COC Emergency Meeting: Bertuzzi to be REMOVED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Typical reactionary move by the COC

[url]http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=147944&hubName=main[/url]

Regarding Bertuzzi being selected by Hockey Canada.
These idiots in the COC are no different than your average bureaucrats or politicians, always trying to "protect" themselves and thinking they know what is best for us all.
As someone who has broken their neck while in a hockey game and ended up in a wheelchair for life, happened in 1994, I have no beef with Bertuzzi's selection whatsoever.
These politicians/bureaucrats are nothing but reactionists and would be the 1st in line to congratulate Todd if he scored a GWG.
If I'm Bob Nicholson, Wayne Gretzky or any of the three coaches, I'd tell the COC to stick a sock in it or pull the whole roster and go with amateurs.
So much for forgiveness, by the "tolerant".
Meh...
Randy

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Let's bring as much attention as we can to this.

Maybe the COC should have told Gretzky from the start that they will not make Bertuzzi available to select.

Rakiet*

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=147944&hubname=nhl
Less than 24 hours after Hockey Canada named its Men's Hockey Team for Turin, the Canadian Olympic Committee has voiced its opinion over the selection of Todd Bertuzzi.

Mojo 730 in Vancouver reports that the COC held its regular conference call on Thursday and expressed concern over the Canucks forward being named to the team. The COC has also called an emergency meeting for 2pm et/11am pt to review the roster.

This will be interesting, I don't think they'll delete his name from the roster but it would be interesting to see who would come off the taxi squad and who the taxi squad replacement player would be

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Screw the COC, pull the whole roster and let the COC pick their amateurs!:madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
no way would the COC remove Bertuzzi off the roster. I think it's just the candian media trying to make a story out of nothing. If the COC didn't want Bertuzzi on the team they would have told Gretzky and Co before they made there selections to avoid the media circus that would errupt if they did remove him.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Al Strachan made a good point on The Score yesterday.
"These people contribute nothing to the Canadian team or the NHL or the teams." "I'd just ignore them."
He said more than that but he made a good point.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Not to :deadhorse , but it really doesn't help Bertuzzi when they post stuff like this in their article

"Bertuzzi became the poster boy for violence in hockey for his March 8, 2004, punch from behind that broke Colorado forward Steve Moore's neck and may have ended his hockey career. "

"'Broken' neck" and "ended career" had nothing to do with each other. As bad as the incident was, I dont see why TSN has to misrepresent the facts to make it sound as bad as possible.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Bob McKenzie wrote about this yesterday, before the team was named, so Hockey Canada's management knew this was a possibility.

"As for Bertuzzi, sources suggest Hockey Canada is getting some heat from the Canadian Olympic Association to not name the forward to Team Canada because of his past transgression with Steve Moore, but Bertuzzi appears to be solidly in Hockey Canada's top 13 forwards and is almost assuredly to be announced on Wednesday.

Technically, it is the COC which officially sanctions and endorses all Canadian Olympians so it will be up to the COC bureaucrats to decide if they're going to let the hockey guys do their thing or they're going to try sticking their fingers into the pie."

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=147713

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->