Coaching Discussion: Jon Cooper - Part 2

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed, but dead weight and players that aren't contributors should be expendable. Our bottom six is lacking. The guys with size are not good, the small guys are fast but not incredibly productive. Eyssimont, Paul, and Glendening are fine. Motte lived up to his contract but I would rather explore another option. To me, he's a clone of Glendening without face-off abilities. The bottom six is lifeless in terms of wearing down the opponent.
Lifeless is a good word. During peak years, the bottom six had a lot of character, to say the least. We came by our bad reputation honestly.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
So you think Sheary was just Cooper going rogue and demanding small forwards? What planet are you people on? They signed him because he scored 14, 19, and 15 goals over the last 3 seasons - right at the target production we wanted for a third line tweener. It just so happened he didn't pan out like expected, and I don't see them moving him or getting anything of value for him, so lets hope next season he'll pull a Hagel and produce.

Don't think for a second that guys don't want to play here - its still a premier spot, for a number of reasons, the only thing stopping us is the salary cap.

So you don’t think Cooper has a big say in what players this team is getting? If you don’t think they tried the same formula and failed badly than I don’t know what to say.
I’m not on the same planet as some fans with their heads buried in coopers lap that’s for sure where he can do no wrong.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
So you don’t think Cooper has a big say in what players this team is getting? If you don’t think they tried the same formula and failed badly than I don’t know what to say.
I’m not on the same planet as some fans with their heads buried in coopers lap that’s for sure where he can do no wrong.
What formula?! Cooper has a say but if you think he was the guy that went to Julien and said "find me a dwarfish hockey player that can score a couple goals, bring me Conor Sheary" i'll sell you some beautiful untouched real estate in the Sunrise area.

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
JBB: What does this team need?

Coop: It would be nice to get a few goals from the bottom six.

JBB: Let me see who's out there.

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad