Cut/Released: Cody Whitehair and Eddie Jackson

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jaylon Johnson, come on down, you’ve won yourself your very own franchise tag

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jaylon Johnson, come on down, you’ve won yourself your very own franchise tag
$18 mill or so for the tag for a CB. If he was a free agent he’d probably be looking for $40 mill plus in guaranteed money.

I think last season just 7 players or so got tagged.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
$18 mill or so for the tag for a CB. If he was a free agent he’d probably be looking for $40 mill plus in guaranteed money.

I think last season just 7 players or so got tagged.
I think he’s been not happy about not getting a deal. At the Pro Bowl he was wearing his jersey backwards. I took that to mean something.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think he’s been not happy about not getting a deal. At the Pro Bowl he was wearing his jersey backwards. I took that to mean something.
No player wants to be tagged. The $18 mill might be close to what he would get on an average over the term of a deal, but it's the lack of guaranteed money that ticks players off.

Tag maintains his rights and can still work on a longer term deal, but if he's really unhappy, he doesn't have to sign it until the end. But, also the Bears could rescind it as well and he'd be looking for a team after the teams have spent most of their cap space however.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Whitehair is shadow of player he was early in his career and is nothing more than a backup caliber OG at this point

Jackson has been liability on field for several years now and his continued refusal to tackle or even give effort at that aspect of football negates the rare positive plays as a pass defender. Even then he is prone to get beat or make poor reads

It was time to move on from Whitehair and Bears because of contract were unable to move on from Jackson until now. Good Riddance to Jackson he can give zero effort out there on some other team and let those fans deal get frustrated and pissed at it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad