Signing(s): CJ Anderson to Panthers

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Well there goes me not keeping CMC this season. Damn you Carolina.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
He's still going to see the bulk of the work I think. They just needed to add a body as insurance in case CAP/Fozzy aren't able to fill in, which I don't think they will.

I dont think so. Stewart still got 200 touches despite being terrible last season. Anderson is a significant upgrade. McCaffrey will still make his money in the passing game but the Panthers have Moore and healthy Olsen to take targets away. I dont see him improving on last year's numbers.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I dont think so. Stewart still got 200 touches despite being terrible last season. Anderson is a significant upgrade. McCaffrey will still make his money in the passing game but the Panthers have Moore and healthy Olsen to take targets away. I dont see him improving on last year's numbers.

McCaffrey still ended up with almost 200 touches himself last year and finally had his big game in the playoffs against the Saints. I've still got high expectations for his production, especially with Norv coming in. He's never going to be Le'veon Bell, but I could see him having plenty of Dion Lewis sort of games, which is pretty nice in full-point PPR.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I like this signing a lot. I know that Denver wanted to save money, but still. Getting a quality player this late in free agency is pretty rare. He seems like a great fit to pair with McCaffrey. And he's a big upgrade on Stewart, who looked done last year.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

I missed this a few days ago, but it's a good thing they signed him when they did. Fozzy wasn't going to have a large role, but this will funnel even more carries to McCaffrey and Anderson.

Reactions: SnS

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
They barely used him at all. Was kinda perplexing actually. But other than maybe a handful of plays, he didn't look all that great.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Trying to figure out a next spot for him is tricky. He is a fit for what Cleveland does, as he's like a less athletic Chubb. Not really a need, though. He's better than Alfred Blue and if they don't think Foreman comes back this year, Houston might work. Patriots or Raiders, maybe?

I actually would be fine with the Steelers picking him up as a backup, too. He is an upgrade over Ridley if Bell isn't coming back.

Probably just clears waivers and waits for an injury.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Trying to figure out a next spot for him is tricky. He is a fit for what Cleveland does, as he's like a less athletic Chubb. Not really a need, though. He's better than Alfred Blue and if they don't think Foreman comes back this year, Houston might work. Patriots or Raiders, maybe?

I actually would be fine with the Steelers picking him up as a backup, too. He is an upgrade over Ridley if Bell isn't coming back.

Probably just clears waivers and waits for an injury.

Patriots, since Burkhead's a few weeks away

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Hard to understand why they didn't use him. I like Cmac a whole lot but they're on pace to give him 330 touches right now which is an awful lot for a 200 lb running back. They need somebody to do some heavy work in that offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad