Classless American coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harley

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
On MSNBC's front page the lead is 'No Canada' outlining Canada's defeat at the hands of the Russians. A smaller, less prominant story talks of the American loss.

Yeah right! Talk about classless. It is always so much easier to point and laugh at the misfortune of others while turning a blind eye to your own failures.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Harley said:
On MSNBC's front page the lead is 'No Canada' outlining Canada's defeat at the hands of the Russians. A smaller, less prominant story talks of the American loss.

Yeah right! Talk about classless. It is always so much easier to point and laugh at the misfortune of others while turning a blind eye to your own failures.
I'll take it as because the USA team sucks and nothing was expected out of them so this is a much bigger story.

flamesforevah

Feb 29, 2004
Harley said:

Or maybe they thought Russia beating Canada was the bigger upset, and therefore, the bigger story?

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Harley said:

:dunno: :shakehead

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Harley said:

Must we once again go down this us against them mentality :shakehead

Its a headline, a play on words. Who cares.

Let me also vent about one more thing. I vote "classless", "class" or "no class" as the most overused words and phrases on this board. :madfire:

SChan*

Kinbote said:
Wasn't it team Canada that was supposed to be the overwhelming favorite to win the gold? US on the other hand wasn't expected to do anything.

true.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
lennie said:
Let me also vent about one more thing. I vote "classless", "class" or "no class" as the most overused words and phrases on this board. :madfire:

Absolutely!!!!!

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
Harley said:

You are an absolute jackass. Canada losing is the bigger story. No one had US pegged as a favorite or even a medal contender! Grow up

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
Harley said:

You got it, just like Pierre McGuire with his conspiracy theory during the Switzerland-Canada game.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
ESPN.com, meanwhile, highlights the American loss with a huge front page headline ("Debacle On Ice") while having a much smaller sub-headline for the Canadian loss. CNN Headline News also reported on the American loss a few minutes ago with not a word about Canada.

But if you want to cherry pick one news outlet's way of reporting it and label it as "Classless American coverage", go ahead.

Last edited:

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Harley said:

Canada lost, so you have nothing to do but try to find something wrong with American coverage? :biglaugh: Canada was the favorite for the Gold, they got shutout for the 3rd time in the tourney, that's bigger news than the US losing to 5-0 Finland.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Big Bill said:
You are an absolute jackass. Canada losing is the bigger story. No one had US pegged as a favorite or even a medal contender! Grow up

HOOOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Airborne ;)

NAI77

Feb 18, 2006
NY
Harley said:

MSNBC has no class, they are a totally classless organization and I am ashamed to be American as a result of this display which completely lacks any semblance of class. Ok, I've got to go to class.

PWB

Dreaming of Donuts
Jan 31, 2006
Com'on, we all know what this is about. Your panties were in a bunch before you ever punched in MSNBCs address.

Big Mama*

I'll put in a good word for MSNBC hockey coverage. I'm pleased they showed every game and they had commentary. Canada's upset is the bigger story. Team USA was expected to lose to the Finns.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Harley said:

Your post is picking up the part you want to pick up so you can start a thread "Classless American coverage". Do you get off on that? Look at the entire piece and do not put a judgemental "classlass" in your title. I find your very post of picking part, but not telling all truly classless.

The full headline/picture has the Russian captain celebrating a goal at his bench and says, "No Canada! Russia advances in hockey over gold medal favorite. American play blame game.

You then claim, "Talk about classless. It is always so much easier to point and laugh at the misfortune of others while turning a blind eye to your own failures". The headline on the USA team is "Americans play blame game". The article basically blasts the Americans and starts with, "U.S. hockey passes blame better than puck. Finger pointing abounds after Americans suffer 4-3 defeat to Finland".

How is that turning a blind eye to your own failures?

Don't make up some kind of ******** that is not there and start a thread saying, "Classless American Coverage". 90% of the people will believe it and not actually go to the source to find out you are full of it.

Posts like this should get a banning for a month. :teach:

Sonic Death Monkey

lennie said:

Classless :sarcasm:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
rohan said:
Canada lost, so you have nothing to do but try to find something wrong with American coverage? :biglaugh: Canada was the favorite for the Gold, they got shutout for the 3rd time in the tourney, that's bigger news than the US losing to 5-0 Finland.

You're assuming he's Canadian

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
rohan said:
Yes I am, because I wouldn't think an American would care about what MSNBC said about Canada.

Well, being dopey knows no boundaries so he could be from anywhere :D

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
MSNBC specializes in news. The Canada-Russia game ended three hours after the US-Finland games. The Canada result was NEWer. Most sites like that just bump the previous topic under the newer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad