News Article: Cole Smith re-signed 2 yrs at 1 mil AAV

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
$2 million AAV? Or $2 million total? Surely it's $1 million per right?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
So a 1 mil AAV. Pretty decent and can be hidden in the AHL if things go south. Guess that means he is hanging around past this season which was a question i had the other day. Cant complain... we are paying jankowski 775K to play in the AHL.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Assuming we’re moving on from at least two of Trenin, Sherwood, Jankowski, and McCarron I can see the rationale. Every team does need some replacement level guys so why not one who knows the organization. I’m sure I still won’t be a fan of his usage but that’s a separate issue.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I agree it's kind of pointless to give him any term, but it's also a cap hit that's easily buried so it doesn't really matter that much.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He's just the type of guy you don't give multiple years too cause he isn't worth it.
I don't know. I think we have had worse versions of him when we have attempted to find those steady bottom level guys. I guess if you were asking if me if I would rather keep him on this deal or try to find another version of him for the next 2 years for likely a negligible financial difference, then I am happily taking him on this deal.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad