Cogliano lighting it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Both are exceptional prospects, the end. Schremps has the PP skills to run and dominate an NHL PP, and Cogs has the speed and hands to be a top 2 line center. Will either fulfill their potential??? We don't know, but as far as Schremp goes, I see no reason why not. His shot and passing ability have NHL written all over them. Yeah, both are smaller, but let's face it, the NHL isn't anywhere near as physical as it was the last time there was a season.

se7en*

Rabid Ranger said:
Something both Cogliano and Schremp have in common is they both play on powerhouse teams that are arguably the best in their respective leagues (the NCAA and the OHL). While individual players and stats aren't entirely dependant on being in great situations to thrive, it certainly helps.

The Knights lost their first four games IIRC, and ever since Schremp came back they've lost 1 and won 9. I don't think it's a coincedence.

Last year peoplen had questions if Schremp could take Perry's role to help the team be a powerhouse. I think the skeptics should be eating their crow now.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jiggyman said:
*Edit- didn't see the post above mine

Looking at it from another perspective though, aren't Schremp and Cogliano both fairly big reasons their teams are currently "powerhouses"? If I recall correctly London was doing quite poorly before Schremp arrived.

Cogliano is a key contributer, but Michigan has Jack Johnson, Kevin Porter, Chad Kolarik, Matt Hunwick, T.J. Hensick, etc...... They would have been a very good team without him.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
jiggyman said:
*Edit- didn't see the post above mine

Looking at it from another perspective though, aren't Schremp and Cogliano both fairly big reasons their teams are currently "powerhouses"? If I recall correctly London was doing quite poorly before Schremp arrived.
Obviously Schremp is a big reason why London is winning. Personally, I still find Bolland to be more dynamic and interesting to watch, and I would argue (although not at any length here) that he is ever-so-slightly-more-impactful to his team than Schremp. But it is also worth noting that Dylan Hunter and Adam Dennis came back around the same time as Schremp, so it was like adding two first-line forwards and the #1 goalie all at the same time.

Transported Upstater

Bryanbryoil said:
Both are exceptional prospects, the end. Schremps has the PP skills to run and dominate an NHL PP, and Cogs has the speed and hands to be a top 2 line center. Will either fulfill their potential??? We don't know, but as far as Schremp goes, I see no reason why not. His shot and passing ability have NHL written all over them. Yeah, both are smaller, but let's face it, the NHL isn't anywhere near as physical as it was the last time there was a season.

Schremp's had an awesome shot since he was 15...Of course, when he was 15, he was the type of kid that you want to send a hitman after...

Transported Upstater

Blind Gardien said:
Obviously Schremp is a big reason why London is winning. Personally, I still find Bolland to be more dynamic and interesting to watch, and I would argue (although not at any length here) that he is ever-so-slightly-more-impactful to his team than Schremp. But it is also worth noting that Dylan Hunter and Adam Dennis came back around the same time as Schremp, so it was like adding two first-line forwards and the #1 goalie all at the same time.

I think Schremp will have a major impact on Edmonton because his specialty is something that Edmonton has had problems with in the past (the PP) and he will get every opportunity to test that skill.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
TransportedUpstater said:
Schremp's had an awesome shot since he was 15...Of course, when he was 15, he was the type of kid that you want to send a hitman after...

:biglaugh: Yeah maybe so, but thankfully he has really matured as a person and a player since then. I really think that his slide in the draft was the motivation that he needed to become great, and he will IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad