CNNSI: 11 Players To Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
He plays at North Dakota. Big ice.

Toews and UND play on a NHL rink. They do have access to an olympic sized practice rink. I guess he would have some experience on the big sheet.

Kane is the name I was looking for.

eSabre

Dec 14, 2002
Nashville, TN
3rdmanin.wordpress.com
Toews and UND play on a NHL rink. They do have access to an olympic sized practice rink. I guess he would have some experience on the big sheet.

Kane is the name I was looking for.
I knew one of their rinks was international size. Wasn't sure if it was their main one (couldn't find confirmation either way). There are also other schools UND plays that have the big rinks.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Once again, no love for Steve Downie. All what he does is come up huge at these types of tournaments. He helped shut down Phil Kessel and Evgeni Malkin last year. All what he did is score goals at critical points in the game. All what he did was get named as one of the best forwards of the tournament. Yet, he still isn't named as one of the players to watch. Is it just me or is there something not right with this picture?

Ogopogo*

9. Tuukka Rask, G, Finland
(Boston Bruins)

Watching Andrew Raycroft struggle in the net of late has to be painful for fans of the Maple Leafs. But as they watch the WJC, it's only going to get worse.
Rask, the player Toronto sent to Boston in exchange for Raycroft, looks ready to emerge as the next great Finnish goaltender. At 19, he already ranks as one of the top stoppers in the SM-Liiga, and has the kind of off-the-charts ability that allows him to win games all by himself. That may come in handy. For the Finns to medal, Rask will have to be the tournament's top stopper.
=========================================

This will go down as JFJ's worst move ever.

With all of the bad moves JFJ has made, that's really saying something. :amazed:

Ogopogo*

Once again, no love for Steve Downie. All what he does is come up huge at these types of tournaments. He helped shut down Phil Kessel and Evgeni Malkin last year. All what he did is score goals at critical points in the game. All what he did was get named as one of the best forwards of the tournament. Yet, he still isn't named as one of the players to watch. Is it just me or is there something not right with this picture?

The kid is a complete A-Hole and that will hurt his NHL career. He strikes me as a Darcy Tucker with less talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad