Coaching Tools - Agility Ladder

Heaton29

Aug 9, 2005
I am running a skills camp for high school age kids this summer and I want to build about six agility ladders (about 8-10 feet long each). In a group like this forum, I am assuming that some other coaches have probably done this before. Since I am not looking to reinvent the wheel, I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some tips on what has worked for them. What are the best materials to use? Would anyone have a design that you would recommend? Any suggestions would be a huge help.

Thanks guys.

Kevin

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Use a spongy, thick material. Don't use anything hard because people can wreck their ankles if they land the wrong way. I sprained my ankle using a wooden one once.

RedK

Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
There used to be instructions on one of the goalie BBs for building them out of rope and thin pvc pipe, but I couldn't find it. However I remember that several people built them using those materials and all said it worked great and wasn't very expensive.

Heaton29

Aug 9, 2005
Thank you for your help. I was thinking the best way to make them would probably be with rope for the sides and PVC pipe for the rungs of the ladder. I am gonna give it a shot and I will let you guys know how it works out in case any body else is thinking of making some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad