OT: Cole's OT Boutique: Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
It seems like every single show I find interesting gets cancelled, and every single show I find boring gets renewed (and gets huge ratings).

Apparently I am not part of the demographic that television studios care about.
I feel your pain. I've stopped watching network tv shows. The only shows I'll watch are ones I've vetted that are several seasons deep and I can stream to get caught up.

I figure that my time is too valuable to waste watching a show that the execs can't be bothered to even order a decent ending to. I've been burned too many times.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
he's gonna be THAT uncle. If there's one thing kids love it's the things that people 30 years older than them think are cool :laugh: Though it works while they are little.

I'm going to be Uncle Jesse. Got a problem with that?

1eMn.gif

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I feel your pain. I've stopped watching network tv shows. The only shows I'll watch are ones I've vetted that are several seasons deep and I can stream to get caught up.

I figure that my time is too valuable to waste watching a show that the execs can't be bothered to even order a decent ending to. I've been burned too many times.

It's why I try to avoid watching shows that are premiering that season. No point getting attached to them before I even know whether they have a shot at getting picked up the following year.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really need to start cleaning my house during the week. I don’t want to do that **** when I can relax for a couple days

I'm not going to bother doing much intense cleaning, since I'm moving to a new apartment in about 2 months. I may have a cleaning company go clean my new apartment before I move in, just so that apartment is really clean.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'm not going to bother doing much intense cleaning, since I'm moving to a new apartment in about 2 months. I may have a cleaning company go clean my new apartment before I move in, just so that apartment is really clean.

I don’t plan on moving soon so I kinda have too:laugh: yeah I understand for you though not being too fussy until you move.

I was catching the bus for the last two weeks which is 4-5 hours out of my day so weekdays were hard. Got a car again now so should work on a casual schedule to include cleaning and exercise after work.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Problem here is this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Shows can't survive without support while they're on the air.

I've gotten bad at that, too, to be completely fair. I'm woefully behind on 'new' sitcoms because I'm so consistently underwhelmed and there's little connection between quality and success. I mean, you could put literally anything on CBS and my dad'll watch it, but if you don't give me 10+ episodes a year that are 8/10 or better I have better ways to spend my time.

The Brooklyn Nine-Nine social media stuff was rather telling...if as many people who got mad at Fox for cancelling it watched it when it was on, they probably don't have a good reason to cancel it....and I'm right there with the bulk of social media. I stayed current on the first season (via Hulu), but have only caught a few random episodes here and there since and only started back through it last week before the cancellation (and I shoved that aside for Arrested Development). Once I get more than a season behind a show I rarely catch up.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Had to work this morning as no one wanted to due to it being Mother's Day. Finished now so a quick change of clothing and I am going out on my bike. Too glorious to be indoors.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Can someone explain to me why everyone gushes about "This is Us"?

Someone was telling me about that show. Without them giving anything away I was able to guess a big thing that happened in that show so I never bothered.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Reasonably certain I'm the only mother on this board ... so I hope you all at least called yours, be it via the phone or in your heart's remembrance.
On another note, finally started watching Westworld. Totally in my wheelhouse ... sci-fi westerns. Yes, please.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Millennials are killing network TV shows and chain restaurants.

#Success

Can someone explain to me why everyone gushes about "This is Us"?

I watched part of or all of season on Netflix. It’s the most emotionally manipulative show I’ve ever seen but I wanted to know how someone died. It’s emotional impact being treated as more of a sign of quality than it should be. It’s not a bad show but bad things constantly happening becomes comical.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Sat in the back garden with the laptop on the table playing the Dodgers game, birds singing in the trees and squirrels running around :heart:

I’m working at home today. Wanted to do it outside on the laptop but I have too much paperwork that’ll fly around. My desk is next to a big window though

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Reasonably certain I'm the only mother on this board ... so I hope you all at least called yours, be it via the phone or in your heart's remembrance.
On another note, finally started watching Westworld. Totally in my wheelhouse ... sci-fi westerns. Yes, please.
Mother to two cats :laugh:

And Mothers Day is in March :D

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->