CL Round of 16----matches begin today

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No, Suarez is better than Kane
based on evidence of playing against top teams for years and winning international trophies.

Meanwhile you don't even understand that a team playing against Suarez, Messi, and Dembele is going to face massive mental pressure for the entire game. Never mind when they're providing physical pressure. All those players know they can't f*** up for 90 minutes because Messi will score. Chelsea would need many better players in order to decrease the likelihood of f***ing up, but of course nobody ever wants to give players credit when their team loses to them. Barcelona has better players period and that's basically all there is to say.

Reactions: Peen

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
No, Suarez is better than Kane
based on evidence of playing against top teams for years and winning international trophies.

Meanwhile you don't even understand that a team playing against Suarez, Messi, and Dembele is going to face massive mental pressure for the entire game. Never mind when they're providing physical pressure. All those players know they can't **** up for 90 minutes because Messi will score. Chelsea would need many better players in order to decrease the likelihood of ****ing up, but of course nobody ever wants to give players credit when their team loses to them. Barcelona has better players period and that's basically all there is to say.
Whatever fits your agenda man. Barcelona are fantastic and Chelsea have never faced a better team than the one they faced yesterday.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
In NT yes, but keep in mind the Barca/PSG game wasn't a single mistake. It was all 90 minutes. The easy calls like the Di Maria penalty and Pique red card weren't called, but also the small fouls throughout the game.

Germany France 82 is all about one incident.

I find hilarious that you still blame the game on the refs when PSG performed the biggest choke work I've ever seen in the history of football. They had everything on their favour coming to the Camp Nou and even scored the away goal, and they still choked it. A good team would never choke that, refs helping or not. Further proof that PSG is still far from a top contending UCL team was demonstrated this year when the worst Madrid seen in years outplays PSG on Parc Des Princes.

Ah, Chelsea's reffing was worse, easily.

Reactions: All Might

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I find hilarious that you still blame the game on the refs when PSG performed the biggest choke work I've ever seen in the history of football. They had everything on their favour coming to the Camp Nou and even scored the away goal, and they still choked it. A good team would never choke that, refs helping or not. Further proof that PSG is still far from a top contending UCL team was demonstrated this year when the worst Madrid seen in years outplays PSG on Parc Des Princes.

Ah, Chelsea's reffing was worse, easily.
The joke is on you pal.
Check my posts from after the game and come back.
Does that make it right that the reffing eliminated Paris?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Buddy im pretty sure i know more football than you do if you actually think that wasn't brutal from Christensen and all because of Barca. You probably think Salah is top5 in the Prem as well. Kane easily takes Suarez place. Coutinho and Iniesta isn't a level above Eriksen.

A declining Iniesta is a better player than Eriksen and Coutinho.

Kane is awesome and all but Suarez's arguably better.

Barça killed the game in 20 minutes and never looked in danger after that, didn't even put the final gear on the game. Thinking that a penalty would change the final outcome is wishful thinking

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The joke is on you pal.
Check my posts from after the game and come back.
Does that make it right that the reffing eliminated Paris?

I know you criticized PSG back then, yet you keep blaming the ref. The only thing PSG should point to blame the game is at themselves. PSG eliminated themselves on that one, not the ref. If there was ever a game for self-criticisim is that one.
You really look back at the game and see it as the refs fault instead of a massive choke?
I was at the Camp Nou and as bad as a couple of calls were, nobody believed that PSG would lose the tie after Cavani's goal. I mean, the stadium was dead after Edinson's goal.

The one that I see as the refs lucking us out was Chelsea's one.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's laughable.
OF COURSE the ref cost the game. Not a single doubt about it
The Di Maria pen+red card isn't even a debate.
At 3-2 game over.
Doesn't change the choke but to deny the obvious is quite incredible.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I find hilarious that you still blame the game on the refs when PSG performed the biggest choke work I've ever seen in the history of football.

Choking doesn't mean they deserved to be shafted over by the refs.
Remember, there were 3 different decisions that were either blatantly missed or at least could've gone either way.
Any one of them is called, and game ends 3-1 or 3-2 and noone ever mentions choking:
- Suarez penalty
- Mascherano on Di Maria last man tackle (including Masche admitting it was a foul post-game)
- Neymar lashing out and kicking a PSG player with the ball long gone

That's not even mentioning stuff like the Masche handball in the first half. Or even the Neymar penalty which was borderline (I would've given it as I think Meunier deliberately dove into Ney's path, but a lot of people wouldn't).

Again, yes, PSG choked. But if that game is called as it should've been, PSG go through and it all looks fairly uneventful in the end, at 3-1 or 3-2.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
While my recollection of the PSG tie is that we got more of the calls the narrative in this thread is too one-sided to that effect. For example PSG should have had a player sent off in the first leg (think it was Verratti, but my have been Rabiot). No one bothered with it at the time because it was later in that match and the tie was considered over. Also, the Suarez penalty was indeed that, a penalty. Clear as day. I don't remember all of it though and like I said I think the refs played enough of a role (just like when they knocked us out against Inter in 2010), but I'd have to go back.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You embarrassed yourself once already with those comments about the first leg, which was fairly reffed according to everyone and their mother.

Admit it, and move on.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You embarrass yourself practically daily, so I'd put the mouse aside for a bit. Like I said, somebody should have had a second yellow and been sent off. How much difference it makes in the tie is highly debatable.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You embarrass yourself practically daily, so I'd put the mouse aside for a bit. Like I said, somebody should have had a second yellow and been sent off. How much difference it makes in the tie is highly debatable.
Nobody should have had a second yellow.
You managed to say right after the game that the ref decisions balanced out on the two games even though everyone could tell there was zero ref mistake in the first leg.
That's extremely embarrassing.
It makes you no less of a fan to admit that tie was nuked by the ref. He managed to give Barca every little (or big) help they needed to achieve the Remontada.
The Mascherano (not Pique as I wrote) tackle FROM BEHIND, on Di Maria who was ALONE on goal. That's about two red offenses and a penalty on the same play. Nothing called. See, I'm not even talking about the laughable penalties or phantom fouls called out all game long.
JUST that play made it a farce.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nobody should have had a second yellow.
You managed to say right after the game that the ref decisions balanced out on the two games even though everyone could tell there was zero ref mistake in the first leg.
That's extremely embarrassing.
It makes you no less of a fan to admit that tie was nuked by the ref. He managed to give Barca every little (or big) help they needed to achieve the Remontada.
The Mascherano (not Pique as I wrote) tackle FROM BEHIND, on Di Maria who was ALONE on goal. That's about two red offenses and a penalty on the same play. Nothing called. See, I'm not even talking about the laughable penalties or phantom fouls called out all game long.
JUST that play made it a farce.

For starters, I could care less what anyone else said about the first leg and ref mistakes. It's very clear. Nothing embarrassing as it's there for all to see.

As for the tie, I just said above we got more of the calls and I also think it affected the tie. That said it's not as one-sided as has been made out in this thread and it doesn't change the fact that someone should have been sent off towards the end of the first leg (pretty sure it was Verratti, which again probably doesn't make a big difference since he offered little in the second leg).

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
z9jQZO7.png

Good job by UEFA keeping Barça, Madrid, Bayern and City separated until the semi's ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad