Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Fedor Tyutin (1 year, $2.000M AAV)

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
Can Columbus fans give us a scouting report? I remember him being a strong positional defender in the top four, kind of like Hejda, but haven't watched him recently.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
****, Rangers should have offered that.

Why? That makes literally no sense. We already have D-men who can't move. Tyutin can still play 3rd pairing minutes for us, but we already filled the quota of D-men who don't move very well.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I think it's fascinating the number of CBJ defenseman who've ended up in Colorado over the last few years. Jan Hejda, Bodnarchuk, Bauchemin, Nick Holden, and now Tyutin.

Best of luck to Toots.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
What's the thing with him? I remember him being a good d some years ago was he not?

Can Columbus fans give us a scouting report? I remember him being a strong positional defender in the top four, kind of like Hejda, but haven't watched him recently.

Yes, he was a good D for a long time in Columbus. But age has caught up to him and now he's a slow skater. He'll be good in a mentor role for Zadorov, but that's about it.

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
Yes, he was a good D for a long time in Columbus. But age has caught up to him and now he's a slow skater. He'll be good in a mentor role for Zadorov, but that's about it.

Good to know, thanks. He'll probably be with Zadorov, Bigras, or Barrie as a stay-at-home guy.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Good to know, thanks. He'll probably be with Zadorov, Bigras, or Barrie as a stay-at-home guy.

From what I recall, someone pulled some fancy stats showing Tyutin as a shot suppression black hole--the team didn't get shots on goal when he was on the ice, but the other team didn't either. Take that for what you will.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think it's fascinating the number of CBJ defenseman who've ended up in Colorado over the last few years. Jan Hejda, Bodnarchuk, Bauchemin, Nick Holden, and now Tyutin.

Best of luck to Toots.

Report:
He is strong positionally. Wins battles in the corner. Blocks shots. Has a nice writer from the blue line.

Used to be a pretty good skater. Definitely has slowed down a lot in the past 2 years. That has undermined the rest of his game.

Always had a knack for having some turnovers in the defensive zone. Nothing egregious, but it happens.

Right now I would say he is a #6 guy on his way down. Maybe the change of scenery will be a boost.

Always prefers to play on the left side. Doesn't play on the right.

That's about it I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->