grew up watching Sakic, and always followed him, and then Quebec/Colorado grew on me, always liking them behind the Sabres, then, before the lockout, I just started liking them more than the Sabres, and thats the ways its been since then, even when the Sabres were good the two years, it's been Avs first!
LEAST favorite Av moment: Any loss in Buffalo, and not making the playoffs this year. Although, I was proud of the effort of the team, just weird not having them in it.
Position: Center
Handedness: Left

Last edited:

avsfan4026

Sep 26, 2006
Name: Sarah
Favoite Music Artist(s): Off the top of my head - Radiohead, Ryan Adams, Matchbox 20, Audioslave, Staind, mostly alt rock
Favorite TV show: Sitcoms, Mythbusters, and the Discovery channel
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Um...
Favorite Av: Lappy, Scott Parker, Marek Svatos and Hannan
Favorite Ex-Av: Dan Hinote
Favorite non-Av: Jonathan Cheechoo
Next or other favorite team: Nashville and Dallas just because they're close to me
How else is hockey in your life?: Never played but I've been addicted since my first game
Favorite Av moment: Recently, I would say the Avs coming back and beating SJ in OT that kept us in the playoff hunt late last year
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Pretty random actually. I saw a minor league game for the first time and fell in love with the game and decided to watch the next one that came on tv and it happened to be the Avs vs. the Wings. And having been raised to hate anything from Detroit, I rooted for the Avs and have ever since

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Name: Dean Little
Favoite Music Artist(s): It varies, but i like Red jumpsuit apparatus, all-american rejects, 2pac etc.
Favorite TV show: Smallville, supernatural and during the summer I watch Big Brother.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I like sports related books, dater wings/avs book, mick foley's biographies.
Favorite Av: I like the duke and JML, stastny could be a fav in the coming future, never been a sakic fan, but have tons of respect for the guy and what he has been to Denver.
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy(the reason i became an avs fan), loved foppa and still hoping he returns, also big fans of the orginal avs like ozo, lemieux, ricci etc.
Favorite non-Av: Roberto Luongo and back in the day a huge Bure and Selanne fan(before his brutal year in Denver lol).
Next or other favorite team: Ottawa and really looking forward to seeing how the Penguins team takes off in the next few years.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played my whole life, and some in college.
Favorite Av moment: 2001 season, from start to finish, it was as perfect of a season as a fan will ever get!
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The second Roy was traded, I got myself an avs jersey ROY jersey, did some research on all the players on the avs roster and just fell in love with the team and all its players. I was a Habs fan when Roy was there but never a true hardcore fan of a team till the Avs, I always just cheered for the teams my fav players played on.
LEAST favorite Av moment: I never felt more sick, depressed and nervous watching a hockey game than game 7 2000 vs dallas, i remember shuting off my tv and trying to go to sleep after period 1, praying it was all a bad dream, than my mom woke me up when it was 3-1, than they made it 3-2 and my heart broke with the shot off the post inthe dying seconds, that was THE year the cup got away when it should've been ours :(
Position: Ive played every position besides goalie
Handedness: Left

Mathi86

Mar 1, 2007
Austria
www.myspace.com
Name: Mathias
Favoite Music Artist(s): Incubus, Rise Against, etc.
Favorite TV show: Dorfer's Donnerstalk (show from an austrian comedian), some sitcoms (Scrubs, etc.)
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): i don't have a favorite book or author; i just like to read a book, no matter what kind of....
Favorite Av: joe sakic, paul stastny, patrick roy
Favorite Ex-Av: chris drury
Favorite non-Av: rick nash, thomas vanek
Next or other favorite team: columbus blue jackets, buffalo sabres; in austria: vienna capitals
How else is hockey in your life?: i play icehockey and inlinehockey
Favorite Av moment: '01 stanley cup finals especially the moment bourque raised the cup
How and when did you become an Av fan?: playing ea's nhl 97...
Position: defense
Handedness: left

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Name: Kasper Hoffmann
Education: Social Scientist
Favorite TV show:Simpsons, Casper og Mandrilaftalen (surreal Danish comedy-show highly recommendable if you can find sub-titles), Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Too many to list. I make a living of reading books... But if I had to choose three it would be The Order of Things by Michel Foucault (French philosopher-dude), The Genealogy of Morals by Friedrich Nietzsche (You know the mad German philosopher who was so badly abused by the Nazi's ...I know it sounds pretentious, but it is nevertheless correct) and, finally, The Savage Mind by Claude-Lévi-Strauss (French anthropologist).
Favorite Av: Paul Statsny.
Favorite Ex-Av:Peter Forsberg, no competition.
Favorite non-Av:Alexander Ovechkin.
Next or other favorite team:In order of priority: Swedish National Team, Danish National Team (this might seem odd or unpatriotic since I am Danish, but we never used to play against each other and the Danish team was not interesting, however, when the Danish team suddenly became a regular in the A-group I found out that it was more important to me that Sweden won than Denmark staying in group A), MODO in SEL. None in the NHL.
How else is hockey in your life?:I follow the sport passionately, but mainly the Avs. In the period between 1997 and 1999, when I was in the beginning of my studies I would characterise myself, along with a couple of my friends as addicts of the EA sports hockey games. We played perhaps in the vicinity of 8 to 10 hours a day in certain periods... (I once had Patrick Roy on top of the assists column at the end of the season, I had developed a technique of scoring which started with the outlet pass of the goalie). The last 7-8 years I didn't play that much, though, and I dare not by a Playstation or a 360 as I am afraid it could seriously jeopardize my career (no joke). Other than that I play in ESPN's Fantasy Hockey leagues which I am quite successful at because I tend to work as methodically with gathering information about players as I do in my job...Kinda sad really, but it just gives me tremendous pleasure to play Fantasy Hockey - can help it, the drug thing you know:help:
Favorite Av moment:Peter Forsberg scoring on a break-away against the Read Wings in the 1999 Western Conference Semifinals with Igor Larionov draped on his back. So funny and awesome at the same time.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Really, my interest in the NHL started in 1996 when I bought the EA Sports NHL 97 with Vanbiesbrouck on the cover (at least in Europe). Once it was time for me to decide which team to choose I picked Colorado because Forsberg was on the team. I was tempted by picking Toronto because Sundin played there, but having seen Foppa score that unreal career-defining goal against Corey Cross and Canada in the Final in the Olympics in Lillehammer in 1994, I knew the Avs were my team. After this revelation that I shared with a small group of friends some of us decided to go out and get cable televiosn so that we could follow NHL on screen. It was another revelation, we liked it so much we would meet up at midnight and watch hockey i from midnight to early morning if the games would drag out (you know time difference); it was great! Growing up in Denmark in the 80s one is not spoiled with Hockey on TV. Except every year in May during the World Cup, where I could watch it on Swedish television. I did that and was absolutely fascinated by it, and since it was on Swedish television I quickly developed sympathy for the Swedish team and their style of play. I absolutely detested the Soviets (at the time they were still part of the magery of the enemy - children pick that up directly you know), but even more the Checkoslovakians because I thought that they were playing unfairly (or maybe I was told so by the Swedish commentators), and I will not even mention the Finns (They were the Dallars Stars of my child-hood:rant:). Perhaps it was because the Swedes would often battle the Checkoslovakians and the Finns for bronze and silver I developed this bias against their hockey-teams, the Soviets were just too damn good and in a league of their own. I think that hockey such as it was played by the Soviets in their glory days was poetry in motion. From the point of view aesthetics nothing comes even close...except, of course, Peter Forsberg, Alex Tanguay and Milan Hejduk on the same line...:handclap: So there you have it. By the way I carry no lingering feelings of antipathy for any of the just mentioned teams...except, of course, the Dallars Stars. Speaking of which...
LEAST favorite Av moment: The non-signing of Peter Forsberg :rant::cry::shakehead. I don't care what anybody says about him, that he is washed up, that he is injury-prone, that he is old, that the cap situation that followed in the wake of the new CBA forced management to not tender him a decent offer. You don't let a guy like that go. Period. And the addition of ten Pierre Turgeon's does not balance the loss of Forsberg:teach:, although I actually think the subtraction of ten Patrice Brisebois' might:help:. I have to list the ousting of the Avs at the hands of the Stars in 2000, at the same level. I will never forgive the stars for man-handling the Avs and the sport by killing everything that is great about hockey when they beat the Avs in 7 that year I still have physical and mental scars.
Position: I have never played hockey, but I have played floorball (center and defence) which is a sort of indoor hockey, but I am too busy these day to do anything serious about it.

Glad to join the forum.

Peace, Love and Hockey...

hockeyavs23

Dec 6, 2006
Maryland
Name: Nic
Favoite Music Artist(s): Too many
Favorite TV show: Family Guy
Favorite Av: Hejduk
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Alexander Ovechkin
Next or other favorite team: Caps, they are local.
How else is hockey in your life?: Played since I was 12, mostly just rec hockey. 1 year of travel in my junior year of high school. Now just play in the local adult leagues.
Favorite Av moment: The only time I have actually seen them win live. It was in Madison Square Garden in November of 03 I believe. The game went to OT and Alex Tanguay had the OT winner. The fact that it was an OT win and being in such a historical sports building made that my favorite Avs moment.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The year we won our first Cup. I was living in New Mexico and NM just started a new minor league team in the Western Professional Hockey League (now with the CHL) - the Scorpions. My mom got a job with them and I got to see all of the games. It was my first exposure to hockey. I then began watching more on TV and knew I had to pick a favorite team. Denver and Phoenix were the closest NHL cities but I loved the fact that the Avs were a new team just like I was a new fan of hockey so it just seemed fitting.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Name: Mattias
Favorite Music Artist(s): :dunno:
Favorite TV show: Right now, Dexter
Favorite Av: Svatos and Hlinka
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Lundqvist and Zetterberg
Next or other favorite team: Team Sweden :D
How else is hockey in your life?: Play pickup roller hockey every once in a while.
Favorite Av moment: Winning the 96 cup
How and when did you become an Av fan?: First game they played as the Avalanche.

MissouriAv

Feb 3, 2008
Name: Andrew
Favoite Music Artist(s): Dave Matthews, Ben Harper, Widespread Panic.
Favorite TV show: House
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Lord of the Rings
Favorite Av: Sakic sounds good, but I love Wolski.
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg enough said.
Favorite non-Av: Saku Koivu...honestly...the name...
Next or other favorite team: None.
How else is hockey in your life?: It used to be a huge thing in my life. I played roller hockey my entire life until I went to college.
Favorite Av moment: Honestly, Ray Bourque. The first one was so much fun, because of the trash talk in the Western Conference Finals, but I was in college for the second one and I had ingratiated a bunch of friends to the game, and we all watched it together. I actually teared up when Bourque hoisted the trophy.
The other was the first championship...I was at the Rockies game that night, and they kept updating the score. Well, on the drive home it was in overtime, and we had just reached Longmont (on our way to Loveland) and Krup scored the goal, and my dad and I started screaming, and we woke up my mom and my brother who were sleeping in the back of our van.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When they moved to Denver. My friends and I were already playing street hockey, so when they moved to town it was awesome!

lanche57

Feb 6, 2008
Surrey, BC
Name: Nick
Favorite Music Artist: Tool
Favorite TV show: CSI's
Favorite Book: Phil Esposito Book
Favorite Avs: Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Avs: Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg, Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Rob Blake
Next favorite team: NONE
Favorite Av moment: Game 6 NJ-Col Final 2001
How and when did you become an Avs fan: When Quebec got relocated
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Birth
Position: Goalie
Shoots: Left

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Name: Eugene
Favorite Music Artist: U2, Depeche Mode, Keane, etc
Favorite TV show: Law & Order
Favorite Avs: Peter Forsberg
Favorite Ex-Avs: Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Anze Kopitar
Next favorite team: NYR
Favorite Av moment: Forsberg's return for 2001-2002 playoffs
How and when did you become an Avs fan: first time I saw Forsberg play
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Birth
Position: Defense
Shoots: Right

vGod

Jul 2, 2008
Toronto
Name: Chris
Favoite Music Artist(s): Beastie Boys & Guns N' Roses
Favorite TV show: King Of Queens
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Next question...
Favorite Av: Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg & Blake
Favorite non-Av: Ovechkin
Next or other favorite team:Flyers
How else is hockey in your life?:I've been playing hockey since the age of 7 and of course, video games.
Favorite Av moment:2001 Stanley Cup & the signing of Ray Bourque
How and when did you become an Av fan?:Since I started following hockey, I have always like Patrick Roy...reason enough? I have a poster of him in room (non-homo)

Nords fan

Jun 30, 2007
Québec City, QC
Name: Alexandre
Favoite Music Artist(s): Guns N'Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Coldplay, Scorpions
Favorite TV show: Family Guy
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Alexander Radulov (ex-Remparts)
Favorite future-Av (added by me): Kelsey Tessier
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins and Nashville Predators (the Preds only because of Radulov)
Favorite Av moment:
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Hmmm... Well I was very young when the Nordiques moved, but I needed a favorite team when I was young and well since the Avs were one of the best teams and they played in Québec already well it became my favorite team. And it stayed my fav team and I'm proud of it.

Rzeznik

Apr 6, 2008
Nova Scotia
Name: Kody
Favoite Music Artist(s): Goo Goo Dolls, Eminem, Matchbox 20, Maroon 5
Favorite TV show(s): South Park, The OC, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Fresh Prince
Favorite Book(s): I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Tucker Max
Other Favorite Team: Halifax Mooseheads
Favorite Ex-Av: Alex Tanguay
Favorite non-Av: Doug Gilmour
Favorite Avs Moment: Game 7 of the 2001 finals. Alex Tanguay had 2 goals, including the winner, and an assist to help the Avs take a 3-1 decision over the Devils. Tanger's been my favorite player since he played here in Halifax with the Mooseheads, so this was an unbelievable game to watch for me.
How and when did you become an Avs fan?: Alex Tanguay, 12th overall, 1998 entry draft. I had never, in my entire 5 years on the planet, been that excited. To see my favorite hockey player get drafted, even though I had no idea what that meant, had me ecstatic.
How else is hockey in your life?: I come from a hockey family. Started skating when I was two, doing development hockey when I was four. I now play Major Midget for a team outside of my hometown and hope, one day, to play professionally. Yes, the dream is still alive.
Been at HF since: Started viewing in early 2006, opened a different account late in the same year, and after a year with that account, decided it was time to take a break from the site. Came back and lurked once again, until I opened this account.

LK

Oct 2, 2008
Brasil
icencoffee.blogspot.com
Name: Lucas
Favorite TV show: Heroes, Lost, Arrested Development
Favorite Avs: Sakic
Favorite Ex-Avs: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Ovechkin
Next favorite team: Capitals
Favorite Av moment: Avalanche Stanley Cup win in 2001
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Playing my first NHL full game. The team seemed cool and i realy liked Forsberg and Roy.
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Playing NHL 99 demo:laugh:

BK Avs

Nov 29, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Name: Mike
Favoite Music Artist(s): The Living End
Favorite TV show: The West Wing
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): 1984
Favorite Av: Stastny
Favorite Ex-Av: Foppa
Favorite non-Av: Oi, I dunno....
Next or other favorite team:Bruins
How else is hockey in your life?:Cyberpuck.com! (if you join, McT21 referred you...)
Favorite Av moment:Ray Borque lifting the Cup
How and when did you become an Av fan?:As soon as I heard there was an NHL team moving to Denver, I was sold.

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
Name: Bill
Fav. TV show/s: hockey haha
Fav. Avs Player: At the moment its Wolski
Fav Ex-Av: Roy, Ozolinsh
Fav non-Av: New:the Staals, all time: i love Tkachuk and Owen Nolan(sometimes)
Fav. Avs Moment: 2001 Stanley Cup, watched it alone when i was 11 and screamed when they won :handclap:
How & when did you become an hockey fan?: Played hockey in 4th grade PE and my friend told me about the Avs.
How & when did you become an Avs fan? ^^
How else is hockey in your life?:Id love to try and play goalie, ive always played winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad