Cut/Released: Cliff Avril

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think his career could be over. Was always a solid player but I believe his recent injury may prevent him from playing again.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If he's able to play, I'd love the Rams to add him for a year.
Given that the Hawks have already shed the contracts of Sherman and Bennett, they have enough cap room. All of the big names in FA are signed. It's the lower level guys that are left in free agency.

So, if Avril was likely to play again, I think Seattle keeps him.

But, this is why players like Thomas want a new contract. Avril had a year left on his deal with no more guaranteed money. So, no major financial impact for the Hawks to cut him. Thomas wants to protect himself. No different than Chancellor last season. If he didn't get an extension early in the season, his career is over, given his neck injury and the type of game he plays.

This move was expected.

Not sure what Seattle expects out of themselves this coming season.

Aside from Wilson, Baldwin, Brown, Lockett the rest of the offence is just meh. Unproven RB, Britt is decent a C, then the other 3 OL appear to be Fluker on his 3rd team in 5 years since he was drafted. 3rd year man Ifedi at RT who didn't look good last year. 2nd year man Pocic at G. And Fant, 3rd year man who is a converted Basketball player who could move to RT after his ACL tear. TE is Dickson, who is more a #2 TE. 3rd WR is likely Darbough or Brown. Not exactly a group that will light it up.

And the D, not really sure who is the expected starter at CB to take over for Sherman? Think they are hoping that reclamation projects of Smith & Jordan pan out more this season. And Kam's spot taken by one of their safeties from the 2017 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->