Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
General remark

Ignorance of the HF rules is not an excuse. HERE are the rules. Know them and abide by them.

They are not open for discussion. Freedom of speech is not applicable to a privately owned site like HF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Personal attacks

I hate bringing this up in every single thread on the history board: We do not allow personal attacks.

I'm getting so sick and tired of repeating myself, and I *will* be giving out infractions, thread bans, and whatever else that I need to do to clean this section up.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Thread-hijacking and off-topic posts

More and more, we have been having problems with posters hijacking multiple topics to discuss their pet topic or favorite player(s). Having your favorite topic is fine, but it is not fine to derail discussion about anything else to talk about your favorite topic in every thread. Doing so is inconsiderate to everyone else who wants to talk about the subject of a thread, and is considered thread-hjacking, a violation of site-rules.

If you want to talk about a certain topic, find a thread where it is on-topic or start a new thread.

If you have any questions about this, please PM one of the other moderators of the History Board.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Discuss the history of the sport, not other posters or their motivations

This board exists to discuss the history of the sport in a civil manner. It is NOT the place to discuss other poster.

Some examples of recent behavior over the last few months:
  • Accusing posters who don't share your views of the history of the sport of pushing an agenda
  • Accusing posters who don't share your views of the history of the sport of deliberately ignoring reality.
  • Accusing posters who don't share your views on certain players of being "haters" or "biased."
  • Going out of one's way to "call out" other posters by name
Talk about hockey, talk about hockey players. STOP discussing the motivations of other posters.

Any questions, please private message an History Board moderator. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->