Cleaning Hockey Gear

redbranch

Sep 24, 2007
bridgewater,nj
Or just throw your stuff in a front loader. Worked wonders for me on the slowest, most gentle setting.

Obviously you don't want to wash them all the time, so I recommend getting a Rocket Sports Dryer and hanging your gear there. If not, make a gear hanger yourself. Wash only when the smell gets a bit strong. Don't wait until it molds.

That's pretty much my system with my son's gear. Rocket Dryer after practices and games, and maybe once a month I put the stuff in the washing machine on the hand wash setting, then 15 minutes on low in the dryer, then the Rocket Dryer again

macgyverthatshiz

Apr 3, 2010
North Carolina
Here is what I do and it works amazingly, and you kill 2 birds with one stone. I just throw all of my crap in the back of my truck and drive through the jet blast car wash. Easy and labor free, and you get a clean truck out of the deal.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
When you do use a front loader though, make sure you do separate washes.

The only things I throw into my washer are gloves and shoulder pads, as they are the most foul smelling things in my equipment bag. As a result, I don't have to worry about equipment velcros tangling up.

Everything else has been relatively odour-free for the last year.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Ive had the same set of gear for about a year now and w/ a fair amount of wear and never sprayed it or use a special method and it still doesnt stink.

All i do is take it out the bag, lay it on the floor of my basement and let it air dry..

Idk if its because its cooler in the lower level of my house that combats odor but i it just works for me...

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Washing Roller Hockey Gear...

So every week after my roller games, i hand wash my hockey pants and compression shorts with cup in my bathtub. Its extremely tedious and i hate it. Do any of you throw these things in the washer on low and then hang dry?

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
So every week after my roller games, i hand wash my hockey pants and compression shorts with cup in my bathtub. Its extremely tedious and i hate it. Do any of you throw these things in the washer on low and then hang dry?

Take a look through this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad