Coligano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
I think i played high school hockey against this kid, did he play for st andrews or upper canada college a few years ago?? where hes now?? I hear hes rated very high, great talent, thats for sure

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I took him for Toronto in the mock draft. Yes, he's definitely one of my favorite players in the draft. A little short, but very very talented.

1. Kopitar
2. Bergfors
3. Cogliano
4. Trukhno

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
I have my reservations about Cogliano. Although I haven't seen him play in a year, the Provinical Junior A League is weak. I guess his size dosen't bother me but I won't be sold until he gets to Ann Arbor and starts producing there.

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
great offensive skills; weak defensively; plays scared and won't pay the price when he has to

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
habbyfan60 said:
great offensive skills; weak defensively; plays scared and won't pay the price when he has to

As always, entitled to your opinion because that's what makes the world go round, but I watched him play about 60 plus games this year and let me assure you it is my opinion that there isn't a scared bone in his body (very, very competitive when it matters most) and he regularly pays the price to score goals or to set them up. As with all offensive players, his defensive game needs some work, but I would not say it's a really weak part of his game at all. IMO, the only knock he's going to get is his size, but a lot of scouts I've talked to about him aren't all that concerned for two reasons. One, world class speed. Two, very, very strong, both in terms of strength on his skates and strength (core stability) in fending off hits and playing in traffic. Lots to learn, but he's a great kid from a great family and the upside on this kid is tremendous. If there's a draft, I'll be shocked if he's not a solid first rounder in spite of his height. Dynamic speed, good goal-scoring ability, great playmaking ability, fearless, competitive and a character player, IMHO.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Thanks for the post Bob. I can't wait to see him in the maize and blue next year. Sounds like he might have a little Marty St. Louis in him?? Is this a accurate comparrison?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I have seen Cogliano a few times and I think he plays a little like Mike Gartner did, with awsome speed and scoring ability..I find he is a shoot first type of guy with blinding speed. So with great speed and goal scoring I just think of Gartner.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I have seen Cogliano play many times, I really like him myself. IMO he is possibly up there with Brule, Ryan for overall talent. He and Bertram are the two fastest in the draft, and I would put Coglianos goal scoring ability up there with Brules. I think Cogliano is one of those players that if he goes around 15th to 25th overall in about 4 years teams are going to look back and say "why wasn't he drafted in the top 10 of the draft"

I think myself he would have been better off playing in in the USHL. But he can't change that now so...but this guy proved himself at the U17s last year in NFLD and at the U18s in the summer as one of the best offensive talents that Canada has for his age group...so really I don't think there is going to be much to worry about with him. The only concern I had with him and I don't know if he fixed it or not was his emotions on the ice...I found when I seen him play that he would sulk alot to the ref and try to get his way on the ice, and I found he would overract sometimes over nothing...he may have fixed this I don't know. But I do know that it was said he is scared...well to me I never seen that as he was in traffic and everything so I wouldn't worry about that.

But to me this guy is going to be a world class talent.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
Is it true Cogliano has a broken collerbone and is done for the season?

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Should be a great Freshman class led by Johnson on D and Coligano on O. I can't wait to see hos speed and anyone projected to go ahead of TJ Hensick will look great in the Maize and Blue.

Spectacular_Bid said:
Thanks for the post Bob. I can't wait to see him in the maize and blue next year. Sounds like he might have a little Marty St. Louis in him?? Is this a accurate comparrison?

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
HabLover said:
When did he get hurt?

What are his point totals to date in the playoffs?

He got hurt in Game 3 of the championship series against Georgetown (St. Mike's was up 3-0 and has now lost two in a row without Cogliano in the lineup). He has 22 goals and 24 assists in 24 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad