Chelsea - Barcelona
Bayern Munich - Besiktas

February 21 & March 13

Sevilla - Manchester United
Shakhtar - Roma

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Knew the Barca-Chelsea number would be high didn't realize it would be that high.

United will probably "randomly" draw Shakhtar

That chart gives them an over 50% chance of drawing Bayern, Juventus, or Real. Confirmed bogus.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can't wait for

United vs Shakhtar
Liverpool vs. Basel
Manchester City vs. Porto
Roma vs. Bayern
PSG vs. Juve
Tottenham vs. Sevilla
Besiktas vs. Real Madrid
Barcelona vs. Chelsea

You can pretty much count on some teams getting the easiest draw possible because they already did the last round, and it seems like repeat matchups always happen in this.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Can't wait for

United vs Shakhtar
Liverpool vs. Basel
Manchester City vs. Porto
Roma vs. Bayern
PSG vs. Juve
Tottenham vs. Sevilla
Besiktas vs. Real Madrid
Barcelona vs. Chelsea

You can pretty much count on some teams getting the easiest draw possible because they already did the last round, and it seems like repeat matchups always happen in this.

United and Liverpool exchanging their cupcake group stage opponents would be funny

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
EDIT: added a link for a Mock Draw to OP. Came up with this (in order) on my first click:

Chelsea-PSG
Shakhtar-Tottenham
Porto-Man City
Madrid-Man Utd
Juventus-Beşiktaş
Basel-Liverpool
Sevilla-Roma
Bayern-Barcelona

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dunno about cupcake draws. I mean RBL and Monaco had an easier group than Liverpool and couldn't make the cut.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I dunno about cupcake draws. I mean RBL and Monaco had an easier group than Liverpool and couldn't make the cut.

Thanks for the laugh. RBL and Monaco both had 3 other competent teams in their group. Liverpool not so much.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did the lottery draw and got...

Chelsea vs Besiktas
Munich vs Man City
Sevilla vs PSG
Basel vs Barca
Juventus vs Liverpool
Porto vs Man United
Madrid vs Roma
Donetsk vs Spurs.

Those would be really interesting and very offencive match ups IMHO. Also @Evilo is probably having trouble sleeping due to the amount of EPL clubs making it through to the final 16.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Thanks for the laugh. RBL and Monaco both had 3 other competent teams in their group. Liverpool not so much.
Yes this is true. Groups where anyone can advance are the toughest. There were four teams fighting for a spot in that group instead of three; name value or not.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool is a very clear tier over Sevilla/Spartak, and then you have Maribor lol.
Sevilla and Liverpool are close. Spartak is pretty far away though. Sevilla know how to execute in Europe. No one should want to play them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sevilla and Spartak each could have topped that group. Porto and Besiktas were far from great.

Just because Spartak won the Russian league in May doesn't make them a good team in December. Or even September. They were a horrible side that parked the bus in Moscow and somehow got a miracle point when Liverpool should have scored five goals. They tried to do that again and clearly it isn't working on Liverpool at the moment.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wait so Chelsea is guaranteed one of PSG, Barca, or Beşiktaş? Well I know who I would be rooting for it I were them....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad