Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYR] Chris Bigras for Ryan Graves

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Two changes of scenery, Graves didn’t have a shot here.
Scouting report for Avs fans
Graves is a huge guy with solid skating, pretty much no offense though. His defense is solid but nothing special, has a 104 mph slapper though. Bottom pairing defenseman is what you should expect and I’m pretty sure he’ll top out as at least a 6D
Good trade, I’m happy with it

Reactions: Balthazar

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Have no clue who Ryan Graves is so am going to assume that we just got shafted. I still like Bigras as a prospect.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Bigras has had injury issues, seemingly suffered confidence issues, and had really fallen into the Avs’ doghouse. He looked rattled every time he was at the NHL level, which was odd because he was noted for the opposite in junior. A fresh start will probably do really well for him. Think he could still end up being a mobile second / third pairing puckmover.

Reactions: Fixxer

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
That’s too bad. I always liked Bigras. He definitely needed to grow his confidence at the NHL level to be more effective, but his potential was exciting. He’s an amazing skater and plays a heady game. Hopefully he gets back on track in the NYR org.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Change of scenery deal for two young-ish blueliners who have a bit of un-realized potential. Like Bigras still but his time as a piece of the Avs future was starting to wane. Seems like Graves was in a similar situation.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Bigras wasn't going to get another shot here so I don't mind this. No point holding onto an asset if you aren't going to use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->