Colorado Avalanche Board Fan Biographies

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Ok, just like the A&E channel--lets hear about you! I'll lead, feel free to add or ommit any other categories as you feel necessary.

Name: Andy
Occupation: California State retiree, now overpaid consultant in Denver.
Favoite Music Artist(s): 311, Sevendust, Van Halen, Billy Talent.
Favorite TV show: the Wire
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Stephen King, Joseph Ellis, Hunter S. Thompson, Stephen Brunt.
Favorite Av: Foote...Stastny is getting there.
Favorite Ex-Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Marian Hossa
Next or other favorite team: I enjoy watching about 4-5 other teams, but none enough to favor them over the other few.
How else is hockey in your life?: Recurring injuries to both knees and the dissipation of all local leagues have forced me to abandon playing. Prior to 2004 I had played roller hockey for about 6 years.
Favorite Av moment: I'd like to say either of the two Cup hoists, but for me it's gotta be the moment Blake got traded to the Avs. With Blake and Bourque dropped into an already great lineup, I knew we were in store for some great hockey, and had a distinct feeling that the cup was in the near future. I even told one of my friends at school at the time that they should just end the season right now so the playoffs could finally start.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The Avs/Wings rivalry when I was in high school brought me into the fold.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Yayo

Name: Tim
Favorite Music Artist: 50 Cent, Mike Jones
Favorite TV show: 24, Chappelle's Show, Family Guy, The Simpsons
Favorite Book: The Hockey News
Favorite Avs: Milan Hejduk, Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Avs: Chris Drury, Peter Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Sidney Crosby
Next favorite team: Pittsburgh Penguins
Favorite Av moment: Avalanche Stanley Cup win in 2001
How and when did you become an Avs fan: Started in summer of 2000
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Got addicted to NHL 99
Position: Defense
Shoots: Right

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I added a few... :)

Name:Tom
Favoite Music Artist(s): Peter Gabriel, Stone Temple Pilots, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Jellyfish, Metallica
Favorite TV show: Six Feet Under
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Rudyard Kipling and "The Jungle Book" will always hold a special place in my heart. Also enjoy Edgar Rice Burroughs, both his Martian adventures and the Tarzan books.
Favorite Av: Karlis Skrastins, Paul Kariya
Favorite Ex-Av: Ray Bourque
Favorite non-Av: Jaroslav Spacek
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins, Atlanta Thrashers, Columbus Blue Jackets, New York Rangers. In that order.
How else is hockey in your life?: I grew up playing it, from the time I was 5 until I was 16. Had to give it up after undergoing major back surgery. Coached for a couple years afterward but I just can't stand hockey parents. Someday I'll take to the ice again in some capacity.
Favorite Av moment: There was no more shocking moment to me than when my favorite all-time player, Raymond Jean Bourque, was traded here. My father and all my friends knew how stunned and delighted I'd be and called me up to make sure I knew the news. During the whole trade talk fiasco I was convinced he'd be traded to the dreaded Flyers. Ray actually winning the Cup is a very, very close second...
LEAST favorite Av moment: The firing of Bob Hartley. Though I still feel it was a move Lacroix had to make, and made a great situation for Atlanta, Hartley was a great personality here in the Denver Metro Area, a great coach and a great guy. He deserved better, FAR better than this. I still miss his witty banter on the weekly coach's show on AM950 The Fan.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Grew up a Bruins fan, mainly b/c of Ray, but when the Avs came here, I of course rooted for them!

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Name: Brandon
Favorite Music: The Beatles, The Killers, The Fratellis, Metallica, The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Favorite TV Show: Friends, The Office Dexter, Parks & Rec, The Office, Arrested Development, Brooklyn 99, Parenthood
Favorite Book: "Have a Nice Day" and "Tietam Brown" both by Mick Foley
Favorite Av: Gabe Landeskog, Cale Makar
Favorite Ex-Av: Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Peter Forsberg, Ryan O'Reilly, Erik Johnson
Favorite Non-Av: FOH
Next Favorite Team: Winnipeg Jets
Favorite Av Moment: Classic Avs/Red Wings Rivalry...that and 01 Stanley Cup, 2022 Stanley Cup Run
How and When Did You Become an Avs Fan: Disney hooked me as a kid w/ the Might Ducks movies, that's ho I got into Hockey. After opening a pack of trading cards I got a "Joe Sakic" Nordiques card, liked the whole look of their kit. Then when the Avalanche moved to Denver I got more into it, fell in love w/ the team.

Last edited:

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Name: Filip
Location: Bornem (near Antwerp and Brussels), Belgium (near France ;))
Occupation: Studen at the university of Antwerp, I'm in my fourth year (out of 5) of Law school
Favoite Music Artist(s): I'm a Huge Bob Dylan fan. But I also like a ton of other music, ranging from Neil Young to Godspeed you! Black Emperor and many, many more. (I'll just add Belgian band dEUS for good measure)
Favorite TV show: Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, the Simpsons
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I really like Kafka. But I've also enjoyed tons of other great books... I kind of lost my appetite for literature though lately, I haven't read a book in half a year...
Favorite Av: Foote :yo: (honourable mention to Forsberg, Sakic)
Favorite Ex-Av: Drury
Favorite non-Av: Ilya Kovalchuk
Next or other favorite team: I like many teams, I prefer offensive minded teams, so I also like the 'Nucks a lot (keep that quiet please will you;))
How else is hockey in your life?: Well, I try to follow it as much as I can from this hockey hotbed. Meaning I follow it as much as the internet allows me :(.
Favorite Av moment: Probably Bourque with the Cup, even though I wasn't following it as closely as now back than...
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I have no idea actually, it just gradually happened for me.

I always loved hockey but it was never on much here on the telly. So I started following it over the net some years ago, and I started favouring the Avs... Probably some dark force drew me to the Avs ..

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
Name: John
Favoite Music Artist(s): Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hoobastank
Favorite TV show: Family Guy
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Any book written by Dale Brown or Michael Crichton
Favorite Av: Adam Foote
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Ilya Kovalchuk
Next or other favorite team: Pittsburgh Penguins, Atlanta Thrashers
How else is hockey in your life?: Men's league ice and roller.
Favorite Av moment: 1996 Stanley Cup
LEAST favorite Av moment: Gotta go with the Statue of Liberty too
How and when did you become an Av fan?: "When Patrick Roy was traded, so was I." Gotta go with the same as Renegade too, lol.

Sakic19

Oct 9, 2002
Left Wing
Visit site
Name: Chad
Status: Married with dogs (Bourque and Blake...My wife's obsessed)
Favoite Music Artist(s): Ben Folds, AIC, Helmet, Living Colour
Favorite TV show: Sopranos
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I read so much at work, I generally don't do it much at home.
Favorite Av: Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Radim Vrbata
Favorite non-Av: Dany Heatley
Next or other favorite team: Probably Atlanta with the Boob Hartley connection

Favorite Av moment: Bourque finally hoisting the cup in an Avs jersey.

How and when did you become an Av fan?: Was living and working in Vail, and latched onto them after being a distraught North Stars fan after the move to Texas.

Stastny

Mar 22, 2003
almost not locked ou
Visit site
Name: Matt
Favorite Music Artist: Ima Robot, Mr. Lif, The Eels
Favorite TV show: Family Guy, FNC, The Food Network
Currently Reading: Al Franken's Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them.
Favorite Av: D-Mo and new Favorite Kono.
Favorite Ex-Av: The man on my Jersey, Greg De Vries
Favorite non-Av: Marian Hossa
Next favorite team: The Caps (Originally from DC)
Favorite Av moment: Watching Borque Kiss the cup
How and when did you become an Avs fan: A few years back I was bored and watching TV and an Avs game was on. 2-2 tie with Anahiem, and from then on, I was hooked.
How and When Did You Become a hockey fan: Same time I became an Avs fan

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
Name: Robert
Favoite Music Artist(s): Pink Floyd, Metallica, Ozzy, Yes, and more
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld, Cheers, Threes Company
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Stephen King
Favorite Av: Forsberg
Favorite non-Av: Owen Nolan
Next or other favorite team: Toronto Maple Leafs
How else is hockey in your life?: It's not at this time.
Favorite Av moment: Bourque raising the Cup.
LEAST favorite Av moment: The game 7 ass kicking from Detroit
How and when did you become an Av fan?: "When Patrick Roy was traded, so was I." "Gotta go with the same as Renegade too, lol."

Patrick was my favorite player since I was around 13 years old ...so I HAD to follow him.
Position: Hmm ...whatever pleases her the most.
:)

"Age: 30...my god I hope I'm not the oldest"

Hey Sakic19 ...I got ya beat so don't feel lonely. :p

Last edited:

Breck Av

Jan 11, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Name: Thomas
Location: Miami, Florida. Lived in Breckenridge or Denver for 24 of my 25 years on this earth.
Occupation: Real Estate. I buy homes, fix them up, and sell them
Favoite Music Artist(s): Dave Mathews Band, 311, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Rolling Stones
Favorite TV show: The Sopranos, Pardon the Interruption, Howard Stern E! show, HNIC
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Too many to list, I collect baseball books, probably Ball Four by Jim Bouton
Favorite Av: Peter Forsberg has always been my favorite, but Sakic, Foote and Hejduk would all be 1b. This franchise has had so many great players to root for over the past 9 years.
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury, Patrick Roy, Marc Denis
Favorite non-Av: Roberto Luongo, Jay Bouwmeester, Ilya Kovalchuk, Mark Messier
Next or other favorite team: I go to about 30 Florida Panther games a year now, I want to see them make the playoffs but it just isn't the same as rooting for the Avs.
How else is hockey in your life?: Spend countless hours watching it in person, on NHL Center Ice, reading about it, playing it.
Favorite Av moment: Nothing will ever top being 8 rows away from Sakic passing the Cup for Bourque to raise, but I'll never forget a December 1996 game against the Red Wings at the old McNichols Arena. The Wings couldn't get revenge on Lemieux since he was out with an injury, but they still sent Rene Corbet and Alexi Gusarov out of the game on stretchers with questionable hits. Gusarov even swallowed his toungue, that was a scary thing to see after coming home and watching the tape. Anyway, it was a very emotional game and Eric Lacroix scored the winning goal late in the third period to give the Avs a great 4-3 victory.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: My Dad has always been a big hockey fan and took me to a lot of Colorado Rockies/Flames/Rangers/Grizzlies games when I was a kid. He bought season tickets as soon as the move from Quebec was announced (we knew how good they were and how much young talent they had. Sakic, Forsberg, Thibault, Ricci, Deadmarsh, Foote, Krupp, Kamensky, Nolan, Rucinsky, Young. It was like hitting the hockey lottery.) So I guess I've been an Avs fan since day 1. (And no, I don't feel one ounce of guilt that we "stole" the franchise from Quebec.) I still can't believe that I've been able to see Roy, Bourque, Kariya, Selanne, Blake, Fleury and all the rest play in Colorado. We couldn't even watch the NHL on cable TV in Colorado until 1992 when ESPN started carrying it again. 10 years later and Colorado has two Stanley Cups. Incredible.

Deader

May 12, 2003
Germany
Visit site
Name:Steffen

Occupation: i take care of old people (didn't found the right word :D )

Music: Dark Funeral,Morbid Angel,Death,Imortal,Disbelief

Faovrite Av:Hinote,Foote

Ex-Av:Adam Deadmarsh,Kamensky

Next or other favorite team:Sens and Kings

How else is hockey in your life?: reading about it,listen to the games if it's possible,playing NHL HITZ PRO :yo:

Favorite Av moment: Krupp scoring the cupwinner in 96 and for sure Raymond kissing the Cup :bow:

nathan

Jul 7, 2003
Seattle, WA
Name: Nathan
Favoite Music Artist(s): Filter, Linkin Park, Deftones, Eric B. & Rakim, GZA
Favorite TV show: none
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Great Expectations was good
Favorite Av: McCormick! Hejduk too
Favorite Ex-Av: Mats Sundin (ex-Nordique)
Favorite non-Av: Joe Thornton & Janne Niinimaa
Next or other favorite team: Islanders
How else is hockey in your life?: Played hockey in middle school and some of high school
Favorite Av moment: Scrums with the Dead Wings :) The ones we won at least; Cup parades were fun
LEAST favorite Av moment: Losing to Dallas in game 7 of 2000 CF. Bourque clangs off the post in the 3rd :(
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Local team. Most coverage available.
Shoots: Left
Position: Forward (don't play hockey no mo')

MileHigh

Jun 24, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
Name: Peter
Favoite Music Artist(s): Less Than Jake, Millencolin, Rufio, Ten Foot Pole and others
Favorite TV show: 24, Daily Show, Good Eats
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): I can never make it through a book
Favorite Av: Adam Foote, Peter Forsberg
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury, Patrick Roy
Favorite non-Av: Joe Thornton & Janne Niinimaa
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins
How else is hockey in your life?: Played roller hockey growing up but could never skate
Favorite Av moment: Winning cup and watching Bourque lift the cup over his head
LEAST favorite Av moment: Drury getting traded and losing to Minnesota in game 7 and that being Roy's final game
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Followed them ever since they moved here to Colorado a little but really got into them after the trade for Bourque
Position: Defense, but to fat and out of shape to play now

Ender

Name: Ty Smith
Favoite Music Artist(s): Pink Floyd, Journey, Boston,Lynyrd Skynyrd. - Styper, Barren Cross, Guardian, Whitecross, Titanic (Christian 80's hard rock/metal)-
Favorite TV show: um... Even Stevens
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Frank Pretti, Steven Lawhead, The Hobbit, & any Star Wars novel.
Favorite Av: Adam Foote
Favorite Ex-Av: Mike Ricci, Scott Parker, Owen Nolan (see a trend?)
Least Favorite Av: Teemu Selanne
Favorite non-Av: Jonathan Cheechoo, & Patrick Marleau
Favorite team: San Jose Sharks
How else is hockey in your life?: Well, I live in a hockey deprived culture, so I watch, read, and study it (yes, study). Oh ya, I Also play in-line hockey.
Favorite Av moment: When Ray Bourque lifted the cup, it was the only moment on Tv/movies that has brought tears to my eyes.
LEAST favorite Av moment: When Peter Forsberg score in game 7 of the 2002 playoffs aginst the Sharks.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The first ever hockey game I went to was the Sharks -vs- the Avs.

Shoots: right
Position: defense/forward

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Name: Byron
Occupation: Architect...at a firm that does mostly health care architecture (hospitals, clinics, offices)
Favoite Music Artist(s): Anything and everythng...right now the two CD's I am listening to are Thursday's "War All the Time" and the soundtrack from Kill Bill.
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld, Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, anything on the History Channel. Ooo...forgot PTI. That too.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Not a big reader...last thing I read for fun was probably the novel "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. Its based on the historical Battle of Thermoplyae when 300 Greeks withstood 50,000 Persians for several days before all getting slaughtered. Makes the Battle of Alamo look like a walk in the park and its a great read.
Favorite Av: Tanguay and Forsberg and Sakic and Foote...ughh, okay I'll say Tanger just to be different.
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury and Adam Deadmarsh1.
Favorite non-Av: Shane Doan, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Ossi Vaananen.
Next or other favorite team: Coyotes and Sens. Also cheer for the Hurricanes...because they need some support.
How else is hockey in your life?: Finally got Center Ice in my new pad...so I watch every night basically that I'm home. Have ESPN 2004 for the XBox but prefer playing simulated management type games. Have a fun little one called World Hockey Manager and am eagerly awaiting the release of SI/Sega Eastside Manager.
Favorite Av moment: Tanger's first goal in game 7 against the Devils when he wrapped around behind the net, came out along side and lazered a bullet through a peahole past Brodeur to send the home crowd into mayhem.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: EA Sports NHL (the original...'93) came out and I saw the name 'Sakic' and thought to myself...thats a cool name, I'm gonna like the Quebec Nordiques. He scored all my goals when I played for Quebec but he was friggin' awesome. Still didn't really follow hockey on a daily basis but they were my team.

I also hated the Wings before the Avs even came to be...mainly because the other team I decided to like was the Devils and the '95 Cup Finals were when i really started watching hockey a lot more closely. I don't like the Devils as much anymore though since we had to play them in the Finals. I used to like the Kings as well, but that quickly changed after a couple of playoff rounds. Thats just how it works for me.

Interestingly enough...I hate ever other sports franchise to ever originate out of Denver. I'm from Kansas City...the Broncos are public enemy #1. The original NHL Rockies were taken from Kansas City. The Nuggets and Rockies could be playing in Mongolia, thats how apathetic I am towards those two franchises. But for some reason, when the Nords moved to Colorado...my love for them increased. Don't ask me why. Perhaps it was the nickname, perhaps the jerseys. Maybe just the fact that I was now very much attatched to guys like Sakic, Forsberg, Goose, Lefebrve, and Kamensky.

But now, along with the Jayhawks in basketball, they are one of the two teams I live and die with, emotionally speaking.

Last edited:

iAvs

JUST WIN
Mar 1, 2002
Las Vegas, NV
www.flickr.com
Name: Matteo
Status: single, but starting to get cozy with an amazing woman! :)
Favoite Music Artist(s): Metallica, NIN, Godsmack, Nickelback, White Strips, BRMC, Tiesto, Oakenfold, and Timo Mass
Favorite TV show: ALIAS
Favorite Av: Joe Sakic :bow:
Favorite Ex-Av: Ricci, Drury, Ozolinsh
Least Favorite Av: Cummings, Skoula
Least Favorite non-Av: Avery (what a piece of s***)
Favorite Av moment: Game 7. 2001 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Doesn't get much better than that one right there.
LEAST favorite Av moment: Losing to Dallas for the second time in Game 7 of the WCF.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Originally from Colorado Springs. When Colorado got a team, I just chose to root for them. Never thought they'd win the Cup, though! Oh yea, Sakic became my hero that year too.

RoyIsALegend*

Name: Josh
Occupation: Part-time student(school from 9-11:45 AM) and Lotus Notues consultant for EllisDon(work at home from 2-8 PM).
Favoite Music Artist(s): Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne... Marshall Mathers, Christopher Wallace and Tupac Shakur... Three Days grace as well.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): The Hockey News
Favorite Av: Adam Foote, Peter Forsberg and Steve Moore
Favorite non-Av: Shane Doan or Olli Jokinen
Next or other favorite team: Buffalo Sabres
How else is hockey in your life?: I play hockey for my school team, play in a men's league and I also coach 10 year olds at the rep level.
Favorite Av moment: Patrick Roy becoming the winningest goaltender of all time.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The day Patrick Roy was traded to Denver.

• Love

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Name: Reece

Occupation: Biomedical Specimen Technician. fancy name for getting stuff ready for Lab Tech's.

Favoite Music Artist(s): Incubus, 3rd Eye Blind, The Used, yada yada. starting to like Billy Talent as well.
Favorite TV show: That 70's Show, Family Guy
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): John Grisham novels, Vertical Run by Joseph Garber.

Favorite Av: Forsberg
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Todd Bertuzzi

Next or other favorite team: Vancouver is a good team. if the Avs are out, i cheer for the Nucks.

How else is hockey in your life?: i play hockey most saturday nights in MJ, i'm not very good. I'm an excellent passer and stick-handler, and i'd like to think i'm a feisty little player (5-11, 170), but I have trouble getting a good shot off, especially in motion, and my skills aren't very well displayed come game time. i can hit pretty good for my size though.

Favorite Av moment: i quit watching the playoffs after the Avs lost Game 5 to NJ in 2001, b/c i was going up north for a canoe trip. on the way back 3 days later, i found out that the Avs had won Game 6 4-0, and the whole class listened to Game 7 on the way back on the bus radio. what a great game that was. "3...2...1...THE PERFECT SEASON IS OVER!!!"

How and when did you become an Av fan?: actually, i started following them in 97-98, the year they lost to the Oilers in the first round, so i can't be called a bandwagon jumper...

Mack

Nov 5, 2002
Prince George, BC
Name: Mack
Favoite Music Artist(s): Ice Cube, Old Skool Hip Hoppers
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): huh?
Favorite Av: Adam Foote and Joe Sakic
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy and Marc Denis
Favorite non-Av:
Next or other favorite team:
How else is hockey in your life?:I own a pair of skates...
Favorite Av moment:Roy winning 2 cups and seeing Bourque win it.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: The day Patrick Roy was traded to Denver.

kaophonic

Jul 1, 2003
Bordeaux
Visit site
Name: Franck
Favorite Music Artist(s): The Prodigy, Björk, Rubin Steiner...
Favorite TV show: "Taken" from Spielberg, and "H" on French TV.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Amelie Nothomb, Marc Levy.
Favorite Av: Forsberg as a F, Blake as a D.
Favorite Ex-Av: Healthy Deader...ok, Chris Drury ;)
Favorite non-Av: Datsuyk, Zetterberg, and French Goalie Christobal Huet.
Next or other favorite team: Buffalo Sabres (not the team but the players...)
How else is hockey in your life?: Other than following it religiously, playing NHL 2004 on PC, reading about it, talking about it, wearing hockey jerseys, and playing roller hockey locally?
Favorite Av moment: At this time, it's the winning of the cup over New Jersey in 2001. But i bet i'll like looking at joe with the cup this summer ;)
How and when did you become an Av fan?: When i saw their offensive play in 96... Wow !!
I have to say that the play of "Great Pete" is influencing me a lot...
Rumors says he'll play with Naslund in sweden next year, even if it's bull****, i like dreaming of it ;)

PavelBure

Jan 5, 2003
edmonton
Name:Rob
Favoite Music Artist(s): 50 cent
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s):
Favorite Av: peter forsberg
Favorite Ex-Av: Patrick Roy and sandis ozolinsh
Favorite non-Av: pavel bure, ilya kovalchuk
Next or other favorite team: nyr(when bure is playing)
How else is hockey in your life?:play in a roller hockey league
Favorite Av moment:watching the avs beat new jersey in game 7.
How and when did you become an Av fan: when they moved to denver i thought there jerseys were cool and then started liking them ever since

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Name: Phil
Occupation: Full-time student (final semester -- on fourth "official" major), and near-full-time bookstore employee
Favoite Music Artist(s): Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, In Flames
Favorite TV show: Family Guy and Hockey Night in Canada are all I watch.
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Favourite book is Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels". Presently reading Dave Eggers' "You Shall Know Our Velocity!".
Favorite Av: Tanguay and Forsberg.
Favorite Ex-Av: Claude Lemieux
Favorite non-Av: Georges Laraque
Next or other favorite team: Montreal
How else is hockey in your life?: Watch and go to it every chance I get, and write for this site (QMJHL)...
Favorite Av moment: Seeing Bourque lift the cup... the Avs/Wings rivalries.
How and when did you become an Av fan?: My love of this organization dates back to the Quebec era. The Nordiques had their farm team in my hometown (Halifax Citadels), so many Avs, past and present have passed through. With the Citadels in town, I began to like the Nordiques, and when the Nords moved south of the board, so followed my loyalty. So don't accuse me of bandwagon jumping. :D

Bumjoo Wang*

Name: Raivo
Favoite Music Artist(s): Red Hot Chili Peppers
Favorite TV show: the Simpsons
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): 1984
Favorite Av: Paul Kariya
Favorite Ex-Av: Sandis Ozolinsh
Favorite non-Av: Petr Sykora
Next or other favorite team: Mighty Ducks, Canadians, Rangers
Favorite Av moment: Cup in 1996?
How and when did you become an Av fan?: Ozolinsh.

AVSgirl6

Feb 4, 2004
Name:Angie
Occupation: Laid off flight attendant and now bartender at a sports bar
Favoite Music Artist(s): Tupac, Eminem, 50 cent, Matchbox20, outcast, etc
Favorite TV show: Everybody Loves Raymond and Southpark
Favorite Book(s) or Author(s): Eleven Seconds by Travis Roy
Favorite Av: Selanne, Hejduk
Favorite Ex-Av: Chris Drury,Chris Drury, and um Chris Drury
Favorite non-Av: Adam Deadmarsh
Next or other favorite team: Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres
Favorite Av moment: There was no more shocking moment to me than when my favorite all time AVS moment: When we won the cup in 2001 and they showed Rays kids balling thier little eyes out.
Favorite non AVS moment: Seeing my least favorite player (Jeremy Roenick) getting his teeth knocked out!
How and when did you become an Av fan?: I had a first time date with a guy that took me to and AVS Canucks game and we were right on the ice. Parker got into a fight right in front of us and I was hooked from then on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

df_21

Name: Damien
Fav. Music/Artists: The Living End, The Doors, The Clash, Anti-Flag, Tiger Army and so on.....
Fav. TV show/s: Futurama, Simpsons, Frasier, Smallville
Fav. Avs Player: Peter Forsberg
Fav Ex-Av: Chris Drury, Ozolinsh
Fav non-Av: Martin Brodeur, Scott Niedermayer, Roenick
Fav. Avs Moment: 2001 Stanley Cup!
How & when did you become an hockey fan?: Played NHL 96 on the Playstation when it was released...became a hockey fan ever since.
How & when did you become an Avs fan? Thank the Playstation again! I had no internet and their wasn't much in newspapers about hockey over here so I got NHL 98, the one with Forsberg on the cover and instantly became an Avs and Forsberg fan no even knowing how good they were!
How else is hockey in your life?: It's not exactly ice hockey, but I play goalie for a field hockey team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad