Confirmed Trade: [CLB/VGK] Keegan Kolesar for the 45th pick

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Kolesar was one of the prospects I wanted for Vegas in the rumored CBJ expansion trade.

Very happy with this. Send him to the AHL and hope he gets a spot in the bottom 6 with the Wolves.

Pick 45 was likely 4-5 years away

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A steal?
Crystal ball time here.
AFAIK, Texier could become a much better NHLer than Kolesar.

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
I like it for Vegas. It's not a sure thing but power forwards are hard to project and Kolesar looks like he is developing better than most.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I like it for Vegas. It's not a sure thing but power forwards are hard to project and Kolesar looks like he is developing better than most.

Has more skill then I think some realize. Vegas should be very very pleased with what they are getting. As a Columbus fan I am very very disappointed, aside from Dubois he was my favorite Columbus prospect

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Kolasar was brutal in the Memorial cup...
never impressed me hen he faced tougher competition...

we'll see...

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Vegas needs some waiver-eligible men for their AHL squad

Thats the exact reason this deal was made.

Can't have all these 18 year old prospects that are years away from the NHL having to get new contracts at the same time.

They had to be staggered a bit, which is why if Methot / Emelin are moved, it will be for picks in future drafts.

Also, McPhee seems to love the PWF type as a compliment to his skill players in the top 9 i.e. Wilson.

Kolesar would be a great compliment to Glass and / or Suzuki if he develops as he could.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Kolesar will be a valuable player for the Vegas franchise. He's big, physical, a leader, and has a bit of scoring to boot.

On the other hand, I think the Jackets were very high on Texier.

Hopefully this trade works out for every party involved. For Vegas by getting a good player in Kolesar. For Columbus for picking up a bit of a project but a player with good upside. For Kolesar for going to a franchise which will give him perhaps a bigger role next year than what he'd get in Columbus or Cleveland. And for Texier who won't be rushed and will hopefully be developed either here in North America (CHL?) or in either the SHL or Liiga.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Kolesar will be a valuable player for the Vegas franchise. He's big, physical, a leader, and has a bit of scoring to boot.

On the other hand, I think the Jackets were very high on Texier.

Hopefully this trade works out for every party involved. For Vegas by getting a good player in Kolesar. For Columbus for picking up a bit of a project but a player with good upside. For Kolesar for going to a franchise which will give him perhaps a bigger role next year than what he'd get in Columbus or Cleveland. And for Texier who won't be rushed and will hopefully be developed either here in North America (CHL?) or in either the SHL or Liiga.

I would have to disagree with the bigger role. Don't see him as an NHL player just yet with no pro experience, and the Wolves are a very deep team that are very reluctant to play rookies in significant roles.

He may be relegated to a 4th forward / 13th forward role in Chicago.

If he impresses, he may get a consistent bottom 6 role which would be the best case scenario for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad