Coaches - Players (Beefs)

Danny46

Dec 28, 2015
What are some of the most famous beefs between coaches and players?

Mario Tremblay - Patrick Roy

Mike Keenan - Brett Hull

Mike Keenan - Steve Yzerman

Ron Wilson - Phil Kessel

Scotty Bowman - Paul Coffey

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Neilson-Messier
Sator-Pavelich (most of the Rangers such as Larouche had problems w/Sator as well)

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Keenan - Linden
Keenan - Gelinas
Keenan - Maclean
Keenan - Joseph
Keenan - Shanahan
Keenan - Huselius
Keenan - Hawerchuk
Keenan - Duschesne
Keenan - Hasek

And many more that I cba to type now

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Coach/player beefs are not at all uncommon. It's just a matter of how public they are. Hitchcock, like keenan, is a guy who seems to have multiple guys who have spoken publicly about him.

I believe roenick called him a miserable son of a bitch, or something to that extent at one point.

Shutt spoke of bowman and how they hated him for 364 days, and then you lift the Stanley cup.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Coach/player beefs are not at all uncommon. It's just a matter of how public they are. Hitchcock, like keenan, is a guy who seems to have multiple guys who have spoken publicly about him.

I believe roenick called him a miserable son of a bitch, or something to that extent at one point.

Shutt spoke of bowman and how they hated him for 364 days, and then you lift the Stanley cup.

that's why having an assistant coach the players like is so important.

for example, you should hear the way the canucks talk about rick bowness. objectively a bad coach. he handled the dmen and never ever had them prepared to change the gameplan or adjust to different kinds of teams or even play with different partners when an injury hit midgame/midseries.

but they loved that guy. the room needed him to be the kind uncle when vigneault was pissing them off. i didn't think so at the time, because i never heard what was going on in the room, but in recent times, as players have been talking openly about the dynamics of that team, i think the good bowness brought to the team outweighed the harm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad