Favoite Music Artist(s): So many don't even know where to begin
Favorite TV show: 24, Simpsons, Conan O'Brien, Dave Chappelle Show
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Anything by Vonnegut, Michener or James Clavelle
Favorite Av: Foppa
Favorite ex-Av: tie between Chris Drury and Mike Ricci
Favorite non-Av: Jagr
Next or other favorite team: Toronto, because they play hard and hit
How else is hockey in your life?: Whenver I can get on the ice I am there
Favorite Av moment: First Stanley Cup when Krupp hit that shot from the point, what a great beginning.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Since they traded for Forsberg

chiavsfan

Name: Tim
Favoite Music Artist(s): Well, they are considered a "One Hit Wonder" but Faith No More is my favorite ever
Favorite TV show: Simpsons, South Park, Old Batman (Adam West)
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Michael Crichton, and Tolkein
Favorite Av: Mr. Hejduk
Favorite ex-Av: Deadmarsh (what a crap deal he got on his health huh?)
Favorite non-Av: Stevie Y (Gotta respect this man)
Next or other favorite team: Chicago...hey, they suck, and they have a crappy owner, but hometown loyalty wins out
How else is hockey in your life?: Play indoor and outdoor roller hockey on a young adult league (Goalie or Defense) Played HS hockey (Goalie)
Favorite Av moment: Getting to go to the Pepsi Center and see two games this year (they won them both)
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Love the Nords too...ugly jerseys always win my affection (Old Patriots jerseys worked for me in the NFL)

Forsbergtastic

Mar 17, 2004
Name: Meghan
Favoite Music Artist(s): Hard to say, but I love the classics like the Beatles and Stones.
Favorite TV show: Friends, Simpsons, Center Ice (all of it, a bad hockey game is better than no hockey game)
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Ken Dryden's "The Game", Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby," George Plimpton's "Open Net," Harry Potter
Favorite Av: It changes daily, but right now it's Liles. Yesterday it was Blake. Last week it was Foote and last month it was Forsberg.
Favorite ex-Av: Eric Messier. I don't know why, I just always liked that guy.
Favorite non-Av: Jeremy Roenick and Brett Hull. I like the mouthy ones. :)
Next or other favorite team: Hurricanes (I grew up in NC)
How else is hockey in your life?: I play in two roller hockey leagues and I have played ice in the past.
Position: Defense
Favorite Av moment: Sitting in a bar in New York watching the Avs beat the Devils for the Cup in '01.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When they won the Cup in '96. I was still living in NC, but I was blown away by this team.

MrCharlie

Mar 11, 2004
Name: AC
Favoite Music Artist(s): Grateful Dead, Widespread Panic, The Who, Any Blues - Jazz - Funk etc etc etc
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Grisham
Favorite Av: Peter the Great
Favorite ex-Av: Drury
Favorite non-Av: Stevie Y.
Next or other favorite team: NONE
How else is hockey in your life?: EA Sports - sadly that's it
Favorite Av moment: being in ol' McNichols when Sakic buried the biscuit, then turned and beat the **** of l'il Dougie Gilmore against the boards.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Was living in Texas in '96, on the eve of moving back home (CO) and I saw the press conference with Roy talking about his ears being plugged with rings, so he didn't hear what Roenick said - classic!!!

Sakic19

Oct 9, 2002
Left Wing
Visit site
Ensane said:
I consider "Mid-Life Crisis" a hit as well. ;)

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but FNM was never meant to be a huge commercial success. One hit maybe, but there's more to life I guess when you can make great albums.

dempsey_k*

Name: Kenny
Occupation: Soon full time student, writer, prospective filmmaker
Favoite Music Artist(s): Tool, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, the Offspring ; Mozart, Rachmaninov, Chopin
Favorite TV show: Family Guy, Conan O'Brien, Daily Show
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Dostoyevsky, Milton, Nabokov, Pushkin, Dante.
Favorite Av: Forsberg, Foote
Favorite Ex-Av: Deadmarsh
Favorite non-Av: Alex Mogilny
Next or other favorite team: Toronto Maple Leafs
How else is hockey in your life?: Played for 10 years.
Favorite Av moment: Bourque winning the cup.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Was a Nords fan after seeing them play, been to Colorado in Feb. 96 to see them after they got Roy but before they got the cup and have been a fan ever since.

top_gun36

Hometown hero
Apr 5, 2004
Vancouver BC
Name: Mike
Favoite Music Artist(s): Too many to List
Favorite TV show: The Simpsons, the 70s show...
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Anything by JRR Tolkien or Tom Clancy
Favorite Av: Joe Sakie
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy (does retirement count :P)
Favorite non-Av: Markus Naslund and Sheldon Souray
Next or other favorite team: some Sens and Nuck games
How else is hockey in your life?: Nhl 2004 PS2 and attending Rockets game (Memorial Cup baby)
Favorite Av moment: Seeing Sakic hand over the Cup to Bourque in 01
How and when did you become an Av fan?: For Nagano Olympics, had to do report on a Canadian Olympician...did Sakic

superjoenumerouno

May 24, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Name: Thomas
Favorite Music Artist: Metallica, Godsmack... plus many others
Favorite TV show: South Park, The Simpsons
Favorite Av: Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Roberto Luongo
Next favorite team: Atlanta Thrashers
Favorite Av moment: Avs Cups in 95/01
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Avs/Quebec have always been a team that i liked, but wasnt top on my list til a few years back
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: hmm.. that was back when i was a kid.. maybe 5 or 6.. started watching hockey... and ya.. got addicted and became a fan =)

Last edited:

Brazilian Avs Fan

Nice thread

Name: Vitor
Favoite Music Artist(s): Punk rock.. especially Blink 182, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte and Bowling for Soup.
Favorite TV show: When ESPN will think about Latin America? We need NHL Center Ice here hello... I need it!!!
Favorite Av: It's so hard to say... I'd say Aebischer
Favorite ex-Av: Roy!! And I miss Derek Morris
Favorite non-Av: Bullin Wall
Next or other favorite team: I like the Penguins... easy to beat.
How else is hockey in your life?: I play street hockey with my friends.
Position: Left Wing
Favorite Av moment: Hell yeah... Avs beating the Devils... any time.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: In 2000... during the regular season... the very first game I saw was a battle between the Devils and the Leafs.. the Devils rocked the poor Leafs so hard that I thought... the first team to beat these @ss#$ will take my soul. Guess what... I felt in love with the Avs! But in 2002 I oficially felt in love, that was my first entire season and I can't miss a game since then. Wow that's it! :handclap:

Last edited:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Name: Alessandro
Favoite Music Artist(s): :bow: OutKast :bow:
Favorite TV show: Hockey
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Lord Of The Rings
Favorite Av: Kariya
Favorite ex-Av: Chris Drury and Vrbata.
Favorite non-Av: Kovalchuk and Heatley
Next or other favorite team: Atlanta
How else is hockey in your life?: I cant play hockey
Position:
Favorite Av moment: NHL Radio
How and when did you become an Av fan?: With the signing of Paul Kariya...and after that i discovered that Avs are a hockey philosophy...so go avs!

krinkle442

Jun 8, 2004
Pepsi Center
Name: "A.J."
Favorite Music: TooL, A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, the Who/Townshend, King Crimson, Mr. Bungle/FNM/anything with Patton, Todd Rundgren... well, this list could pheasably go on forever...
LEAST Favorite Music: Anything that resembles anything that has to do with "emo." :p:
Favorite TV: Simpsons, Seinfeld, South Park, Family Guy, Home Movies, ATHF, Sealab 2021... Okay, so I'm old and I like a lot of cartoons... sue me.
Favorite Authors: Clive Barker, by far... Hunter Thompson, John Updike.
Favorite Av: Unfair question. "No soup for you! Next!" (Well, okay... Tetsuhiko is muh boy... but that goes no farther than this board, y'hear?!?!)
Favorite FORMER Av: Pati R. & Jari K. - Soon to add Petey F. :shakehead
LEAST Favorite FORMER Av: that's easy... Friggin' Mike Ricci (how the heck he EVER got named one of "Denver's sexiest atheletes," I'll never understand)
Favorite Non-Avs: Jarome Iginla is a heck of a guy... good player, too. Throw in Rick Nash, as well... except when he plays the Avs.
How Did You Become an Avs Fan? Hmmm... "Fan?" My relationship is a little different than that. :innocent:
Position: Sometimes, hunched over on the floor in front of the TV with Fritos and a bowl of cheese.
Shoots: Charter Arms 9mm at targets made of cheese.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Haven't been posting as much here yet (mostly on the official Avs forum using the same nick), but here goes anyway:

Name: Mik
Occupation: Free agent at the moment :lol , just finished studies
Favoite Music Artist(s): Many various bands, too many to mention here
Favorite TV show: Home Improvement
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Not much of a reader but I like the books by Jules Verne
Favorite Av: Foppa
Favorite ex-Av: Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Markus Naslund
Next or other favorite team: Vancouver actually (since they have Naslund and the Sedin twins, all are from my hometown just like Foppa)
How else is hockey in your life?: Season ticket holder for MoDo Hockey
Favorite Av moment: Both Stanley Cups
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Since Foppa joined the Nordiques

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Name: Robert
Occupation: 2nd time student at CU Boulder. Already have a history degree.
Favoite Music Artist(s): Radiohead, Garbage, Pixies, Beta Band, tons of indie rock and anything obscure.
Favorite TV show: Simpsons, The Daily Show, Adult Swim, Countdown
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s):James Elroy, Barb Tuchman, Elmore Leonard, P.J O’Rourke
Favorite Av: Forsberg
Favorite Ex-Avs Retired: Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Adam Deadmarsh
Favorite Ex-Av: Drury
Favorite non-Av: Kevin Dineen
Least Favorite non-Avs: Darren McCarty, Todd Bertuzzi, Donald Brashear. Pretty much any Wing or Nuck.
Next or other favorite team: University of Denver Pioneers
Favorite Av moment: So many. For game for of the 1996 Cup Finals me and some friends went to McNichols to watch the game on the big screen (such as it was in that dump.) Famous last words “we’ll eat after the game.†Food sale got cut off in the third period and the game went into OT. It became a quest, I just remember being so hungry and so amped from the overtime my hands were shaking. Krupp scored in the 3rd OT and there was a pause while everyone tried to figure out what happened and then bedlam. After we were walking out of the arena under the viaduct to Metro my best friend kept repeating “I never thought there ever would be a championship in my lifetime.†and a row of cars passed by honking and then a guy on a bike was on the tail end yelling.
Least Favorite Avs Moment:March 29, 1997. The Bertuzzi incedent. Gutless homers.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I grew up a (Hockey) Rockies fan mainly because the demand for the season tickets at my dad’s office was REALLY light. In a desire to see quality hockey we branched out to DU hockey. When the Rockies left I eventualy became a Whalers’ fan mainly because Pio Kevin Dineen ended up there. When it was obvious the Whale was going to move it was just a matter of time before Denver got another team, so I moved onto the Avs.

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
Name: Matteo
Favorite Music: NIN, Metallica, Offspring.... pretty much rock in general
LEAST Favorite Music: country....blah
Favorite TV: ALIAS!!!!
Favorite FORMER Av: Roy, Bourque, Drury, Lemeiux, & Kamensky
LEAST Favorite FORMER Av: Shantz
Favorite Non-Avs: Lecavalier, Broduer, Hossa
How Did You Become an Avs Fan? 1996 season.
Position: Umm... not really an appropriate question for the board me thinks!
Shoots: Look at above :-p

LetsGoMooseheads

Ok so I haven't posted on this board in months. I still try to get on a few times a week but I've been busy lately. I thought a good way of getting back into the swing of things would be to add yet another profile to here.

Name: Amanda
Occupation: Doing the fast food thing for now...hey it pays the bils.
Favorite Music Artist: not sure i have a favorite...anything with a good beat
Favorite TV show: CSI, Law&Order
Favorite Book: does the THN count?
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Jason Spezza
Next favorite NHL team: Ottawa Senators
Other Favorite team: Well my nick name says it all. I'm a Halfax Mooseheads fan through and through. I've been a season ticket holder for 4 years and I've loved every moment of it.

Favorite Av moment: I've got a ton but if i had to pick one moment it'd be watching Ray Bourque raising hockeys Holy Grail over his head. I was in the hospital for that playoff run. I was a regular there when i was younger and the whole floor went all out for me that night. We had a little playoff party right there in my hospital room. I had my friends and all the dads from that floor in my room sharing the moment with me. Nurses had to check my blood presuure every 30 min lol...I was a little stressed watching the game.

How and when did you become an Avs fan: Both my parents are from Montreal... both are HUGE Habs fans. I grew up with nothing but hockey surounding me. At some point (my parents tell me around the age of 5) I turned on them and started routing for Quebec and stuck with 'em. My poor dad is still recovering from it. lol

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
LetsGoMooseheads said:
I was a regular there when i was younger and the whole floor went all out for me that night. We had a little playoff party right there in my hospital room. I had my friends and all the dads from that floor in my room sharing the moment with me. Nurses had to check my blood presuure every 30 min lol...I was a little stressed watching the game.
Geezy, that's a freaking crazy story!

LetsGoMooseheads

Ensane said:
Geezy, that's a freaking crazy story!

you think that's crazy...one of my favorite nurses was a HUGE Devils fan...I'd wake up in the morning everyday of that series with a NJ Devils picture on my door. I tore up at least one a day. We had a good time with it though.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Name: Shawn
Favorite Music Artist: No Idea, i guess the old 80s rock bands
Favorite TV show: The Simpsons
Favorite Book: The Great Expectation/ The Odyssee
Favorite Av: Joe Sakic (Duh!)
Favorite Ex-Av: Does Ray count? If not, then probably Skoula
Favorite non-Av: Steven Yzerman
Next favorite NHL team: Tampy Bay and Sharks
Other Favorite team: NBA: Houston Rockets MLB: Don't Care but the Expos ( :D )
NFL: Sea Hawks FiFa: Real Madrid

Favorite Av moment: Joe Sakic handing the Cup over to Ray Bourque. and letting Ray to raise the Cup first.

How and when did you become an Avs fan: I watched their first game in China and stuck with them ever since.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Name: Adam Greuel
Favoite Music Artist(s): I have alot of favs
Favorite TV show: The Simpsons
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Harry Potter and Hockey Towns
Favorite Ex-Av: Scott Young
Least Favorite Av: Peter Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Steve Yzerman, Jose Theodore, Saku Koivu, Manny Legace, Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk
Favorite team: Detroit Red Wings
How else is hockey in your life?: I have LOTS of books on the history of the NHL and I play hockey.
Favorite Av moment: When they signed Tyler Weiman this summer! (he is my second cousn so you can see why.
LEAST favorite Av moment: When they won the cup in 2001.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When they signed my second cousin Tyle Weiman (this summer)

Shoots: right
Position: Rover. Last year in peewee i played Goalie, Center, Left Wing, Left Defence, and Right Defence. The only position I didnt play was Right Wings :lol:

Jori

Name: Angélique
Occupation: Student (finishing up my accounting degree, planning on taking the CPA exam). I'm also a customer service representative for Convergys; their Denver facility has a contract with the US Postal Service.
Favoite Music Artist(s): Brian McKnight, Alicia Keys, ColdPlay, The Killers
Favorite TV show: Veronica Mars, 24, Battlestar Gallactica, The 4400, Rescue Me, and many fine programs on the History Channel.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I'm more of a magazine reader. I would say Homer's "The Iliad," and "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings," by Maya Angelou.
Favorite Av: Milan Hejduk
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Any DU Pioneer who has been in the NHL.
Next or other favorite team: Montreal Canadiens and DU Pioneers
How else is hockey in your life?: I don't play the game nor do I play video game versions of hockey. Hockey has always had importance in my life due to the Canadian side of my family. I started to follow the game seriously when I became a teenager. I have a modest hockey card collection. I also have about a dozen jerseys (sweaters). I attend about four or five Avs games a year and around six to eight DU Pioneers games a season. I'd like to catch a Colorado Eagles game this year. I watch alot of hockey on TV. In fact I have a Canadian satellite system in addition to my Dish Network system, just so I can keep up with my hockey addiction (the first step is admitting it).
Favorite Av moment: I'll say the first Avs game in Denver, the 3-2 win over the Red Wings. Just having NHL hockey back in Colorado, what a thrill!!!
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Started following the NHL in the early 90s. I became a huge fan of college hockey when I moved back to Colorado in 1993. The only NHL hockey I really watched before the Avs came to Colorado was on my c-band satellite dish. Up until about three years ago, I was able to get CBC (now I have it through my Bell ExpressVu setup). Fell in love with the Avs instantly once they came to Colorado. I hated that the team left Quebec. I would have been just as thrilled if the Avs would have been an expansion team. I was just so happy to have NHL hockey in Denver, CO.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad