CNNSI: 11 Players To Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Parent and Staal were an amazing combo last year at the WJC. Most notably shutting down the likes of Both Kessel and Malkin.

Hope they have the chemistry again for this run.

vcx*

I'm looking forward to watching Okposo, Toews, Rask and Frolik. The rest i don't care about. Erik Johnson is good but i see enough defenseman do that sorta thing already.

vbet*

9. Tuukka Rask, G, Finland
(Boston Bruins)

Watching Andrew Raycroft struggle in the net of late has to be painful for fans of the Maple Leafs. But as they watch the WJC, it's only going to get worse.
Rask, the player Toronto sent to Boston in exchange for Raycroft, looks ready to emerge as the next great Finnish goaltender. At 19, he already ranks as one of the top stoppers in the SM-Liiga, and has the kind of off-the-charts ability that allows him to win games all by himself. That may come in handy. For the Finns to medal, Rask will have to be the tournament's top stopper.
=========================================

This will go down as JFJ's worst move ever.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Admittedly biased (as a Coyote fan) but I think Mueller and Hanzal will be ones to watch this tourney.

They are both top scorers in the WHL and should be instrumental on their teams this World Juniors.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Okposo and Gagner.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Admittedly biased (as a Coyote fan) but I think Mueller and Hanzal will be ones to watch this tourney.

They are both top scorers in the WHL and should be instrumental on their teams this World Juniors.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Okposo and Gagner.

I agree but more Mueller than Hanzal. I'm kinda shocked Mueller wasn't mentioned just due to how highly touted he is and how much he's tearing up the WHL.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Is Backstrom that good???

I am starting to wonder if he'll even turn out to be a 100 point player in the NHL.

Bäckström just continues to surprise all the time. Although he has sky-high expectations. I don't think any other of these is even close to scoring more than a point per game in a top MEN's league.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Bäckström just continues to surprise all the time. Although he has sky-high expectations. I don't think any other of these is even close to scoring more than a point per game in a top MEN's league.
Bergfors has close to a point per game in a top mens league.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Bergfors has close to a point per game in a top mens league.

But from the look of it, he looks like one or two or even three steps behind Bäckas in pretty much everything ^^ guess that says more about the AHL than the players.

Bergfors is a VERY talented player, but he was not even near SEL quality when he went over and became a decent player in the AHL overnight ;)

Bäckström is arguably the best or at worst second best player in the SEL. When Bergforss left he would've probably ranked among the 120 best players to play in the SEL that particular season, but not much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->