Clipped Wings to play without Parrish

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

GM Niece today confirmed that Mark Parrish, the teams leading scorer, will not be ready to play for today’s game. This will be the first game that Mark has missed a game this season as he continues to recover from a concussion dealt to him by Chicago’s Todd Simpson late in Sunday’s game.

After an early season loss to their nemesis, Chicago, Detroit's fortune has turned around for which a reasonable share of credit is due to Mark Parrish. Parrish has been a Hawk killer all season having tallied 5 goals and 4 assists in the 5 games against the Blackhawks this season.
Late in the 3rd, when it became apparent that the Blackhawks were about to lose their 4th consecutive game to the Wings, things started to become increasingly physical. Parrish had parked himself near the net looking to add an insurance marker when he was crossed checked from behind by Todd Simpson. Parrish turned to confront his cowardly attacker and a scrum soon ensued during which Parrish lost his balance and struck his head on the cross bar. While Parrish was forced to leave the game with a mild concussion team physicians have given him clearance to resume light workouts and the team hopes to see him back by Thursday when they face the Panthers.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
thats it next time we play I'm putting Simpson and Worrell on the top lines. If you can't beat them I say beat them.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dryden said:
thats it next time we play I'm putting Simpson and Worrell on the top lines. If you can't beat them I say beat them.

In some people's eye this is considered tanking :teach: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad