Claude Giroux

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
LaLaLaprise said:
I seem to be in the minority here...dont like him much.

I expected that from you. I'm not saying you're not good at evaluating talent but I knew Giroux wasn't the kind of player you like.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
franchise player said:
I expected that from you. I'm not saying you're not good at evaluating talent but I knew Giroux wasn't the kind of player you like.

I would have to agree with LaLaLaprise there, he really isn't as good as Daniel Briere. I think he iwll have a hard time making it out of the AHL. He plays a really small game, he goes out there and once teams start to close in on him he is gone from the game. This thread is overrateing his talents by far.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
Why is that? Come on, how can you not cheer for a rookie who's scored 100 pts in his first junior season?

LOL i dont have anything against him but i think people are crazy to be comparing him to Briere and Brassard.

He isnt that great a skater...im not sure why people keep saying he is that fast.

He is very skilled so i agree that he has a high skill level but his skating is no where near Briere or Brassard.

I think a team would be absolutley off their rocker to take him in round 1.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm hearing so many good things about this guy in this thread and he really seems like an intriguing guy to watch come draft day, but my enthusiasm is somewhat limited because he plays in the Q and is small. Are his numbers merely a product of the league he plays in or is he actually the real deal? For instance, could you see him putting up the kind of numbers he did if he was in the western league? How much filling out can he do with the frame he's been given? Is he always going to be a small player and how effective is he when he's challenged physically or has he been yet?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jovofan said:
I'm hearing so many good things about this guy in this thread and he really seems like an intriguing guy to watch come draft day, but my enthusiasm is somewhat limited because he plays in the Q and is small. Are his numbers merely a product of the league he plays in or is he actually the real deal? For instance, could you see him putting up the kind of numbers he did if he was in the western league? How much filling out can he do with the frame he's been given? Is he always going to be a small player and how effective is he when he's challenged physically or has he been yet?

The OHL was just as high scoring as the QMJHL this past season.

I dont think he is a product of the league, he is a good player.

He grew from 5'04 to 5'10 in 1 year so im pretty sure all his growing is done...not many people grow that much in 1 year and keep growing.

But like I said, i see him more like a 2nd or 3rd round pick, he isnt sure fire, he may have trouble with the pro game because he is light.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
LaLaLaprise said:
The OHL was just as high scoring as the QMJHL this past season.

I dont think he is a product of the league, he is a good player.

He grew from 5'04 to 5'10 in 1 year so im pretty sure all his growing is done...not many people grow that much in 1 year and keep growing.

But like I said, i see him more like a 2nd or 3rd round pick, he isnt sure fire, he may have trouble with the pro game because he is light.
Well what I meant in terms of growth has more weight than height. Thanks for the information. It's always nice to talk to people from across the country who have seen these players play a lot because you can really get an idea of them if you haven't seen much of them yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->