cogliano vs esposito

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Now: Clearly Cogliano as Espo was left off a team Cogs made easily.

Long term: Esposito IMO. Too good - too young... huge time potential.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
BHLCommish said:
Cogliano is starting to get hugely overrated on these boards
How so? I think hes finaly getting some much deserved credit. Hes put up points along the lines of top prospects at every international tournamnt hes played in, plus hes doing great as a freashmen in college playing on the third line. No question Esposito has more potential but Cogs is a lot better right now.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
BHLCommish said:
Cogliano is starting to get hugely overrated on these boards

Who here is overrating him? Seems like everyone who responded has him last on potential.

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
Right now Cogliano by a big margin, in the future who knows. Cogliano is a top level prospect as are the other two, cogs has age on both and plays in a different league so it is tough to compare. I am not sure if cogs is over rated but he has got potential too, his speed, vision and shot gives him potential to be a star in the NHL. We will all see in time.

seadog

Nov 8, 2005
i take cogliano for two reasons first i'am a oilers fan and second i live in saint john and i'am a seadogs fan........

nesbit_21

Aug 2, 2005
As an Oilers fan, Im happy as hell to see Cogs doing so well this year, in college and with the world juniors, however, comparing him to either one of Esposito or Taveres is silly. Diffrent kind of players all togther. Espo and Taveres arent even drafted yet for god sakes. Their potential is off the wall, but Cogliano is not the type of player you compare them too, if for no other reason, then the age diffrence alone.

Now, comparing Cogs with some of his WJ team mates, or others in his draft class? Thats a little better.

seadog

Nov 8, 2005
nesbit_21 said:
As an Oilers fan, Im happy as hell to see Cogs doing so well this year, in college and with the world juniors, however, comparing him to either one of Esposito or Taveres is silly. Diffrent kind of players all togther. Espo and Taveres arent even drafted yet for god sakes. Their potential is off the wall, but Cogliano is not the type of player you compare them too, if for no other reason, then the age diffrence alone.

Now, comparing Cogs with some of his WJ team mates, or others in his draft class? Thats a little better.

i don't mean to bring this up but is there not two players in the nhl that are 2 years apart that people love to compare.

beerpaul*

nesbit_21 said:

:amazed: I've seen Tavares and Cogliano play live many times, and the only similarities I see between the two is that they are both males. I watched Tavares play for Milton(Junior) last year...I know he was only a 14 year old at the time, but he could hardly skate. Cogliano is one the best players of his age in the world...and he'll prove it at the World Junior Tournament. I'm surprised Tavares made the Oshawa Generals to be honest with you. :)

Geese_Howard*

john tavares is a beast....

not fair to have him in this thread, hes one of those "once every decade" type players

now cogliano

later espo

but honestly, cogliano is playing in a weak league IMO.... maybe thats why hes getting overrated because he is playing against competition he is head and shoulders above

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Geese_Howard said:
j
but honestly, cogliano is playing in a weak league IMO.... maybe thats why hes getting overrated because he is playing against competition he is head and shoulders above

The NCAA is a weak league? Might wanna rethink that ;)

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Geese_Howard said:

NCAA > CHL.... Obviously NCAA < AHL, but apart from Bergfors, I can't think of any 18 year olds in the AHL (well, Crosby and Brule, obviously could play in the AHL).

maxen1

Jul 17, 2004
I too am an Oiler fan... I hope Cogliano can withstand the physical play! How tall is he? After watching the Calgary / Edmonton game last night he will be in tough. Guys like Regyr and Phaneuf laid out some punishing checks. I'm a little concerned that our best forward prospects - Shrimp and Cogliano are going to be too small....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->