Coaching change??

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
We won't know what this team is capable of until we can spend another $10m a year. Period.

Blowing it up before then is probably a bad idea. As tempting as it is.

Needs more anger. Too rational.

The cap is also expected to rise a pretty penny, so that $10 million more we need to spend goes up as well relative to the cap. So even with extensions, we probably need to spend more to move into that financially competitive zone. We have no problem other than what the new owner is really willing to spend.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I think we have waited enough. Francis said by himself, that we have to make playoff this year, or it will be considered a failure year. Francis have to do something now, not just sit on his hands and do nothing.

Francis HAS to say this. The players (and fans) have to believe “this is the year.” Doing something now doesn’t work if the right deal isn’t there. My bet is that we’ll be all-in on Tavares. I hope he likes BBQ.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
mfw waiting for the canes to do something

7J3YRds.gif

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Holy f***, you all think the solution to our problems is replacing the 4th line with some prospects? Is that going make Faulk stop being f***ing terrible? Is that going to make Derek Ryan a viable top 6 center? Is that going to make Darling stop a f***ing puck? There are 50 issues that I'd address before benching guys that have played their roles relatively well.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Holy ****, you all think the solution to our problems is replacing the 4th line with some prospects? Is that going make Faulk stop being ****ing terrible? Is that going to make Derek Ryan a viable top 6 center? Is that going to make Darling stop a ****ing puck? There are 50 issues that I'd address before benching guys that have played their roles relatively well.
So what the **** is with all the asterisks? Asking for a ******* friend.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Holy ****, you all think the solution to our problems is replacing the 4th line with some prospects? Is that going make Faulk stop being ****ing terrible? Is that going to make Derek Ryan a viable top 6 center? Is that going to make Darling stop a ****ing puck? There are 50 issues that I'd address before benching guys that have played their roles relatively well.

97de8e92f791f9b1df5c2ae7936670f3e817cab1d8c8e340adbecaf868997dd2.jpg

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
There will be Bill Peters hate too.

Bottom line is that no coach is going to actually be successful here, so we hate the boring guys who try and mitigate the damage. Coaching in Carolina must be a lot like being a goalie in Carolina.
Of course there will be BP hate but no coach has gotten the venom as Maurice has. It could be because of ties to the organization and being recycled but many have just developed a knee-jerk response and become haters by extension. Sure, his clutch-and-grab trap in the early 2000's was boring but with no salary cap how else would they compete with that roster?

He ran a modified system when he came back but so many chalked it up to the trap again, which it wasn't. Almost like a confirmation bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad