OT: Cole's OT Boutique: Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Wow we just got railed by a fast mover. The sky was like a greenish orange before the thunder and lightning moved in.
I love summer time thunderstorms and the smell of fresh after the storms.

Reactions: Clare2904

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kids know to stay away :laugh:

And I'm not THAT old!

Oh yeah? I got this pic right off your Facebook page!

simpson-grandpa.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Since I had time to kill until 8 I decided to go for an after storm bike and sit by the water. Well I had to go into some brush and when I sat by the water I was swarmed by gnats and mosquito's and I had a tick on my hand. A f***ing tick! Stupid nature.

If there is anything unholy in this world it is something that burrows into your skin and feeds off the blood.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Since I had time to kill until 8 I decided to go for an after storm bike and sit by the water. Well I had to go into some brush and when I sat by the water I was swarmed by gnats and mosquito's and I had a tick on my hand. A ****ing tick! Stupid nature.

If there is anything unholy in this world it is something that burrows into your skin and feeds off the blood.
:laugh:

Sorry :(

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Completely forgot it is a holiday on Monday so I think I'll go for a nice hike then. I'll leave early enough so I can make it just a day trip up to Mont Tremblant.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hasn't the US joined the 21st century and also allowed gambling now ?

Yes I think that has happened recently, the federal law banning gambling in states was deemed unconstitutional. So naturally, every state is going to allow it.

Pennsylvania is also making some changes, you used to only be able to get beer at beer distributors. Now, grocery stores are starting to be allowed to sell beer after getting a beer licence. You're starting to see a bunch of gas stations sell beer.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Can someone make sense of this for me:

I don't know if you guys in the US have this, but every week we're allowed to put a green bin out with our regularly scheduled trash pickup. It's for stuff like eggshells, bones from chicken/meat, fruit and vegetable scraps, used paper towels, and yard waste, etc. But the last part is the part I don't understand.

They will ONLY collect yard waste if they see food waste in the green bin with it.

My question/confusion about this is: why? Why do they accept yard waste if there's also food waste in the bin, but apparently they don't accept just yard waste if it's the only thing being thrown out? What am I missing here?

It would be one thing if they don't accept yard waste, period. But they do. Just as long as you include food waste.

For instance, they didn't accept my yard waste because I didn't have any food waste this week. Yet, if I'd tossed even two friggin' egg shells or a couple of banana peels on top of the yard waste in the bin, suddenly they would have.

Does that even make sense?

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba

I don't know if you guys in the US have this, but every week we're allowed to put a green bin out with our regularly scheduled trash pickup. It's for stuff like eggshells, bones from chicken/meat, fruit and vegetable scraps, used paper towels, and yard waste, etc. But the last part is the part I don't understand.

They will ONLY collect yard waste if they see food waste in the green bin with it.

My question/confusion about this is: why? Why do they accept yard waste if there's also food waste in the bin, but apparently they don't accept just yard waste if it's the only thing being thrown out? What am I missing here?

It would be one thing if they don't accept yard waste, period. But they do. Just as long as you include food waste.

For instance, they didn't accept my yard waste because I didn't have any food waste this week. Yet, if I'd tossed even two friggin' egg shells or a couple of banana peels on top of the yard waste in the bin, suddenly they would have.

Construct a trebuchet in your back yard and fire the waste into the garbage truck. Might take a week or so to get the angle right, but then your problems will be solved forever.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Yes I think that has happened recently, the federal law banning gambling in states was deemed unconstitutional. So naturally, every state is going to allow it.

Pennsylvania is also making some changes, you used to only be able to get beer at beer distributors. Now, grocery stores are starting to be allowed to sell beer after getting a beer licence. You're starting to see a bunch of gas stations sell beer.
That was a shock to my system when I first arrived in Canada. Went to a local convenient store and asked where the beer was, he said "you can only buy beer at the Beer Store or LCBO". I am 99% certain I swore in my response.

At least here in Quebec the local shops and supermarkets sell booze. Other provinces slowly catching on. You can buy booze anywhere in the UK :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

You have to outsmart them. Where I live you have to pay per bag, which is insanely expensive. The sticker says 'one bag up to 30lbs (or something close to that), but who the hell can fit 30 pounds of trash in a single bag?

SO, what I did was buy one of those big tank style bins and I put the sticker half peeled just under the lid so he can take it off after garbage is collected. I then throw in whatever can fit into that massive bin, which has to be at least way over 30 gallons.

But I tested them before I did it. See, everyone here sticks 1 sticker on 1 bag and that is so stupid and expensive. I would do 1 sticker 2 bags... 1 sticker 3 bags. 1 sticker and tons of crap and boxes. They always took it. His thought is he don't see a dollar more pay if I use one or two stickers (I figure).

So, I don't know. Out smart them some how. Maybe put the garbage in a bag in the bin? Go to a local restaurant and ask them for their chicken skins and lobster shells. lol

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You have to outsmart them. Where I live you have to pay per bag, which is insanely expensive. The sticker says 'one bag up to 30lbs (or something close to that), but who the hell can fit 30 pounds of trash in a single bag?

SO, what I did was buy one of those big tank style bins and I put the sticker half peeled just under the lid so he can take it off after garbage is collected. I then throw in whatever can fit into that massive bin, which has to be at least way over 30 gallons.

But I tested them before I did it. See, everyone here sticks 1 sticker on 1 bag and that is so stupid and expensive. I would do 1 sticker 2 bags... 1 sticker 3 bags. 1 sticker and tons of crap and boxes.

So, I don't know. Out smart them some how. Maybe put the garbage in a bag in the bin? Go to a local restaurant and ask them for their chicken skins and lobster shells. lol

I mean, I realize that I can get around this idiotic rule by simply putting some of my discarded food waste in the green bin instead of in the garbage.

My post is more about the "why" of it all. I don't see the sense in the rule where they'll pick your yard waste up if you have food waste with it, but they won't pick your yard waste up on its own. I literally don't get what the requirement for there to be food waste accomplishes? Does yard waste not decompose without food waste mixed in? Like, I don't get it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean, I realize that I can get around this idiotic rule by simply putting some of my discarded food waste in the green bin instead of in the garbage.

My post is more about the "why" of it all. I don't see the sense in the rule where they'll pick your yard waste up if you have food waste with it, but they won't pick your yard waste up on its own. I literally don't get what the requirement for there to be food waste accomplishes? Does yard waste not decompose without food waste mixed in? Like, I don't get it.

All the garbage ends up in the ocean eventually doesn't it? No matter which bin you use :sarcasm:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

They’re trying to force people to do the disgusting green bin stuff, I suppose.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
By yard waste I presume you all mean twigs, branches, grass and leaves? All mine is munched up and used on public flower beds etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->