Claude Julien - What is the plan with our Roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Loved how Julien, yet again finds ways to criticize Galchenyuk's game and benches him for the latter part of the game, yet Pacioretty gets a pass.

Reactions: dralaf and Mrb1p

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Loved how Julien, yet again finds ways to criticize Galchenyuk's game and benches him for the latter part of the game, yet Pacioretty gets a pass.
Julien's no dummy. He knows how the Montreal market works. You've got your get-off-free players and your scapegoats. Casper, Drouin, Pleks are clearly in the former camp and Chucky is locked in the sub-basement of the latter.

Hire retread coaches, get retread results. Duh. Only in Montreal.

Reactions: dralaf and Habs178

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Claude breaks our balls with his non-logical choices in overtimes. We know that OT it's heads or tails, but damn stop try to punish AG one of our best offense during this type of play by using your square hands gang. At the end of the day, you penalize all your team and you put yourself in the shit for nothing. Have the courage to assume your own choices before throwing the disapproval on others(and at the wrong person)

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Julien's no dummy. He knows how the Montreal market works. You've got your get-off-free players and your scapegoats. Casper, Drouin, Pleks are clearly in the former camp and Chucky is locked in the sub-basement of the latter.

Hire retread coaches, get retread results. Duh. Only in Montreal.

That’s the truth, but still disappointed, funny thing is who is the Montreal market? The fans first. And I’m hearing tons of heated discussions about “the camps”. Even the media is starting to turn on that mindset. It just took a losing season for the discussion to open up. But we started winning again so all is well. I’m genuinely hoping this team tanks so that the real conversations about this franchise start, I’m honestly disappointed when they win. Not a thread about Pacioretty but he goes on the air a few days ago and says he’s happy with how he’s playing, that says it all. Even if you need to feed some BS to the media, you don’t start praising yourself when it’s clear you’ve been subpar. Pretty good parallel to this team, all is well, the solution is in the locker room..biggest pile of crap I’ve read.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Not impress with his work so far

Tought we should bring him back on the first page thread......after all he's still the Habs coach :laugh:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
The good the bad and the is it good or bad

The bad

Takes foreever to make line adjustement to give a spark to his team during games
Takes forever to make PP adjustment (choice of players on the PP) for example Patch still on the 1st unit
System Wise, well the less we can say is that it's not working right now

The Good

Very polite most of the time with the press
Speak a more fluid and comprehensive English than another coach we had

Is it good or bad, i dont know

Makes for alot less entertaining hfhabs thread than another coach we had

But i guess we have to give him a little more time, after all he's been here for only 4 hockey months

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Very disappointed in the coach so far. I expected coaching to make us look better than we have shown. And the Galchenyuk mistreatment is just not smart. Why would you de-value an asset like this? As usual almost every single one of our first round picks have less value after we get our mitts on them and put them through hell.

To me it's simple...put Galchenyuk in a position to succeed...to do his thing...if you don't deem him good enough to win a cup for you, then you trade him and get something for him when his value is high. Destroying is value helps nobody except whoever buys low on him.

Disappointed in CJ so far.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Yesterday I came up with a new conspiracy theory: Claude disliked the CH so much during his 10 years with the Bruins that he took this job to make them suffer :p

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Claude Julien is the worst coach since Mario Tremblay.
Clode isn't even the worst coach we've had in the past year. Sorry, but Therrien is the worst coach this team has ever had. Worse that Tremblay. He actively went out of his way to ruin things.

As for CJ, never been a fan. But he's miles ahead of MT.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Clode isn't even the worst coach we've had in the past year. Sorry, but Therrien is the worst coach this team has ever had. Worse that Tremblay. He actively went out of his way to ruin things.

As for CJ, never been a fan. But he's miles ahead of MT.

Not that Im a MT fan, far from it to tell you the truth. Hes part of the old generation too that goes with the saying my way or the highway. Same can be said with Clode.

I think these day with the younger generation of player you need more a coach player that will listen to them and pampers them to make sure they feel comfortable and build momentum and confidence.

Its a new generation , we have to adapt. Back then coach were coaching man, now they are coaching kids. Big difference IMO.

Its true some old coaches were able to adapt to the new generation but few in my mind were able to do so.

But when Im comparing MT to Clode I have to side with MT. When he was coaching we always started strong in the season. The team was ready and they seems to work more together. Of course we had different player but honestly I have to admit it is a weaker team now but not by a big margin. We should have better results then what we are getting right now. ( couldnt be more happier because i want MB gone bad, whatever it takes ).

Clode decisions so far in many areas have been mind boggling to stay polite. He already seems to have lost his locker and they play with no emotion at all. Make me more pissed off at MB that we have CJ for the next 4 seasons. Hes one of the highest paid coach FFS.

No disrespect to Claude, he had a great career but now I think the new NHL as past him. He didnt adapt well. You would think he would have done some retrospection after the Seguin fiasco but we are seeing the same thing with Galchy.

Im very disapointed in Claude's work so far with the CH.

At this point in their career I believe MT is a better coach than Clode.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Not that Im a MT fan, far from it to tell you the truth. Hes part of the old generation too that goes with the saying my way or the highway. Same can be said with Clode.

I think these day with the younger generation of player you need more a coach player that will listen to them and pampers them to make sure they feel comfortable and build momentum and confidence.

Its a new generation , we have to adapt. Back then coach were coaching man, now they are coaching kids. Big difference IMO.

Its true some old coaches were able to adapt to the new generation but few in my mind were able to do so.

But when Im comparing MT to Clode I have to side with MT. When he was coaching we always started strong in the season. The team was ready and they seems to work more together. Of course we had different player but honestly I have to admit it is a weaker team now but not by a big margin. We should have better results then what we are getting right now. ( couldnt be more happier because i want MB gone bad, whatever it takes ).

Clode decisions so far in many areas have been mind boggling to stay polite. He already seems to have lost his locker and they play with no emotion at all. Make me more pissed off at MB that we have CJ for the next 4 seasons. Hes one of the highest paid coach FFS.

No disrespect to Claude, he had a great career but now I think the new NHL as past him. He didnt adapt well. You would think he would have done some retrospection after the Seguin fiasco but we are seeing the same thing with Galchy.

Im very disapointed in Claude's work so far with the CH.

At this point in their career I believe MT is a better coach than Clode.
MT a better coach? Didn't you see the video of him swearing at PK, and players coming out like DD saying how condescending he is... MT is a piece of sh*t human, i'm sure the vast majority of players who played for him dislike him. I wouldn't expect him to p*ss on someone who was on fire to put out the flames, "It's up to him to get outtavit" -MT.

I understand why Boston got rid of Clode now because his coaching style won't work anymore and he's way to slow to adjust to anything.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
MT a better coach? Didn't you see the video of him swearing at PK, and players coming out like DD saying how condescending he is... MT is a piece of sh*t human, i'm sure the vast majority of players who played for him dislike him. I wouldn't expect him to p*ss on someone who was on fire to put out the flames, "It's up to him to get outtavit" -MT.

I understand why Boston got rid of Clode now because his coaching style won't work anymore and he's way to slow to adjust to anything.

Dont get me wrong, I didnt like MT more than the next guy. I think his time has passed too. But between the two, MT was IMO doing a better job with the team.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Dont get me wrong, I didnt like MT more than the next guy. I think his time has passed too. But between the two, MT was IMO doing a better job with the team.

I think the part you are missing in your analysis is that Carey Price was making MT coaching looks a lot better than it was. In fact, if Price was playing today like he was 2 years ago we wouldn't see much complaints about CJ because we would be winning a lot more.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I think the part you are missing in your analysis is that Carey Price was making MT coaching looks a lot better than it was. In fact, if Price was playing today like he was 2 years ago we wouldn't see much complaints about CJ because we would be winning a lot more.

Yeah, I dont really buy that argument. My philosophy is the team make the goaltender, not the other way around.

We had great season with many differents goaltenders. Theo, Halak, Huet. Price is no savior IMO

Aug 25, 2009
éal
One thing I like from Claude, is that the dman are not afraid to pitch in to support the attack. Under MT, defenceman except for Subban were scared to death to go even a little bit deeper in the offensive zone.

Aside from that, I dont know. I cant hate him for putting Galchenyuk on the wing, cause this is clearly MB decision. At camp, Claude said Alex would get his chance at centre, then MB said otherwise and rest is history.

He tried really hard to find a 4th line that could work and it seem it will work. He gave Froese and Deslauriers more chance than I would have and now they are clicking.

I disapprove his 3v3 choice obviously. Plekanec there just make no sense.

MaxTheWhite

Mar 23, 2015
MT had better result with almost the same team than Julian, don't tell how 1 or 2 player make such a drastic change. The core is the same, its the same Goalie that you all called the Savior and all victory of the last 5 years are 100% on Price. So no excuse for Julien. I've always said than MT system always help goalie alot. Also recently Mike Yeo praised MT and he's sure he's gonna get a job soon. He must be a Pejorative Slur too, by defending one of the worst human being of the history. I mean he's only a coach of bad team right ? How does he know Therrien, maybe cause he as with him during 7 years with the Pens and he said good thing about him... Jeez how Pejorative Slur can you be right ?

I hope Julien gonna prove me wrong, but right now I was way more impressed when MT coached us.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Claude breaks our balls with his non-logical choices in overtimes. We know that OT it's heads or tails, but damn stop try to punish AG one of our best offense during this type of play by using your square hands gang. At the end of the day, you penalize all your team and you put yourself in the **** for nothing. Have the courage to assume your own choices before throwing the disapproval on others(and at the wrong person)

These are the types of decisions that you see when you give a coach a 5 year deal before he even coaches a game, the same thing happens when you give your GM a 5 year extension when he has done nothing. It can't end well.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

don't agree with that one bit......i see no improvement whatsoever,

CJ is at best an equal of MT.....MT is no worse then CJ

in hindsight i think Boucher would have been best

Reactions: Habs178
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->