Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Gotta admit, Ceci has looked fine so far through 4 games.

BUT, ITS ONLY BEEN 5 GAMES EVERYBODY. The whole team has played well. Lets slow down a little on this over the top Ceci love here. I know everyone wants to laugh at all of us who do not appreciate the idea of Ceci. Lets just see if he can keep this up for 10, 20, 30 games. Maybe 30 or 40 games will make people change their minds, not 5.For the teams sake and the sanity of the this forum, hopefully he does.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Gotta admit, Ceci has looked fine so far through 4 games.

BUT, ITS ONLY BEEN 5 GAMES EVERYBODY. The whole team has played well. Lets slow down a little on this over the top Ceci love here. I know everyone wants to laugh at all of us who do not appreciate the idea of Ceci. Lets just see if he can keep this up for 10, 20, 30 games. Maybe 30 or 40 games will make people change their minds, not 5.For the teams sake and the sanity of the this forum, hopefully he does.

Do you mean 4 out of 5 or did you mean 5? Still a positive.

Edit: I see you changed it to 5

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ceci is into his 4th season & IMO he has gotten better every yr especially defensively although at the cost of some offence. I expected he would be better this yr offensively after a yr of playing in GB's system & I expect it will continue all yr. Obviously, on this board anyway, if a player is not racking up pts than they seem useless but as the coach has pointed out multiple times, Ceci is put out there to defend against the best competition every night & had to learn on the job & did. I don't think ice time is an indication of one player being better than another & has more to do with role but Ceci had more ice time than Methot last yr.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I've always thought that Boucher was treating Ceci the same way he did with Hedman in Tampa. He knew that Hedman was a horse who could handle big minutes against top competition so he rode him hard. Heavy minutes against the hardest competition. He's doing the same with Ceci.

This year, now that he's established that he can handle the defensive responsibilities, I think we're seeing Ceci feel more comfortable taking risks in the offensive zone.

It will still be a work in progress, but I like that Boucher and Crawford are pushing him to his limits.

By the mid-point of this season and into next season I think we'll have a really well rounded player on our hands.

I mean, Brian Kilrea did say Ceci was a lot like Drew Doughty, which was extremely high and lofty praise, but I think that's what the coaches are doing by developing him into an all-situations D-man. I'm not saying he is Drew Doughty or will be as good as him. Let's get that clear. I'm saying he's being groomed into a guy who can play all situations and do well in them.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
I understand that Cody Ceci is one of the most controversial figures on this board and the divide amongst Sens fans whom like him and hate him is pretty intense but I gotta say, I've been super satisfied with Ceci so far this year.

As mentioned in his post-season interviews last season, he focused purely on the defensive side of the game last year while really putting next to no level of interest on the offensive side of things and also noted that he wanted to make a real effort to add that element to his game this season. So far this year, I'm seeing far more offensive pinches and decision making in general that is really adding that extra element to his game. Not only is he continuing to do the "heavy lifting" on the defensive side of things but he now seems capable of making offensive oriented decisions while facing the other teams top players.

Now obviously he is still hemmed in the d-zone more often then not which is mainly due to the fact that he faces top competition to go along with the Sens tendency to sit back at times but even with his poor analytics I think he's doing quite the admirable job in an extremely tough role. I'm happy he's part of this team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
First 6-7 games he was all you could ask for. The past few... pretty bad. Inhate blaming things other than the players themselves but there should just something that goes on between oahneuf And ceci. And it's just horrible. Maybe phaneuf being the ooolder vet makes ceci too comfortable and he seems to think he has the license to start defending like a chicken without a head? I have no idea.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
If he were with another team (Ceci) would we what to trade for him? and what would be the cost?

I do not see him as a Top 4 for us in 3 years.

In 2019 I'm thinking Claesson & Karlsson, Chabot (L) & Jaros (R), Harpur & maybe Lajoie or Englund. Somebody else will be acquired in the time in between I'm sure as well. If Ceci does stay he'd slot in with Harpur I'd think. Wideman, Borowiecki and Phaneuf will have moved on in any case.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If he were with another team (Ceci) would we what to trade for him? and what would be the cost?

In 2019 I'm thinking Claesson & Karlsson, Chabot (L) & Jaros (R), Harpur & maybe Lajoie or Englund. Somebody else will be acquired in the time in between I'm sure as well. If Ceci does stay he'd slot in with Harpur I'd think. Wideman, Borowiecki and Phaneuf will have moved on in any case.

Englund - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Harpur - Jaros/Boroweicki

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

He could easily be top 2 in three years. We have very little on the right hand side, and if Karlsson leaves, we are really short.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Still wish we picked maattaa instead but oh well I didn't accept the scouting position. My bad

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Maata is the guy in every playoff series that the other team targets.

I guess it doesn't necessarily work because he has two straight cups. butbyeah maata not so good.

Ceci needs to be taken away from phaneuf. Forever. Like give him ten straight games without phaneuf. And vice versa.

Reactions: aragorn

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Maata is the guy in every playoff series that the other team targets.

I guess it doesn't necessarily work because he has two straight cups. butbyeah maata not so good.

Ceci needs to be taken away from phaneuf. Forever. Like give him ten straight games without phaneuf. And vice versa.
Ceci & Phaneuf are like oil and water. When they're ok the ice it's basically a lost shift for us since it's bound to be in our own zone.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
So what's his next contract looking like? Im saying his camp will be looking for something around 8x$5M.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I could see Ceci easily getting 5mil for 4 years compared to signings across league for 2nd pairing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->