Prospect Info: Cole Kehler, goaltender.....

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Maybe Blake's trying to corner the market on 'Coles' & 'Kales'.....?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
This is 4th young(ish) goaltender they've added in the last 18 months.

Campbell
Petersen
Villalta
and now Kehler. (AHL eligible next season, but I doubt he'll have a spot)

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think we can consider the goaltending pipeline restocked. They say don’t draft on need and the signings Blake has made means come the next draft we shouldn’t be under pressure to do so –. Especially with goaltending such a crapshoot in the draft, at best.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This is 4th young(ish) goaltender they've added in the last 18 months.

Campbell
Petersen
Villalta
and now Kehler. (AHL eligible next season, but I doubt he'll have a spot)

Likely be ECHL next year I would think. Campbell Petersen at AHL level, Kehler in ECHL. Villalta is not AHL eligible until 19-20. I'm guessing that by 19-20 either Campbell or Petersen will be will Kings, or Campbell will have been released so you'd have Campbell/Petersen and Kehler in AHL with Villalta in ECHL. If things develop the way they want.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A more likely reading is that Campbell is about to get traded. Several teams are in need of a back up.

That would leave Petersen as the only goalie in the AHL. I doubt that is the case as two of the goalie prospects Blake has signed are still in juniors. One of Campbell or Petersen could be backing up Quick as soon as next season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Im thinking by signing that 2 year deal he's the back up for next season unless of course the goalie market gets crazy and Blake is offered a 2nd for Kuemper..
NHL
Quick
Campbell
AHL
Petersen
whomever

Reactions: Reaper45

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
If Kuemper continues to play well, his price is going to go up dramatically in the UFA market at the end of the year, and he'll want a shot at a #1 job (where have we seen this before, rinse and repeat), so Campbell will be the odds on favorite for the back up role next year and the year after, particularly since Campbell got a one way deal two years from now. Petersen will be in the running too. Blake is doing well restocking the cabinet. We have two Group A goalies in Campbell and Petersen (23-25 age bracket) and two younger in Group B, Kehler and Villalta in the 18-19 age bracket. Villalta is still unsigned.

Reactions: KingTrouty

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
If Kuemper continues to play well, his price is going to go up dramatically in the UFA market at the end of the year, and he'll want a shot at a #1 job (where have we seen this before, rinse and repeat), so Campbell will be the odds on favorite for the back up role next year and the year after, particularly since Campbell got a one way deal two years from now. Petersen will be in the running too. Blake is doing well restocking the cabinet. We have two Group A goalies in Campbell and Petersen (23-25 age bracket) and two younger in Group B, Kehler and Villalta in the 18-19 age bracket. Villalta is still unsigned.

What do you think Kuemper could net the Kings in a trade??

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Keep Kuemper and let him walk at the end of the year (or see if a team will trade for negotiating rights in the offseason.

You trade him, and we're a Quick injury away from Campbell and Peterson being our NHL tandem.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Can't say I've ever seen him play, but his numbers are trending in the right direction. GAA dropping every season, SV% rising (except for his first/second season where it was the same). At the least it shows he works on his game and consistently tries to get better. The goalie dev. team can really mold a guy like that. He's not small, either.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I don't know, but I can't see the Kings trying to move Kuemper, and just have a back up with very limited NHL experience as you move toward the end of the season. You're not really losing so much when you let a guy on a one year deal move on, it's not like you spent years developing the guy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Word is out, if you want to learn how to be an NHL goalie, you sign with LA. The development system might be the best in the league,

That's seriously a real possibility. The only failure in what many recent years has been Zatkoff

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
His head coach in Portland is also former Kings associate coach Mike Johnston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->