Cody Franson

predz

Oct 8, 2004
Longueuil
I know little about him, but he seems to be the total package. Does he have a chance to crack the Predators roster next year even if they are kind of deep (and young) at the backend?

He sure did put some impressive numbers in the WHL and with a 6'5'' frame that guy could have been a 3rd round steal....

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I don't think he has a chance. He had an incredible year of development going from a middling prospect to a great one, but there are too many players he'd have to leapfrog to make it happen. He's two years away, at least. He'll play another year in the WHL and then a year in the AHL before the Preds really give him a great look.

X-SHARKIE

He could make good trade bait if you're Nashville. They have Parent & Klein on the way to join Weber and Suter. All that on top of the NHL talent may make Franson expendable at the trade deadline some day.

He doesn't look far off from players like Andy Rogers or Jeff Schultz though from what i've seen.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
golleafsgo_17 said:
Schultz has a pretty damn good offensive game, Rogers on the other hand doesn't

Franson had 15 goals, 40+ assists in 70 WHL games. Thats pretty sick for an 18 year old defenceman. His first pass out of the zone is also considered NHL calibre by a lot of scouts, comparing him to Andy Rogers and Jeff Schultz is insulting!

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
J17ster said:
Any other team but Nashville and maybe. Man its just unfair how they have so many good D prospects.
I agree with that!
In 3 years from now, I think this is how their defence will look:

Hamhuis-Weber
Suter-Parent
Klein-Franson

Also, Franson is childhood friends with Shea Weber. I think they lived on the same street when they were growing up.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
X-SHARKIE said:
He could make good trade bait if you're Nashville. They have Parent & Klein on the way to join Weber and Suter. All that on top of the NHL talent may make Franson expendable at the trade deadline some day.

He doesn't look far off from players like Andy Rogers or Jeff Schultz though from what i've seen.

Schultz and Rogers do nothing for me. I think this guy is amazing. He really steped his game up in the playoffs and Mem. Cup. Lead all Dub d-men with 20 playoff pts.
This guy will probably Team Canada's #1 at the World Jrs. and I see him as a #2 d-man in the NHL

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
He WILL be a solid defenceman in the NHL, however rushing him won't help. He needs one more year with the Giants, and maybe one in the AHL, no longer. He has an excellent first pass(which I'm sure you've hard). I've seen him play countless times here in Vancouver, he has a strong and accurate pass and shot. He has solid slap but does not use it that much. He uses his body well positionally, but I find every now and then he opts out of a big open ice hit. All I know is I'd loved to have him on any team.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Corona-12 said:
He WILL be a solid defenceman in the NHL, however rushing him won't help. He needs one more year with the Giants, and maybe one in the AHL, no longer. He has an excellent first pass(which I'm sure you've hard). I've seen him play countless times here in Vancouver, he has a strong and accurate pass and shot. He has solid slap but does not use it that much. He uses his body well positionally, but I find every now and then he opts out of a big open ice hit. All I know is I'd loved to have him on any team.

You forgot to mention his amazing snapshot. Also seeing him play in Vancouver often he always stood out on a very very deep defence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->