Value of: Colin Blackwell

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
I think with Kravtsov finally coming to the big club, Blackwell's role will soon diminish and the Rangers should get something for him. I really do not know what teams would consider for him other than a mid-late pick, but should sell off now.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
They should probably get back what they paid for him. But seriously though, this is the type of player that if you don't have room for him, you put him on waivers and let him go fund a better opportunity. He's not a young kid, he doesn't have huge window to make a team and he hasn't made a shit ton of cash. You don't starve him out messing with his money on taxi squad hoping to eek out a 4th rounder.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
I think with Kravtsov finally coming to the big club, Blackwell's role will soon diminish and the Rangers should get something for him. I really do not know what teams would consider for him other than a mid-late pick, but should sell off now.
I would take him in a heartbeat on the flyers from what I seen the guy can play

Reactions: Daves a mess

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Edmonton should be all over him he's got the type of game they could use with a low cap hit and presumably respectable cost

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Would rather have blackwell than Boyd on the canucks, who we just got on waivers.

People will lowball cuz it took him a few years to get to the show, but he is probably better than at least like 4 or 5 forwards on the average nhl team.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Value wise hes worth a mid round pick. Absolute most he could return is a 3rd but id say more likely is a 4th and maybe a contract prospect who isn't doing anything for his team.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers need to stop using him as a top 6 forward. He's a good bottom guy to have for depth, that's it. The honey moon phase is over. We were impressed because our expectations were, well, we had none. Get him away from Panarin. He can be had for a 4/5th if any team really wants him. You'll probably like him as a bottom guy, but don't go and put him in a top 6 like we did.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i disagree with this premise:
"Blackwell's role will soon diminish and the Rangers should get something for him"

all teams this kind of swiss-army-knife player who fits that week's roster need
he will soon reach the GP threshold to meet the required exposure for Exp draft
NYR might need that (yes i know they also have Rooney, Howden, Lemieux, Strome, Gauthier who meet that, and could be exposed)

he is signed for am other year and the coach really likes him

for what he 'd bring back, no good reason to move him

if a team offered a 2d +sweetener, i'd be tempted. but highly unlikely

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

There are at least 3 players on the Rangers I move long before Blackwell.

Hes more effective than all three of them in all three zones

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Rangers have absolutely no incentive to dump him for a 4th, or even a 3rd. He's a player for them.

A 2nd round pick gets the convo started and likely the deal done but i doubt he would be valued at that. So the Ranges will keep him.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad