CL Round of 8

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
LOL @ the UEFA host guy

"I was following the social media and you could see the excitement around the world for this draw!" :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
City and Liverpool has the potential to be really fun. Juventus and Madrid isn't the most interesting but a finals rematch is still a good story. The other two are meh.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
"Eh" is kinda right. Can't argue from a Bayern perspective, though. Obviously not a cakewalk, but not the toughest draw, either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really boring draw all around.

Had a feeling Juventus would get Madrid or Barcelona.

As a Liverpool fan, I am not afraid of City, but the Reds are the underdogs here. This matchup was the last that I wanted, only because after being out of the CL so long, it would have been nice to face a non-English team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean...the CL is the CL and Liverpool have done well against Pep's City but they've looked like the best team in Europe this year and it's a shame we didn't draw someone else.

Still excited for two really great games of football regardless of the result. I know a lot of people labeled the Liverpool/City game at Anfield as the best of the season in the PL so let's get more of that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Worst draw possible for Liverpool.

But it is what it is. They're clear underdogs, but you never know. First leg at Anfield is unlucky.
It’s not the worse draw, but it’s the most anti-climatic.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
It's alright, I guess. Not a lot to get excited about. I like the City-LFC draw as Liverpool has been tough for City this season. Juve-Real will be a close call, though I feel like it will be two boring matches.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Meh, could've gone better.

Real-Juve is the standout, though I think Liverpool has the game to knock out City. Whether they'll do it, we'll see.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s not the worse draw, but it’s the most anti-climatic.
I would put more chance on them going through if they hadn't beat City. There's no way that City will take that as anything other than they want to prove a point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool got smashed in the first leg. It's either going to go that way or it will be a close fought tie where both play against form and don't score a lot.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Worst draw possible for Liverpool.

But it is what it is. They're clear underdogs, but you never know. First leg at Anfield is unlucky.
I'm not sure I agree on it being the worst possible draw. Liverpool is obviously the underdog, but they are the only team that's beaten City in the Premier League and lost to them with ten men.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
City vs Liverpool will be all about the tactical battle. Klopp seems to know what to deploy against them to beat them. Looking forward to it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea I think City is the favorite, but I'm going to love the tactical battle.

Klopp's pressing matches up great against City's play out of the back mentality so there's bound to be a ton of fun. From a neutral standpoint, I'm expecting it to be great to watch.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also has any team recently had a tougher CL than RM? The toughest group (though Dortmund were not in the greatest form) and have now drawn PSG then Juventus with no easy option in the future rounds if they get there.

Where are the cries about the draws here? Conspiracies and such.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Also has any team recently had a tougher CL than RM? The toughest group (though Dortmund were not in the greatest form) and have now drawn PSG then Juventus with no easy option in the future rounds if they get there.

Where are the cries about the draws here?
I think UEFA likes to alternate between the Spanish duo every other year. Although RM had a pretty tough road to last year's final as well.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I think UEFA likes to alternate between the Spanish duo every other year. Although RM had a pretty tough road to last year's final as well.

Napoli, Bayern, Atletico, Juve.
Not sure how it could've been any harder at any point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad