Co-Op PC Game Recommendations

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A friend and I recently finished Borderlands 2 and are looking for another co-op gaming experience.

We tried Divinity : Original Sin but the micromanagement was so laborious in the style that we play that we agreed to play it separately.

We played a bit of Torchlight 2 as well.

I’d prefer something with some form of progression but not something that requires 8 hours of gameplay per session.

I’m up for any genre really as long as it’s fun, can be done is reasonably short sessions and is cooperative.

What do you got?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I've been playing Sea of Thieves on PC with a 2 week XBOX games pass trial, only played a few hours but it's been fun so far, worth checking out imo.

Portal 2 is a must if you haven't already played it's coop campaign.
Cuphead if you can play local.
Battleblock Theatre is quite fun.
Viscera Cleanup Detail is hilarious to play once in a while.
Human Fall Flat is short, but great fun.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Fornite BR mode is a blast with friends. Learning together can be a very fun experience, and it's also Free To Play.
Castle Crashers is a classic, if you haven't played it def give it a go.
L4D 1/2 is really fun on PC to this day.
Civ 4 is really fun CO-OP, I haven't bought 5 yet but a bunch of my friend are on the multiplayer regularly so i assume it's also really good.

I recommended Overcooked earlier, but I just realized it's only offline co-op.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I’m having quite a bit of fun with Warhammer: Vermintide 2. Coop hack n slash rpg style game with a loot grind. I’ve yet to actually play with a friend, but it’s a good time just using the matchmaking so I’m sure it’s even better with friends.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So A Way Out releases tomorrow. Seems to be a true coop game in a sense that you can not play as single player. Has both online and local coop.

Also you will need only one copy of the game which is really cool.

Game writer-director and master of profanity Josef Fares is prepping his follow-up to the critically acclaimed Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, a co-op prison break game called A Way Out. The game is unique in that it requires two players, either through local splitscreen or through online play—and Fares confirmed that only one copy is necessary for local co-op, in an on-brand profane tweet.
Josef Fares✔@josef_fares
If you wanna play #AWayOut with your friend online, you only buy one copy. #f***BuyingTwoCopies
6:06 AM - Dec 11, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The game is played from a third-person perspective, and follows the characters Leo and Vincent, two convicted prisoners who band together in order to escape. The two players experience the stories of their respective character separately and in parallel, which can result in cases of one player in gameplay and another watching a cutscene simultaneously. The players progress through solving puzzles or completing tasks in different roles together

A Way Out Only Requires One Copy for Online Co-op Play

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Thanks folks.

I've been following the Sea of Thieves thread in particular and it looks promising. Can you play with 2? Do you need 3 or more?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Thanks folks.

I've been following the Sea of Thieves thread in particular and it looks promising. Can you play with 2? Do you need 3 or more?

You can absolutely play with two, although two or less and you probably want to play in the sloop rather than the galleon.

At the risk of repeating myself from the other thread, I would opt to play it using the game pass subscription instead of buying it outright. It's an absolute riot with friends, but I'm afraid it's a bit threadbare for a $60/$80 game.

I'll add Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime to the fun co-op experience list, but unfortunately I believe it is only local co-op.

Last edited:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Thanks folks.

Sea of Thieves might be a game you guys want to wait off for a year to play. A lot of the people that have played have been saying that it has potential, but it is not there yet and might get there through expansion.

I also agree with Portal 2, that was an awesome experience. I'd also recommend Divinity:Original Sin 2(Edit*, saw your OP) and Overcooked(the wife can play as well!)

Man I loved Borderlands 2.

I remember when I played it on PC, I went weeks without finding a legendary, when I played on the 360 for the first time with friends I got one from the very first boss lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad