Cogliano v Oshie

bfire

May 30, 2006
Toronto
www.hockeynut.com
I'd like to start comparing Cogliano to Zach Parise... (both speedy + shifty and always in scoring positions)

TJ Oshie can be compared to Mike Richards (okay, that was random because I haven't see Oshie play).

Hopefully this will end the Cogs vs. Oshie debate. Neither look like busts at this point.

Cogliano will never be in the same class as Parise.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

I hope you are making an informed opinion. You might eat those words.

Cogs is a slightly different type of player (more all around - he plays the PK and has 2 SH goals, almost a 3rd against CBJ that was the closest non-goal I've seen).

I've seen enough of Parise to be impressed by him, but Cogliano is as shifty and loves going into high traffic areas. Both are just as fast skaters - no question.

Both went through the college system with similar numbers. Both were 1st rounders (same pedigree).

Kotton

Jul 10, 2006

6 goals 15 Pts in 26 games as a 20 year old on a bottom 5 team in the league isn't and never will be in the same class as...

14 goals 32 Pts in 81 games as a 21 year old?

Wierd. :biglaugh:

FTR, I don't think Parise / Cogliano comparisons are accurate. Parise has more flash and better hands than Cogliano, while alot of Coglianos chances are generated due to just being faster than everyone else.

Edit - Was Parise 20, or 21 in his rookie year....?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Can you really go wrong with either of these prospects? I would take either on my team in a heart beat.

If I have to pick one I will go with Oshie. I am not choosing him because I am being a homer, but rather his style of play is what I prefer in all players. Balls to the wall and physical....having skill helps too ;)
Either way both should have very promising careers.

PS Why do Blues and Oilers fans always seem to get into these pissing contests as of late? I don't get it. Hopefully we can begin to see some more constructive debates!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->